Further

Concerts you've been to

Started by Ben_j, Jul 18, 2015, 00:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: kosek on Jul 09, 2017, 15:09

Seen yesterday. That was the only good moment of the show (ok maybe Oxygene 2 too (two too two too)). I'll write more later.
Btw that part at 0:51 from this video. Chemical Robots from 2007/2008 tour anyone?

Really, you didn't like it? I thought the show was pretty ace.

I suppose if you have a low tolerance for his newer Electronica trancey stuff, it might turn you off.

I saw LCD at Forecastle in Louisville last night.  WOW.  SO MANY patches and wires.

This was followed by a 3 hour set by Derek Plaslaiko. 

I danced.

I hurt.

I managed to track down a ticket on Craigslist to the sold out 'Mike Doughty performs Irresistible Bliss' show last night. What a treat.

I love that album. It was great to hear it in a completely different context. Just Mike on his guitar and a super funny dude on cello adding a little mystery and mood to the songs.
With the first couple of tracks I was a little taken a back - I guess I was expecting a more upbeat rendition of the songs but I settled into the more melancholic performance and then was hit with this beauty...

Really just a great way to experience one of my favourite albums. Mike was just as charming and Mike-y as I was hoping too.
Good times.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

^ One of my favorite songwriters.

Holy shit. Lazybones is one of my favorite Soul Coughing songs.

I've actually been listening to El Oso/Irresistable bliss lately. There's a lot of gritty, angry tracks in there that help me to feel a little bit better about life.

Was on Depeche Mode gig yesterday, awesome show!

Last Edit: Feb 26, 2018, 14:27 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Oh, I envy you!

I saw them only once, couple of years ago, it was amazing!
I still can't believe how powerful and rock they sound live!
And when they started playing Personal Jesus, uh... goosebumps
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

CORNELIUS!!!

I was a little undecided about going, for reasons I'm not really clear on anymore. It was a bloody treat though. Every track was phenomenal. Stunning visuals. Excellent performance. And to top it all off, I only had to walk 5 minutes back to my apartment! (that's a revelation to me - I would normally be home upwards of an hour and a half after a show finished in England)

This is a clip of them playing Drop from a show in New York earlier in the year, just to give you an idea of how tasty they sounded.

And the intro, behind a big screen.

I highly recommend seeking them out while they finish out their tour, if you're able to.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

That intro is the coolest.
Never for money, always for love.

Got to see the eagles about a week ago

magnificent
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was on The Prodigy gig last weekend.
Hi Kevin!

I went to Buenos Aires to Lollapalooza, day 3, but it was cancelled by a massive storm. Luckily I stayed a few more days in the city and went to David Byrne's show on monday and tuesday to the LCD Soundsystem... Just fucking brilliant.

Quote from: nekoland on Mar 25, 2018, 02:58

I went to Buenos Aires to Lollapalooza, day 3, but it was cancelled by a massive storm. Luckily I stayed a few more days in the city and went to David Byrne's show on monday and tuesday to the LCD Soundsystem... Just fucking brilliant.

considering Lollapalooza's past experience with storms, I really dont know why the called rescheduling.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

I'm just back from Ed Banger's 15 anniversary orchestral concert. And boy did they deliver. You can watch it all here : (although I'm not sure this is available outside of France)

The obvious highlight of the show was the lenghty Justice part at the end, especially Stress. My other personnal favourite was I <3 U So by Cassius, which is perfect for this kind of reinterpretation

The obvious highlight of the show was the lenghty Justice part at the end, especially Stress. My other personnal favourite was I <3 U So by Cassius, which is perfect for this kind of reinterpretation

I was watching most of it live this morning on Facebook which was good. I think I liked the Sebastian ones more than the Justice ones surprisingly although I was excited to hear the strings of Stress 'live' so to speak. The Mehdi tribute was nice too.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

Seeing They Might Be Giants do "Flood" tomorrow night!

I will be buying a ticket for this (less than an hour drive)...

Wow, if you have some expendable cash, go see David Byrne on his current tour.

Probably the most quirky choreographed show I've been a part of. A lovely geeky dance party!

LEGEND!

Quote from: Bosco on Jun 05, 2018, 03:49

Wow, if you have some expendable cash, go see David Byrne on his current tour.

Probably the most quirky choreographed show I've been a part of. A lovely geeky dance party!

LEGEND!

Soon, in a few weeks!  :)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jun 05, 2018, 10:10

Soon, in a few weeks!  :)

Likewise - next Friday night. From the clips online looks an awesome show, as ever with DB.

Saw TheThe last night at the Albert Hall - 29 years after first seeing them. Fantastic show, really tight band, setlist from across his career, great atmosphere, emotional as he dedicated it to his dad who passed away at the weekend.  They're playing a few dates around UK/Ireland and N America over the next few months - if you get a chance, try to see them.

And LCD Soundsystem the week before in Glasgow - great as always.  How Do You Sleep is just superb live.

And to top off a great gig month - Flight of the Conchords the week after next...