Life Is Sweet

It's ok to like it

Started by Csar, Jul 21, 2015, 19:52

Previous topic - Next topic
I do. Except for "Just Bang" and some minor nitpicks.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I like it.

And I like Just Bang. And that's okay, too.

Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I love pretty much all of it. I'm not sure about Taste Of Honey, but that's about it. I'm skipping Go and Sometimes I Feel... just because i exhausted those as soon as they were released pre-LP.

I like all of it. But I'm really not keen on the original track order,  so I've rejiggled.

Quote from: TeeDubyaE1 on Jul 21, 2015, 20:33

I love pretty much all of it. I'm not sure about Taste Of Honey, but that's about it. I'm skipping Go and Sometimes I Feel... just because i exhausted those as soon as they were released pre-LP.
Same
Never for money, always for love.

its got more high than lows but some of those lows are some of their lowest.

but i like the idea behind it, after reading a lot of interviews/articles.

And this is probably the most i have been involved  on here in the release of one of their albums and i have enjoyed all that. loved the build up.

Taste of Honey is a great example of why they're some much more than mere electronic dance music producers and why my appreciation for their sound has grown so much over the years. It's like Harpoons, unusual, exploring sound within sound with a kind of movie soundtrack feel to it. The outro is a bit weird but damn, that bell chime sound is just fascinating. It's also very Beatle-esque. Lennon would have had fun singing on it.

Quote from: Mumbo on Jul 21, 2015, 21:12

I like all of it. But I'm really not keen on the original track order,  so I've rejiggled.
Yeah, me too in some places.
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 21:59 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I'm liking it more, despite my post about not liking it.  I actually like the idea of "Just Bang", but it doesn't seem fully realized.  I keep waiting for it to drop.

I actually like the two bonus trackins, Let us Build a City, and Wo Ha, a lot.

Quote from: Mumbo on Jul 21, 2015, 21:12

Same here. I have listened to the album on random for the last 2 days, but when i listen to it regularly, Tracks 4,5, and 6 could have spread out more throughout the album. I mean I'm always going to those tracks first.

Been skipping TOH! it's not a terrible track, it's just out of sync from the rest of the album. Maybe TOH should've been a bonus track after all!

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.