Forum > The Social

Now Gaming

(1/51) > >>

Nekcore:
Well, like sandelic requested and myself who likes this type of entertainment, I'm gonna start this fun topic.

Recently I've been hooked with Homeworld Remastered, an excellent classic sci fi strategy game. I Remember, that my brother bought Homeworld 2 on Christmas of 2003, and it was fucking mindblowing the first second of starting the game, that day we didn't get to sleep at all, staring at the screen without moving just to think our next move and start a beautiful intergalactic war, fun days indeed.

Now let's move on to the witcher 3, sandelic, let's discuss one of my favorite franchise of all time (even the books  ;D)

sandelic:
Homeworld was fun game indeed, I didn't know they remastered it! Got to take a look at it, one of these days

Haha, now I don't know how to start my promised rave about Witcher and how great it is, if you like this kind of entertainment.
I've been playing it for almost two months now, and every second of the way it was a great journey, sprinkled with romance, monsters, hunts, epic battles and humorous situations. It is a nice way to end this trilogy, and hopeful beginning of another story, placed in Witcher universe.
It bears to say that Wither is originally conceived by  polish sci fi author  Andrzej Sapkowski, back in 1986, and now it's been massively popularized by  The Witcher games, made by polish game developer CD Project RED (trivia:  Witcher games where Poland no.1 export product, one that polish president even gave Obama during his visit). 
It's also worth mentioning that CD Project RED is owner of GOG.com and they are first to sell game exclusively without DRM protection, something every gamer can appreciate.
Now, what to say about game that treats it's side quests like a main one? That is ridiculous at times with it's attention to details? It's atmosphere?
For my part, I could sing praises at how well every part of it is executed, from many choices you get throughout the game, AAA voice acting (Charles Dance, among others), movie-like direction and camera, soundtrack that functions really well even outside the universe it was made for, leaning on Slavic heritage (they even took one of the old Croatian folk songs and used it brilliantly!)
Places and visuals of the world really works - houses feel like they been lived in, cities are busy and noisy, nps' comment more on you and things around them then I'm used to, and was often stopped dead in my tracks to hear some comment.
Sound, oh, sound is magnificent - surround feels natural, background noises are nicely done, every nps has it's own voice actor, so people do feel different, as opposed to skyim, where one guy gives voice to several hundred virtual people.
Monster diversity is top-notch, over 50 different enemies, each with it's own routine, tactics, weaknesses and strengths.
Animations are great, scenes are incredible at times... what else to say?
Ah, yes, books are great also. I was aware of them from first Witcher, back in 2007. but decided to read them after Witcher 3, so not to spoil anything.
Mistake. I denied myself more immersive experience of games, especially with things like Last Wish, that provide much more background and life to game characters. I'm at the last book, Lady of the Lake, and am trying to slow down, so not to devour it too fast.
I'll leave you with one of the more beautiful moments in the game, and am interested to hear what you think about it  :)

Witcher 3 - Wolven storm

Ben_j:
I've been enjoying the hell out of Batman Arkham Knight lately. Even with the little bugs and lack of optimisation on PC (luckily, I managed to run it really well on my rig), it's the epic conclusion to the Batman Arkham saga that I was hoping for.

Enjoyed:

--- Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 22, 2015, 10:41 ---I've been enjoying the hell out of Batman Arkham Knight lately. Even with the little bugs and lack of optimisation on PC (luckily, I managed to run it really well on my rig), it's the epic conclusion to the Batman Arkham saga that I was hoping for.

--- End quote ---
I bought the special Batman gunmetal grey PS4 especially for that game. But I haven't started it yet. I know it's going to occupy a good solid week of my time so I'm waiting until I'm back from my holiday.

V excited though.

whirlygirl:
Journey (the game not the band, haha) is now available on PS4.

If you feel like feeling feelings, I highly recommend setting aside a couple of hours to play from start to finish. It's gorgeous, has a beautiful soundtrack, and the feels, man. The feels.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version