It Doesn't Matter

"Chemical Brothers Live 1997" VHS?

Started by Crotor, Jun 11, 2019, 21:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 18, 2019, 02:34

Thanks for the note on how to pull the video. I'll work on making that happen. Going to play dumb here, but assuming I need some sort of software to pull the video from. Any suggestions?

FYI, I've shared the audio with Conn6orsuper117 to load to youtube. Enjoy!! It's the full set from beginning to end!! Just re-listened to it over the weekend and it's much a better quality than I remember.

**just looked at the link... I see it comes with software, however, I am on a mac and it doesn't look compatible for that. Any other suggestions?

here's one for 20 dollars that works with both
https://www.amazon.com/DIGITNOW-Capture-Converter-Digital-Windows/dp/B07H287NRC/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2VLTATADETF1W&keywords=vhs+to+digital+converter+mac&qid=1560827928&s=gateway&sprefix=vhs+to+digital+converter+mac%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-6
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 18, 2019, 02:34

FYI, I've shared the audio with Conn6orsuper117 to load to youtube. Enjoy!! It's the full set from beginning to end!! Just re-listened to it over the weekend and it's much a better quality than I remember.

Thank you so freaking very much! good stuff here!
Edit: I take LSD is my fave from this set (influenced from the miami bass genre perhaps)

linky
Last Edit: Jun 21, 2019, 02:47 by inchemwetrust
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

FYI all, I'm having the tape digitized professionally. I'll make the files available when I have them. Should be getting it sent off this week - would've prior to this but was facing some medical hijinks.

I can't thank you enough for your awesomeness.

wow, you're a champ, thanks so much!
Eight or over.

Quote from: Crotor on Jul 01, 2019, 02:38

FYI all, I'm having the tape digitized professionally. I'll make the files available when I have them. Should be getting it sent off this week - would've prior to this but was facing some medical hijinks.
Any update on this?

Not yet. But I haven't forgotten about y'all. Should be happening soon.

Found this on DAT while cleaning out the storage unit....
https://soundcloud.com/scott-andrew-16/chembros1997-05-17partial

Found this thread doing some research on the show.
Enjoy!

Boldcaptain! Some of us were discussing your awesome recordings at the US concerts recently. Great to see you, thank you for sharing this.

this really is a great recording
Eight or over.

I can say the two are different shows, in this recording IDM starts with the synth and the VHS starts with Lothar.

Man you can almost hear them ready to drop EML Ritual and MAH when they're building into IDM!

Edit: this is amazing, is there a downloadable version? Not sure how/if it's possible with Soundcloud?
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 00:29 by actionjackson780

this truly is a good year for chem Lives :music

Edit: During the Reel @ 1:15:47 ish, you can hear the sirens from the 2000 Live version of It doesnt matter & During I Take LSD, you can hear heavily distorted UHs from chemical beats

Edit 2: according to setlists, this is supposed to takes place in Hammerstein Ballroom In NYC, considering the title says 1997-05-17
Last Edit: Aug 18, 2019, 21:01 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Aug 15, 2019, 01:26
this truly is a good year for chem Lives
You're not wrong! I'm not new to the chems by any means but joining this forum exactly when I did earlier this year has proven soo fruitful opening my eyes to their live history

Quote from: boldcaptain on Aug 14, 2019, 22:20

Found this on DAT while cleaning out the storage unit....
https://soundcloud.com/scott-andrew-16/chembros1997-05-17partial

Found this thread doing some research on the show.
Enjoy!

My friend and I made an astonishing discovery listening to this recording, the bit from I Take LSD is just a filtered version of the synth intro from Not Another Drugstore!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mxZ842dbGPFpDISKl8fmQsJvPF0Qvuly/view?usp=sharing

here's my take on the remake, it required a bit of editing to the intro and it's nowhere near perfect...(we may or may not end up remaking the whole mix)
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 04:59 by hstn
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

boldcaptain...

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

boldcaptain, you don't have to answer this, but I would like to say...  I hope someone in the Daft Punk camp tracked you down and properly compensated you for your Coachella 2006 "effort". 

Taking account of all the factors that were happening at that time, and what happened as result, there is no doubt in my mind your Daft Punk recording has far more influence than just being another bootleg. Legality be damned.

Thanks to all of those who are contributing with these older recordings. Simply awesome stuff!

Is it THE boldcaptain? TEH bold captain we have to be grateful to for the 2005 coachella and the 2003 Centro Fly DJ set recording?! You have now idea (or probably you do) how big a deal that was at a time when we were practically stuck on a lonely live recording island, longing for any coconut dub that fell from the heavens. I remember that time so vividly, when I was soaking in all bits and pieces of live audio I could come by (the mixingbowl anyone?).

Welcome aboard, captain!
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 08:28 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

holy shit, people on the daft club were trying to reach him in gratitude.
Welcome to the Chembase, Brother!

P.S. Feel free to hit us up if you have the DP Redbox 1997 recording ::)
Last Edit: Aug 15, 2019, 08:52 by Conn6orsuper117

Ha, Biff and Boldcaptain in the credits!

"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)