Hey Boy

Star Guitar'd

Started by CreamyOne, Jun 23, 2019, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
  I'm really wanting to start a Chem Bros cover band but with real instruments. Of course there would have to be a keyboard in it but that would be the closest to cheating.....
  A real band playing their music.....

Has it or is it being done cuz i've yet to look it up....?

* this idea came to me way back when Push the Button came out n i thought that Jesus & Mary Chain should cover Believe
Stay Creamy

Ha! That's the first thing I thought of when i saw the thread. And no, I won't countenance anyone saying the Brooks Brothers mix is the best one. No way!
There was also a punky version of Go on YT a while ago wasn't there?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I've had a similar thought, CreamyOne.

Believe it or not, I actually convinced the (very metal - think Dream Theater/Metallica) band I was in at school, to do a live instruments version of Galvanize and Where's Your Head At at a school event. I seem to remember it going down pretty well actually!
We were called 'Serpent Bird of Paradise' - because I know you were wondering.

Seriously though, I would love to drum in a live band that played covers of electronic music. I've always wanted to be in an LCD Soundsystem tribute band, but a Chems one would be even better.
Just tricky when a lot of their sound is very sample based, and very magical secret synth noises based.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning