When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

Concerts you've been to

Started by Ben_j, Jul 18, 2015, 00:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Mob1 on Jul 23, 2015, 15:09

Wow PE in the stone age that must have been amazing. BTW, what where you like 12?

Hahha, you are so kind. ;) But I was definitely older than that. You're off 8 years!

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jul 23, 2015, 15:34

I think what is missing in this discussion is my extreme jealousy of your seeing the Zoo TV tour.

That was the pinnacle of U2's greatness for me. I saw them 5 times (at least I think it was 5, it may have been 4, I'd have to dig out my ticket stubs) on the Zoo TV tour. I had seen them on the Unforgettable Fire tour and twice on the Joshua Tree tour, but they were a different beast entirely during the Achtung Baby days. It was the start of the 90's, an exciting time in general and an exciting time to be a young adult!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Achtung Baby was a game changer

Quote from: Born In Planet Dust on Jul 24, 2015, 15:46

Achtung Baby was a game changer

Agree with you there, sir!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Just came back from Danny Elfman's Music from the films of Tim Burton, at the Grand Rex, a wonderful venue. Oh my god, it was amazing ! I shed many tears, during the themes from Batman, Catwoman, and Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands... But the obvious highlight was Danny Elfman performing the songs from the Nightmare Before Christmas. And the theme from Alice in Wonderland perfectly concluded the show. It was just an ok movie but the main theme is one of Elfman's best

Not so impressive, but...

23.06.2012 - Röyksopp @ Drama Theatre, Yekaterinburg
01.06.2013 - Two Door Cinema Club @ Tele-Club, Yekaterinburg
01.09.2013 - Lenka @ Tele-Club, Yekaterinburg
16.11.2013 - Karl Bartos (ex-Kraftwerk) @ Club PiPL, Moscow
01.03.2014 - Morcheeba @ GlavClub, Moscow
07.06.2014 - Palma Violets/Peace/Bombay Bicycle Club/Elbow @ Ahmad Tea Festival, Moscow
28.06.2014 - Ceephax Acid Crew @ Parkotronika Festival, Moscow
04.09.2014 - Plaid @ 16 tons, Moscow
03.11.2014 - Red Snapper @ Club Theatre, Moscow
28.11.2014 - The Klaxons @ Izvestia Hall, Moscow
12.06.2015 - Three Days Grace/Noel Gallagher/The Chemical Brothers @ Orange Warsaw Festival, Warsaw
29.08.2015 - Morcheeba @ Lenovo Vibe Festival, Moscow
Last Edit: Oct 11, 2015, 19:11 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

I call any super phase effects on vocals Zoo Station vocals, because of that album
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Ben_j on Oct 11, 2015, 00:08

Just came back from Danny Elfman's Music from the films of Tim Burton, at the Grand Rex, a wonderful venue. Oh my god, it was amazing ! I shed many tears, during the themes from Batman, Catwoman, and Ice Dance from Edward Scissorhands... But the obvious highlight was Danny Elfman performing the songs from the Nightmare Before Christmas. And the theme from Alice in Wonderland perfectly concluded the show. It was just an ok movie but the main theme is one of Elfman's best

this sounds like something I would enjoy tremendously. Did  they play the Simpsons theme?

Edit: Duh, it's music from Tim Burton Films, so no.
Last Edit: Oct 12, 2015, 14:44 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Oct 12, 2015, 14:37

this sounds like something I would enjoy tremendously. Did  they play the Simpsons theme?

Edit: Duh, it's music from Tim Burton Films, so no.

Exactly :D They did play music from every Tim Burton film scored by Elfman.

I saw Autechre earlier in this month at the Brooklyn Masonic Temple.
They performed with no lights whatsoever in the dark, pretty crazy set.

This year has been a very Warp Records year for me with live shows...
I got see Squarepusher live with Machinedrum... Then I saw Clark live with Nosaj Thing and Rival Consoles

Hot Chip at London's Brixton Academy a couple of Fridays ago.  Quite enjoyable.
The Chemical Brothers at London's Roundhouse back in September.  Really good. Did anyone see this gig online?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

This year :

19th April : The Prodigy, Lille,  Zénith
8th May : Excruciate 666 + Sepulchral Voices, Lille, le Midland
26th May : AC/DC, Saint-Denis, Stade de France
10th June : The Chemical Brothers, Belval, Rockhal
14th June : Testament, Lille, l'Aéronef
3rd July : Obszön Geschöpf, Lille, El diablo
7th July : Fear Factory, Lille, le Splendid
29th July : Toxic Holocaust, Lille, la Péniche
21st August : The Chemical Brothers, Charleville-Mézières, Cabaret Vert festival
7th November : Kraftwerk, Lille, Nouveau Siècle
11th November : The Prodigy, Brussels, Paleis 12
17th November : Slayer + Anthrax, Brussels, Ancienne Belgique
Last Edit: Nov 27, 2015, 11:57 by The Bloke

DJ Krush - 06.11.2015 @ Yotaspace, Moscow

Brandon Flowers - 12.11.2015 @ Stadium Live, Moscow

Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Oct 11, 2015, 19:00

12.06.2015 - Three Days Grace/Noel Gallagher/The Chemical Brothers @ Orange Warsaw Festival, Warsaw

I missed the Warsaw gig. Wasn't there too much rain?
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: The Bloke on Nov 12, 2015, 22:23

7th July : Fear Factory, Lille, le Splendid
Was it any good? I mean, they only have two and a half good albums (demanufacture (1), obsolete (2), digimortal (half)) and these are more than a decade old
no idea, no idea

Quote from: kosek on Nov 13, 2015, 10:28

I missed the Warsaw gig. Wasn't there too much rain?

Yeah, it was really rainy. There was thunder and lightning. But this did not prevent the show!

Me before The Chems in rain protection suit:

Noel Gallagher at Stage:

Some photos from Chems show:

Last Edit: Nov 13, 2015, 13:57 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: ThePumisher on Nov 13, 2015, 11:23

Was it any good? I mean, they only have two and a half good albums (demanufacture (1), obsolete (2), digimortal (half)) and these are more than a decade old

Yep it was great, good atmosphere. They played mostly songs from these albums anyway.

Quote from: The Bloke on Nov 12, 2015, 22:23

Coming :
17th November : Slayer + Anthrax, Brussels, Ancienne Belgique (if I manage to get a ticket)

I saw both at Riot Fest. They were incredible. Great showmanship.

Went to a Matthew Dear DJ gig last night. It was a pretty small crowd and he definitely acknowledged you if you were really enjoying the music. He played some song that went, "take it again. do it again" and I was like, "DO IT AGAIN!" as if it were Do It Again. He smirked at that as he did an insane Do It Again remix as Audion. He spun for 2 or 3 hours and just kept a powerful, steady beat the whole time. He is very technical as well, so there were only 1 or 2 audible mistakes. Now he needs to release a new album and do a live tour.

Amon Tobin, Le Bataclan, 2008
Digitalism, Le Bataclan, 2008
CSS, Yuksek, Le Bataclan, 2008
Simian Mobile Disco, Le Bataclan, 2009
Amon Tobin, Le Bataclan, 2011

And probably a few other shows that I have forgotten about :(
Last Edit: Nov 16, 2015, 14:24 by Ben_j

New Order at Brixton Academy on Monday night (+ decent support from The Horrors).

They came on stage to a projection of the French flag and dedicated their Joy Division encore to the victims of the attacks.
Gotta admit I was a little jumpy for the first few minutes of the gig but then the music  pushed aside all negative thoughts.
A five star review from The Guardian. I probably would have given it a four star review myself.
Looks like Eddy Chemical, ahem, by going to the second night yesterday.
Pix HERE.
IT'S MORNING TIME!