It's the Lifestyle We're Living

High Quality Digital .wav's

Started by Redout_Chemical, Jul 20, 2015, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic
A while back when they announced that the track listing was wrong on the 3xlp i got this email shortly after, im curious if anyone got this, as i have yet to receive anything.

Store Support <StoreSupport@umusic.com>
Jun 2

to me
Dear Jason,

Further to our communication regarding the incorrect track listing that had been displayed on The Chemical Brothers store for the 3 x LP for 'Born In The Echoes', we would like to sincerely apologise once again for the error.
As a measure of compensation and good will, we will be sending you high quality WAV digital downloads of the bonus tracks on album release day, 17th July 2015.
You will receive a zip file to download and enjoy the bonus tracks. The tracks you will receive are listed below:

Wo Ha (Bonus Track)
Go (Extended Mix) [Bonus Track]
Reflexion (Extended Mix) [Bonus Track]
We would like to take this opportunity to apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
Sophie Worswick
Customer Services Support

Yes, I suppose everyone has got the same mail. Yet nothing has been put into action in that regard so far.
Last Edit: Jul 20, 2015, 20:40 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Yeah, I got that email too! Looking forward to the wav's :)

On one hand, that's a really cool gesture.

On the other hand, the album is out. I wonder if your email is lost in the spam folder with the unmixed Further tracks.

Hope you guys get the files. If not, you don't have to look far for help.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I got that mail as well. The files have been send last monday. They were dropped in my SPAMbox so check your email well.

Would they resend it if it did end up in Spam and then out of habit was instantly deleted d'you think?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jul 23, 2015, 09:28

Would they resend it if it did end up in Spam and then out of habit was instantly deleted d'you think?
Well, I guess they would have to because they promised so. I for one did not have anything in my spam folder.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

If you haven't gotten the files, you should really reach out to Customer Services to see if your case may have fallen through the cracks (fingers crossed that is what the deal is) or if there was an internal change of plan that is preventing Customer Services from following through.

Edited - Or maybe they are pushing back releasing the files until the 24th...?
Last Edit: Jul 23, 2015, 13:24 by whirlygirl
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Are the files coming through as a download link or actual files? Four wav file attachments might be a significant size, and although some email clients like gmail will allow big attachments, some may not. Same thing for service providers.

Someone that received the files should post the total size of the email, and those that didn't receive them can find out what their max allotments are. Or, like Whirly said, hold tight until tomorrow.

Hopefully it's good news for you all.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I emailed them at Customer Support asking about the wav files, and just received an email with a link to them.  Most impressive that they replied with a link.  :music