No Geography

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Downloading the Doom Open Beta on Steam right now.
no idea, no idea

Interested to hear your thoughts when you've got stuck in...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

General:
It's just the multiplayer  :(  It's fast and stuff, but not the same fun Quake Arena was. But Doom for me is the Singleplayer, so i can't give a final opinion.

Technical:
Runs on both my PC and my XboxOne very smooth. On the Xbone it looks good, but playing it with a Gamepad doesn't make sense for me and is not so much enjoyable. On the PC i think they should work a bit on the graphics. Don't think they are final because it doesn't look like a 2016-Game, more like ID's Rage (2011 or 12). Also both maps you can play in Deathmatch-Mode aren't so much fun, they're too much crooked and complex.
no idea, no idea

The matchmaking screen is nice, I can tell you that much. I wish I could tell how the actual game is...

Anybody into the requirements for Doom ?

Minimum
•Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
•Nvidia GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (both with 2 GByte VRAM)
•8 GByte RAM

Recommended
•Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350
•Nvidia GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290 (both with 4 GByte VRAM)
•8 GByte RAM

Now the question: As CPU i have an older Intel core 2 quad q9450 - how does he compete to the ones from minimum requirements? The multiplayer beta runs well, but how about the single player?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 07, 2016, 13:19

Anybody into the requirements for Doom ?

Minimum
•Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320
•Nvidia GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 (both with 2 GByte VRAM)
•8 GByte RAM

Recommended
•Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350
•Nvidia GTX 970 or AMD Radeon R9 290 (both with 4 GByte VRAM)
•8 GByte RAM

Now the question: As CPU i have an older Intel core 2 quad q9450 - how does he compete to the ones from minimum requirements? The multiplayer beta runs well, but how about the single player?
CPU will rarely be the bottleneck on recent games. I mean if you have a fast one, even if it's a few years old, it will be fine as long as you have a fine GPU

Quote from: Ben_j on May 07, 2016, 16:18

CPU will rarely be the bottleneck on recent games. I mean if you have a fast one, even if it's a few years old, it will be fine as long as you have a fine GPU
Have the Radeon 7870. So basically I'm full minimum.
no idea, no idea

I could finally try the Forza 6 Apex "beta" on my PC.

- Dynamic video settings (adapting in real time to the performance of your computer), good !
- Horrible optimization (the game runs at 30fps and looks significantly uglier than on Xbox One. And I have a GTX 980) : not good :(
- Releasing a free to play version AND a "beta" of the free to play version because they're probably aware of that awful optimization: ... smart ?

Anyways, I'm happy to finally see a Forza game on PC, and I'm pretty sure they'll figure out how to get it running like a charm eventually (and I'll probably have a GTX 1080 by then anyway)

Quote from: ThePumisher on May 11, 2016, 20:12

I've had it for a year so it's ok :D I'll get a 1080 in a few months.

Back on Forza 6, Microsoft pushed a big update that increases the performance for Windows Store games, and it does indeed ! The game now runs wonderfully at 60fps with all parameters in ultra except for MSAA (4x instead of 6x)

Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 00:35 by Ben_j

Ok, now that i've got Doom i have to say that it is really really good. Doom3 had a much darker atmosphere which i liked a bit more, but it's fun to play. Also, had graphics on ultra (except shadows, this i can only set up to high because it says i don't have enough gpu-memory (have 2gb, needs 5gb)) and it runs smooth in 1920x1200 (v-sync on).
But now i'll have to leave an watch football (last bundeliga-day today, except for relegation) - COME ON FC (köln)
no idea, no idea

I just stumbled upon Kosek in a ranked game of Rocket League :D He got rekt. 9 - 0

Pics or didn't happen! 8) :music

Who did I have there? a rookie and a semi-pro? :)
Playing solo against a party is always harder as they know how to rotate. I wish Solo Standard had more in playlist.
I'm just a Prospect II but this is really an ELO HELL. How many times do I see even a PRO leave the goal at kickoff. How can you do that?

Also I'm playing keyboard and mouse :) :) :) No worries I'll get you next time
Btw your Party is making the mistake of going 2 for the ball at kickoff. You should not do that.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Should I buy Fallout 4?

I mean, I know I should, but I want someone to really, really sell it to me.

I generally just play the Batman Arkham games to death...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I'm enjoying immensely new expansion for Wither 3 atm, guys from CDProject deliver again!
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

wow, I just realized that I've slept for little over 8 hours in last two, three days... well ,fuck sleep, I'm not done with Witcher yet :D And weekend is starting today, gods, it's great! I might even catch some sleep.
I know you guys could not give a flying f@ck about witcher, but I'm happy as clam! And I'm gone!  ;D

I finally got a GTX 1080 ! And what am I playing with it ? DiRT 2, a 7 years old game ;D This game is awesome, DiRT 3 is nowhere as good and fun as 2 was.

I also tested more recent games, they mostly all run at full settings in 1080p at 70 - 80 fps. Some run in 4k at 60fps, and it's really nice.

don't worry, I have friends who play dota on 980  ;D

INSIDE. This is fucking good. Incredibly beautiful, fantastic sound design, and building on the gameplay that made Limbo so good.