I Know What to Do: I'm Going to Lose My Mind

Source for "The Music Gets louder quote"

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Jun 22, 2019, 10:47

Previous topic - Next topic
Looking for the quote they use during the live intro to Escape Velocity. its even used before The Sunshine underground in 2007.

I tried simply googling Timothy leary and even tried pasting the quote in google but no results.
if anyone's confused its the quote in my signiture.
Last Edit: Jun 22, 2019, 19:50 by Conn6orsuper117
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Sidney Cohen's LSD: a documentary report on the current psychedelic drug controversy! (1966)

I don't have much time now to search for it but here you have the sample at 4:50:

Edit: Here's the documentary, but you'll need to find the sample for yourself, sorry.
Discogs: https://www.discogs.com/No-Artist-LSD/release/2820278

Last Edit: Jun 22, 2019, 11:35 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Good spotting Kosek.

I found different YT uploads with the thing split into two parts.

Jump to 7.50. But ALSO before that, jump to 4.27 for another interesting sound BITE.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

It just occurred to me that this record is where the intro sample to Meat Beat Manifesto's 'Acid Again' is from too. I don't think it's in that part you posted Wolken, and Google unfortunately doesn't take me directly to where I wanna go, but it's for sure in there somewhere.

Love that track. And the dub even more so. Mmmnn...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jun 22, 2019, 16:17

It just occurred to me that this record is where the intro sample to Meat Beat Manifesto's 'Acid Again' is from too. I don't think it's in that part you posted Wolken, and Google unfortunately doesn't take me directly to where I wanna go, but it's for sure in there somewhere.
I haven't listened to the full 46 minute thing TBH. But it's funny you should say that because I was thinking it might be the source for
by My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult. It seems both tracks sampled the same thing. And that thing is: WNEW Radio News And Public Affairs Department ‎– A Child, Again. An interview with a 19 year old called Marcy. The sample can be heard at 2.28 and 4.50.

It's dated 1968 (broadcast 1967) whilst the LSD documentary is dated 1966. Could Marcy have been interviewed for both? Maybe we need to listen to the full LSD thing...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Having listened to both sides of the Sidney Cohen record a few years ago, it's wild (though not, perhaps, surprising, given the subject matter) how many samples you can trace back to this thing. On top of the above examples you can add Porcupine Tree's "Voyage 34", which is basically the entire second side set to prog-rock:
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

thank you everybody! ;D I guess its time to correct the wording in my quote.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."