Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Now Gaming

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
so, after buying an 4k-tv and an xbox one x just for playing red dead redemption 2 in uhd i managed to not play one second of it. shame is on me. but i've played shadow of the tomb raider and it looks brilliant and runs smooth as fuck - although story and maps are compared to tomb raider (2013) and rise of the tomb raider (2015) a bit boring.
no idea, no idea

• Swiper
Story is a bit illogical at moments, but sets are better than any previous TR games, for my money.
Earthquake and tsunami parts were amazing, on par with Uncharted quality.

People are doing something really amazing with older games with prerendered backgrounds with neural networks.
They are upscaling 90's FF games and results are truly amazing.
Can't wait for finished mods.

https://www.pcgamer.com/ai-neural-networks-are-giving-final-fantasy-7-a-makeover/
https://www.pcgamer.com/modders-are-using-ai-to-upscale-pre-rendered-ps1-backgrounds-with-phenomenal-results/

Edit:I just read some reviews on KH3 and there are no FF characters in there. So not gonna play it.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2019, 12:41 by sandelic »  
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• Freak Of The Week
  • trying
So I wouldn't post this if I didn't endorse the game and have already had countless hours of fun gameplay... 'Sea of Thieves' is having a week-long event where friends play free. They gave me some free access codes if you would like to try out the game. This is a cross-platform game with XBOX ONE and PC. I got 3 codes total that I can give out, so PM if you're interested. Codes are only good through the 13th of February.

Pumisher looking at you with the new One X

• Swiper
  • Insomnia...
was only grinding character missions on BO4, did not expect this:
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap freaks out because he hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
My first and only win on Fortnite was a 0 kill win. Apparently it's super hard to do now.
I just waited until a guy blew himself up with a rocket launcher. I'm not an fps guy. Unless you wanna get smashed at Goldeneye on the 64.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

• Asleep From Day
  • Ladies and Gentlemen, mind bending chemicals
I'm pondering wether or not to get it, but I haven't played the first 2. So should I ?

It's hard to recommend it if you haven't played the rest of them. The remix versions would help if you can get hold them easily/cheaply. Most of the game is very much Disney and almost child like humour, but there are hints of adult themes further into the game and at the end. The way the games all tie into each other can be labelled convoluted but if it hooks you, it is worth it. As sandelic said there seem to be no final fantasy characters in kh3 which is a bummer, but the graphics and boss visuals are great

• Swiper
Bosco! Don't miss this :)

https://www.pcgamer.com/thimbleweed-park-is-the-next-free-game-on-the-epic-game-store/

And Final Fantasy VIII is 20 years old today!
They could announce some remake or something, if only they still had the source code...
« Last Edit: Feb 12, 2019, 12:57 by sandelic »  
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

• Freak Of The Week
  • trying
To continue from the other thread...

What is it that makes you feel sick about people becoming popular as a result of their streaming personality, Bosco? I know there are a lot of pretty gross, mean, toxic people who unfortunately gain a following as a result of them streaming a popular game, but there's also a whole tonne of really talented, nice, entertaining streamers who provide hours of content for free (assuming you don't pay them anything, which I don't). I watch one of the guys on my favourite team, Cloud 9, stream almost every night. For multiple hours. He's fun. Super good at the game. And there's something about watching something in real time that feels super connecting for me. I don't know, maybe I'm just a boring loser. But I look forward to games every weekend, watch people stream throughout the week, and play the game when I have time at home. I think I said before, it's like being able to watch a match/game of your favourite sport, every hour. Basically non-stop if you really want.

"makes me sick" was probably a bit of a hyperbole. My feelings on the subject are probably the old-school in me speaking out. But to put it simply, it's hard for me to fathom people getting payed for playing video games. I've always viewed it as a hobby. So it now being categorized as a profession, is a bit questionable in my mind.

Additionally, I do have a problem with streamers not seeking consent with other players in multiplayer game formats before broadcasting to an audience. Despite how lame that sounds, this is a breach of privacy. Then you tie in the fact some streamers get payed for their stream but don't pay out to the other participants that are non-consented, and things get really grey.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!