Listen to Your Heart

Deluxe packaging

Started by Ford, Jul 18, 2015, 00:18

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm guessing it might depend on where you ordered from, MusicToday or TheChemicalBrothers.com.

Also 123 is fantastic, but I'm really happy with 833/1000 - 1000 is exactly 120% of 833 (repeating of course) so it's mathematically pretty.

Yes I was a strange child.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: Csar on Jul 23, 2015, 19:41

My number is 123. Odd, though, that it is written with lead pencil. I ordered on April 28.
I have an old hifi stereo with a seperate record deck which still works (for how long I don't know since the LPs are quite heavy).

@toxic: Why did you buy two LP versions?

I'm a die hard collector, and got a strange thing with numbers... XDUSTLP....

Haha, you guys and numbers :D
If I divide 1000 by my number I get a mathematically beautiful one too: 8,130081300 (repetend), including my birthday :)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Ha! Too funny. You in Mensa WN? None of my business? Probably none of my business.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I decided to keep my order of the Japan edition CD and order the triple vinyl LP from the Chems store. Don't even own decks yet - I've just decided to start a small Chems vinyl collection. Also just ordered the Surrender reissue from Amazon. So turntables are in my future!

Postage of the triple LP to Australia would have been 19 quid. Luckily I'm flying to Europe next week and my British friend is meeting up with me - I've had it delivered to him for 4 quid instead.  ;D

Quote from: Ford on Jul 25, 2015, 01:59

I decided to keep my order of the Japan edition CD and order the triple vinyl LP from the Chems store. Don't even own decks yet - I've just decided to start a small Chems vinyl collection. Also just ordered the Surrender reissue from Amazon. So turntables are in my future!

Postage of the triple LP to Australia would have been 19 quid. Luckily I'm flying to Europe next week and my British friend is meeting up with me - I've had it delivered to him for 4 quid instead.  ;D

Make sure you dealt with the whole LP subject matter before you go buy any turntable. I learned recently that one might need to get some extra devices (like a preamp) given what type of system it is going to be (moving magnet MM or moving coil MC). I don't know, though, what's the more common these days.

Btw, 19 quid, given the distance, is quite "cheap". Even though the UK isn't that far away from us here in Germany, we still had to pay 16 euro bucks.
Last Edit: Jul 25, 2015, 09:07 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Ford on Jul 25, 2015, 01:59

Dude!
You gotta buy some decks there, I bought mines (Technics 1210s) in germany for a bargain. And buy lots of local records, it's so fucking cheap it's amazing.

I just noticed that I have some sort of dent/ scratch in my LP cover. Do you think it's worth it to ask for a cover replacement?

— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 25, 2015, 19:36

Definetely ask for a replacement, a full one, not just the cover.
Hm, I very much would like to keep my lithography and thus only would like to replace the cover. Let's see how this will sort out.
— Aurora (The Seed)

Usually when I ask for a replacement I get to keep the original... weird.

I'm looking at purchasing the Audio Technica LP120 USB, will cost about AU $380. Comes with a preamp built in so I will just plug it into my existing home stereo.

Any tips on where I could track down some Chems records whilst in Paris?

Quote from: Csar on Jul 25, 2015, 19:23

I just noticed that I have some sort of dent/ scratch in my LP cover. Do you think it's worth it to ask for a cover replacement?

Get a new one for sure!

Quote from: Ford on Jul 26, 2015, 16:05

Any tips on where I could track down some Chems records whilst in Paris?

I only know one place at the top of my head which is Betenos, which is an old school hip hop record store.

EDIT:
http://www.betinos.com/
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: Stefan on Jul 18, 2015, 23:29

The store where I bought mine had both the normal CD and the Lt. Edition. Both had the same packaging, exept for the tracklist on the back.

Checke it today. The pckaging is different. The deluxe edition has a fabric feel while the normal cd has a smooth surface.

Yes!!! It arrived today to Santa Fe in Argentina! Like made of a sort of fabric, in the shape of a book, one cd with the bonus tracks. Made in the Czech Republic. I can't upload the pic from my phone, but I think you already know the cover. Happy day!
You are all my children now!

Cool! I hope you'll enjoy it! I had a look at the regular CD and 2LP. The deluxe editions are truly superior. I don't regret not having them canceled after the store debacle.
Some word of advice from me: be careful with the cover. The black color ink appears to be rather thin so that scratches can damage it, making the sublayer shine through.

Speaking of which, I haven't managed to get a new cover replacement. They would just refund the whole package if I sent it back. Furthermore, they haven't sent me those bonus files yet they promised. Either my English is too bad or they're lazy as hell. I contaced them regarding the downloads, explaining in advance that I had checked my spam folder etc. just to make clear I hadn't received and deleted it by accident. The first reply was a counter question whether I had checked my spam... NO, I did not  ::). Then they promised to send it. The mail I then got had nothing in it apart from their standard letter of apology. So I tried to approach them once again. Their response was a "we look into it" sort of thing. This was last week. Nothing since then.
Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015, 23:59 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)

Went to my record store in Amsterdam today (concerto) to pick up my BITE cd's and look what a nice gift I got from them :) A nice promo bag! I'm happy!

I love recordshops like Concerto and Plato but these are seirously overpriced. The are € 6,- and € 7,- more expensive than the Chemical brothers store!

I know! But I just love  vinyl, and they have it... a lot! Also my girlfriend bought a nice m83 album :)

Wait, there's a triple vinyl out there ? Does it include bonus tracks ?

^Yep. It has Let Us Build A City on the F side after Wide Open. Also the "bridge" between EML Ritual and I'll See You There is broken so the outros / intros are a very tiny bit different.
Never for money, always for love.