What's this do? How Does It Feel Like to Wake Up In the Sun?

"Chemical Brothers Live 1997" VHS?

Started by Crotor, Jun 11, 2019, 21:27

Previous topic - Next topic
I made an MKV with all 3 audio, default is from csar.
As second stream the original audio and as 3rd mine (it's a bit more processed).
Enjoy!

https://mega.nz/#!oqoWUKJD!OCKvnhJYS6wOD5LI85eHhglgaRrwo5pk7gIu6Eqrto4

I know you guys mean well, but an amateur shot, 22 year old recording on VHS tape, and we're complaining about quality?::)  We're lucky the tape wasn't eaten on playback.

Thank you Crotor for taking the time to transfer this. And Cheers for the enhanced audio version Csar/Mannix.

Thought Tom's shirt said "Bomb the Bass" but I think it says "Bomb the Past", is that a reference to something?

I concur, the quality for a (privately?) recorded gig that was transfered to and from VHS is as good as it gets. I'm just glad we are even able to get a glimpse back to 1997, especially with a viewing angle like that!

Thanks Mannix, I think your mix is crisper than mine! Thanks for the various audio stream version.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

bosco and csar, your decency and sanity are appreciated. this video is brilliant
Eight or over.

You're welcome, it was a pleasure 8)

The gig is a rare gem and we are so lucky for this unexpected gift, thanks again Crotor!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not "complaining" about the quality.
As Bosco said we are lucky the tape wasn't eaten in the process.
But an expert eye notices immediately the encoder was not setup at its best.
Can't be sure without actually seeing the original but my bet is the video lost really a lot, there are massive blobs of mpeg macroblocks that shouldn't be there.
Damn this VHS still rocks after so many years.
Most of the CD and DVD that I mastered during that period, when I take them out the sleeve they end up in shreds... and they were selling it like they'd last longer than any tape tsk
Anyway in case another transfer is attempted I'd be happy to support in the encoder configuration :)

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 30, 2019, 20:06

Thought Tom's shirt said "Bomb the Bass" but I think it says "Bomb the Past", is that a reference to something?

After wading through the thickets of the shady Redbubble reprint market, I discovered an interview that apparently only survived on Flickr which suggests it's from a series of slogans/merch-ready advertisements for Deconstruction Records, devised by label head Peter Hadfield. Deconstruction was founded by a bunch of Haçienda vets and as we know Tom & Ed were fans of the Nude Night, which I imagine is how that connection happened (plus they had a remix out around that time for Deconstruction act Lionrock, which probably helped).
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Hell of a find Champi.

Tom was on Deconstruction Records as a part of Ariel, they released Rollercoaster, T-Baby, and all but their earliest singles through them. Deconstruction also helped hook up a few of the earliest Chemical Brothers live shows when they were still the Dust Brothers in 94 / 95.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Sep 01, 2019, 20:10

Hell of a find Champi.

Tom was on Deconstruction Records as a part of Ariel, they released Rollercoaster, T-Baby, and all but their earliest singles through them. Deconstruction also helped hook up a few of the earliest Chemical Brothers live shows when they were still the Dust Brothers in 94 / 95.

to further this convo:

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,212.msg12435.html#msg12435

thanks for tracking down the reference Champiness

Quote from: Bosco on Aug 30, 2019, 20:06

I know you guys mean well, but an amateur shot, 22 year old recording on VHS tape, and we're complaining about quality?::)  We're lucky the tape wasn't eaten on playback.

I think it looks great, just wish it was a little louder on YouTube. I have to turn my TV app up to 50 when watching when normally my TV volume is on 10-16. Be nice to not change the video and blow out my speakers when the next video is at normal volume. ;)

Quote from: neorev on Sep 03, 2019, 23:10

I think it looks great, just wish it was a little louder on YouTube. I have to turn my TV app up to 50 when watching when normally my TV volume is on 10-16. Be nice to not change the video and blow out my speakers when the next video is at normal volume. ;)

Crotor requested that I also upload the video to my channel, I doubled the volume so hopefully its loud enough

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I literally have just finished watching this gig and bloody hell, what incredible footage!
I especially loved seeing the guys hammering the mixing desk. And I'm probably late to the party with this but I never knew that 'Hey Boy Hey Girl' & 'Music:Response' were played this early!!
Thank you so much for the upload. What great memories of that era.
Cheers!

1. Thanks to all for:

A. Your work on improving the/deploying said improved audio

B. Proving to my wife that my case of fandom is not the most severe

2. Just looked at the analytics for my original upload. Hella surprised at the Russian and Ukrainian views. Is that typical for Chems fandom content?

Quote from: Crotor on Sep 06, 2019, 02:20

2. Just looked at the analytics for my original upload. Hella surprised at the Russian and Ukrainian views. Is that typical for Chems fandom content?

The dream of 90's electronica is still alive for a bunch of enthusiastic Slavs who lowkey bankroll the continued careers of its notable artists - this is what they did the last time the Chems came to town.
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Crotor on Sep 06, 2019, 02:20

1. Thanks to all for:

A. Your work on improving the/deploying said improved audio

B. Proving to my wife that my case of fandom is not the most severe

2. Just looked at the analytics for my original upload. Hella surprised at the Russian and Ukrainian views. Is that typical for Chems fandom content?
Ha, I hope transferring a VHS tape isn't considered over the top fandom :)

As for the Russian/ Ukrainian views, those are most likly spammers who have been flooding the site for some weeks now. This is not the Prodigy we're talking about :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Quote from: Csar on Sep 06, 2019, 08:14
As for the Russian/ Ukrainian views, those are most likly spammers who have been flooding the site for some weeks now. This is not the Prodigy we're talking about
No.

I'm admin of a Chems group in Russian social network VK and posted this video there:

Hi Kevin!

Then I'll take it back and would like to apologize. I thought the torrent of spam bots lately was a plausible cause. Great to see there are lots of Russian and Ukrainian fans enjoying the Chems.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Up n runnin..

Chemical Brothers (partial)
May 17, 1997
Hammerstien Ballroom, NYC

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=657424

Quote from: Crotor on Aug 26, 2019, 02:35

Okay, the video is here:

Download: https://we.tl/t-xZtdlJJN5H

Working on streaming...

Could someone the upload this? I was a bit slow on the uptake on this

Thanks
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

Quote from: sneakerbeater on Nov 10, 2019, 17:35

Could someone the upload this? I was a bit slow on the uptake on this

Thanks
Hey Sneaker, I could upload the file Mannix provided that has all 3 audio tracks integrated in 6x 300MB archives? Would that be ok?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."

Hi Csar, I've just spotted Mannix link above and that's still working! I'm all sorted now, thank for the offer.
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.