Got Glint?

Deluxe packaging

Started by Ford, Jul 18, 2015, 00:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone - can those who have received their deluxe CD package please post a photo of it? I'd like to see what type of packaging the UK, US and anywhere else got. I've ordered the Japanese version, which is confirmed as a digipak on ebay, and it was mentioned on the Facebook group that the non-Japanese release would receive better, more 'deluxe' packaging than a digipak.

I'd rather nicer packaging for the collection than the extra track, since my CDs just sit on my shelf anyway and don't get played.

If the Japanese packaging is the same as the UK/US, then I won't cancel the order.

EDIT: Got my answers on Facebook, Discogs has some good images of the UK packaging and it is different to the Japanese package. I'm going to get both!
Last Edit: Jul 18, 2015, 03:34 by Ford

Fotos can not capture the true beauty of this awesome design! Initially I thought it looked quite basic and not that exciting, but now that I'm holding it in my own hands, it's such a gorgeous package. The haptic of it and the white ink are just wonderful. The booklet on the other hand is indeed a bit plain and simple but it somehow works in the grand scheme of things.

Can't stop looking at it and touching it.

Funny side note in the booklet:  Fabric design from 1843!?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The store where I bought mine had both the normal CD and the Lt. Edition. Both had the same packaging, exept for the tracklist on the back.
Photo of my Lt. Edition:
http://twitter.com/stewosch/status/622157169148997632

Strangely, the media store with the sixth of our planets in its name was not supplied with new releases on Friday morning so I had to wait until late afternoon to pick up a copy. Even more strangely, they only had two copies in total and both were deluxe versions.. Something went wrong with the vendor one of the sales staff said.

Anyway, I love to put my sticky fingers on the cover. Great to hear it's like that for each and every version.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My 3xLP came innnnn

Made out of that same fabric-esque material, really robust.
Never for money, always for love.

I will be picking up my vinyl copy this weekend (hopefully, provided one of my 2 local shops has it in stock!) Otherwise I will have to make the pilgrimage to Amoeba records in Los Angeles.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Ahhh, That's cool that it's made ouf of the same fabric. Having this in 12" is going to be terrific. Still waiting for it to hit my doorstep.
Also, it looks like the CD print is slightly shifted to the right, or vice versa.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 21, 2015, 01:57

I will be picking up my vinyl copy this weekend (hopefully, provided one of my 2 local shops has it in stock!) Otherwise I will have to make the pilgrimage to Amoeba records in Los Angeles.
Amoeba! What a fantastic store this is. My manager back in the days recommended it to me and it was just mind blowing, from a German point of view :) It's also where I picked up the Further LP.
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 11:37 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 21, 2015, 00:14

My 3xLP came innnnn

Made out of that same fabric-esque material, really robust.
Which number did you get on the silk print? and when did you pre-order it?

833/1000, ordered it on May 26. I ordered through the MusicToday store and not the TheChemicalBrothers.com store, which might have had a difference on the number.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 22, 2015, 23:05

833/1000, ordered it on May 26. I ordered through the MusicToday store and not the TheChemicalBrothers.com store, which might have had a difference on the number.
Cool, thanks WN.
Did anyone got their Triple vinyl who ordered during April?

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 22, 2015, 23:17

Cool, thanks WN.
Did anyone got their Triple vinyl who ordered during April?
Mine's due today and already dispatched. So I hope it'll be here in the next couple of hours. Still no words on the wav files, however, even though I contacted them yesterday. I don't really need them but the customer service seems a little messy with this release.
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 08:29 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 23, 2015, 08:27

Mine's due today and already dispatched. So I hope it'll be here in the next couple of hours. Still no words on the wav files, however, even though I contacted them yesterday. I don't really need them but the customer service seems a little messy with this release.
Have you got it so far?

Got mine today (triple and double vinyl)! Looks awesome!
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 12:37 by toxic

Yeah, just got mine too. This looks bloody fantastic!  :o Worth every penny. The lithography is incredibly beautiful.

Etchings are:
On every site:  Miketm - The exchange Mike Mash Mastering

A: how you calling it
B: per my mail
C: jacques cousteau
D: hello mate
E: and then it changed...
F: anything else?

Anything else? Yes! More of it, please! :)
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 13:39 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Csar, Toxic,
What number did you get on the silk print?? and when did you guys order?

Emm.. Are you guys have turntables to listen to it?
Or you just collecting it?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 23, 2015, 14:41

Csar, Toxic,

Got 772, and i ordered it on the day when pre-order started.

Quote from: Explud on Jul 23, 2015, 17:02

I've got a turntable, and own every chemical brothers album / single / promo on vinyl. I'm a collector and listener ;)
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 18:08 by toxic

YES recieved my deluxe cd and 3LP today. I got 797/1000. I think I have to frame this otherwise how do you keep it nice?
Does this mean the 3LP is also limited to 1000 printings?
It looks very nice and it sound much better than Spotify :D. I haven't heard any bonus track so far.

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 23, 2015, 14:41

Csar, Toxic,
My number is 123. Odd, though, that it is written with lead pencil. I ordered on April 28.

Quote from: Explud on Jul 23, 2015, 17:02

I have an old hifi stereo with a seperate record deck which still works (for how long I don't know since the LPs are quite heavy).

@toxic: Why did you buy two LP versions?
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 19:44 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

How come toxic who ordered before you Csar, got a shitty number?
Cool number btw Csar.

that made me lol.
I have 2 turntables and a mixer, so more than listening to it I like mixing it.