When You Start Hating, You're Out of Control

whats this song thread

Started by Conn6orsuper117, Aug 23, 2019, 20:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Feel we all need a thread like this (Unless someone else made a thread like this before)

I've been trying to figure out a few tracks from Black Madonna's Performance back in SF, I know 3 of them off the top of my head but this one's been stuck in my head for a while. Tried shazaming it right from my headphones but no luck.

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Soundbwoy Killah - Burning

The vocal is sampled from Loleatta Holloway's Love Sensation - the track that was used for Black Box's Ride on Time in '89 (or Marky Mark's Good Vibrations in '91 for the more commercal minded).
This particular line has also been sampled before in records like:

Cevin Fisher - You Got Me (Burnin' Up)

KCB - Burnin up

and a gazillion more tracks that you'll find on WhoSampled.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

was listeneing to the tribal gathering recoring discovered 4 weeks ago and was wondering what the song at the end is

"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Hot Acid Rhythm #2 (1995 Version)
no idea, no idea