But Now I Think I See the Light

"Chemical Brothers Live 1997" VHS?

Started by Crotor, Jun 11, 2019, 21:27

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone ever come across a VHS labeled "Chemical Brothers Live 1997"? It's audience footage from a right hand (facing the stage) balcony? Definitely a full show, definitely a 1997 show, and IIRC, it was billed as being a NYC show, though it's not made clear on any of the packaging.

Anyway, I got ahold of a copy around 2000 and have only watched it once, with an eye towards digitizing it eventually. But here we are in 2019, and everything I spent so much effort looking for in the late 90s/early Aughts is already digitized and uploaded to YouTube or SoundCloud or *something* out there, and I thought I'd check and see if anyone else has come across this footage in digital form before I bite the bullet and pay for the service or invest in equipment myself. My Google-Fu is strong, but I haven't been able to turn up any indication of this recording, in video or audio form, existing anywhere on the internet in 2019.

Sounds quite interesting. Does it look sort of professional or like a private recording?
If you think the quality would justify it and it wouldn't mean too much of financial burden, it would be cool if you could digitalize it?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

It's definitely an amateur recording. I'm definitely going to digitize it (it has the proto-HBHG!). Just wanted to try and double-check that it's not already out there digitally before I do so (literally just this morning found another VHS that I intended to digitize already on YouTube).

Quote from: Crotor on Jun 11, 2019, 22:55
(it has the proto-HBHG!)
Oh damn.

No, this doesn't exist online anywhere. The only footage of this live out there is audio from Osaka 1997.
Never for money, always for love.

It's definitely an amateur recording. I'm definitely going to digitize it (it has the proto-HBHG!). Just wanted to try and double-check that it's not already out there digitally before I do so (literally just this morning found another VHS that I intended to digitize already on YouTube).

Do it!
How much does it cost to do? Perhaps we can all chip in a couple of bucks to help.

(literally just this morning found another VHS that I intended to digitize already on YouTube).

Curious about this one (Chems or not). Link?
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

I have said VHS. It's shown in the pic I sent a while back of my collection. I have ripped the audio from it years ago. It's a decent audio, but very late 90s quality of the audio/video.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 16, 2019, 16:11

I have said VHS. It's shown in the pic I sent a while back of my collection. I have ripped the audio from it years ago. It's a decent audio, but very late 90s quality of the audio/video.
can you send a link?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I don't have it on the internets. Suppose I could figure out how to do that when I have time later today. Here are pics of the VHS.

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 16, 2019, 17:27
Here are pics of the VHS.

Gorgeous
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I don't have it on the internets. Suppose I could figure out how to do that when I have time later today. Here are pics of the VHS.
:o Bruh! you gotta get that footage ripped for youtube ASAP!
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Lordy, there are tapes!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Here are pics of the VHS.

Wow! it exists!

have my popcorn ready
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

I can't be the only one who has this. I've owned this thing for years. I have it in audio ripped only. Not sure how I can rip the video, but will look into it.

Quote from: neorev on Jun 12, 2019, 04:06
Do it!
How much does it cost to do? Perhaps we can all chip in a couple of bucks to help.

It looks gorgeous, I'm in :)

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 16, 2019, 23:06

I can't be the only one who has this. I've owned this thing for years. I have it in audio ripped only. Not sure how I can rip the video, but will look into it.
can you PM me the audio so I can post it on the archive (I will credit you)

Quote from: mesamm99 on Jun 16, 2019, 23:06

I'd love a copy of the audio. I love listening to live shows. I have a bunch on my SD card for driving.

Thanks for the note on how to pull the video. I'll work on making that happen. Going to play dumb here, but assuming I need some sort of software to pull the video from. Any suggestions?

FYI, I've shared the audio with Conn6orsuper117 to load to youtube. Enjoy!! It's the full set from beginning to end!! Just re-listened to it over the weekend and it's much a better quality than I remember.

**just looked at the link... I see it comes with software, however, I am on a mac and it doesn't look compatible for that. Any other suggestions?