Love Is All

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, like sandelic requested and myself who likes this type of entertainment, I'm gonna start this fun topic.

Recently I've been hooked with Homeworld Remastered, an excellent classic sci fi strategy game. I Remember, that my brother bought Homeworld 2 on Christmas of 2003, and it was fucking mindblowing the first second of starting the game, that day we didn't get to sleep at all, staring at the screen without moving just to think our next move and start a beautiful intergalactic war, fun days indeed.

Now let's move on to the witcher 3, sandelic, let's discuss one of my favorite franchise of all time (even the books  ;D)
Last Edit: Jul 21, 2015, 22:37 by Nekcore

Homeworld was fun game indeed, I didn't know they remastered it! Got to take a look at it, one of these days

Haha, now I don't know how to start my promised rave about Witcher and how great it is, if you like this kind of entertainment.
I've been playing it for almost two months now, and every second of the way it was a great journey, sprinkled with romance, monsters, hunts, epic battles and humorous situations. It is a nice way to end this trilogy, and hopeful beginning of another story, placed in Witcher universe.
It bears to say that Wither is originally conceived by  polish sci fi author  Andrzej Sapkowski, back in 1986, and now it's been massively popularized by  The Witcher games, made by polish game developer CD Project RED (trivia:  Witcher games where Poland no.1 export product, one that polish president even gave Obama during his visit). 
It's also worth mentioning that CD Project RED is owner of GOG.com and they are first to sell game exclusively without DRM protection, something every gamer can appreciate.
Now, what to say about game that treats it's side quests like a main one? That is ridiculous at times with it's attention to details? It's atmosphere?
For my part, I could sing praises at how well every part of it is executed, from many choices you get throughout the game, AAA voice acting (Charles Dance, among others), movie-like direction and camera, soundtrack that functions really well even outside the universe it was made for, leaning on Slavic heritage (they even took one of the old Croatian folk songs and used it brilliantly!)
Places and visuals of the world really works - houses feel like they been lived in, cities are busy and noisy, nps' comment more on you and things around them then I'm used to, and was often stopped dead in my tracks to hear some comment.
Sound, oh, sound is magnificent - surround feels natural, background noises are nicely done, every nps has it's own voice actor, so people do feel different, as opposed to skyim, where one guy gives voice to several hundred virtual people.
Monster diversity is top-notch, over 50 different enemies, each with it's own routine, tactics, weaknesses and strengths.
Animations are great, scenes are incredible at times... what else to say?
Ah, yes, books are great also. I was aware of them from first Witcher, back in 2007. but decided to read them after Witcher 3, so not to spoil anything.
Mistake. I denied myself more immersive experience of games, especially with things like Last Wish, that provide much more background and life to game characters. I'm at the last book, Lady of the Lake, and am trying to slow down, so not to devour it too fast.
I'll leave you with one of the more beautiful moments in the game, and am interested to hear what you think about it  :)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I've been enjoying the hell out of Batman Arkham Knight lately. Even with the little bugs and lack of optimisation on PC (luckily, I managed to run it really well on my rig), it's the epic conclusion to the Batman Arkham saga that I was hoping for.

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 22, 2015, 10:41

I've been enjoying the hell out of Batman Arkham Knight lately. Even with the little bugs and lack of optimisation on PC (luckily, I managed to run it really well on my rig), it's the epic conclusion to the Batman Arkham saga that I was hoping for.
I bought the special Batman gunmetal grey PS4 especially for that game. But I haven't started it yet. I know it's going to occupy a good solid week of my time so I'm waiting until I'm back from my holiday.

V excited though.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Journey (the game not the band, haha) is now available on PS4.

If you feel like feeling feelings, I highly recommend setting aside a couple of hours to play from start to finish. It's gorgeous, has a beautiful soundtrack, and the feels, man. The feels.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I actually bought Journey for PS3 few years ago based on your recommendation, Whirly, and I never got around to say thanks  :)
Game is stunningly beautiful, it does bring up combination of feelings, with great visual art and smartly used music, that is simply gorgeous, and it does that without one word being spoken!
I play it from time to time, and I am still enjoying it as the first time, if not more.
Try it, folks, you won't regret it  ;)
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jul 22, 2015, 09:51

I'll leave you with one of the more beautiful moments in the game, and am interested to hear what you think about it  :)

First of all. This game is a truly masterpiece, this is interactive art in its perfection. Excellence abounds at every turn: excellent exploration, excellent creature design, excellent combat mechanics (IMO), excellent character progression. It captures the essence of a dark and gritty fantasy landscape surrounded by stellar details. Everything on this game gave me a huge envolving experience, which sucks me into the very world of the The Witcher, feeling that the story wonderfully reveals the consequences of your actions, and  balances the politics and personal conflict with great momentum. Is like reading the book all over again, you know the story is already established but somehow it immerses you and makes you think if the actions of Geralt was truly necessary to carry the consequences of it. There's so much to do.

And man, the graphics are beautiful, the sound desing superb, voice acting top notch. When I played the first witcher, never knew CD Projekt Red will surpass it, even to a cinematic level, Bravo for them.

And about The Wolven Song. That moment gave me goosebumps, great scene, the song is well executed, giving you the sense that you're experiencing a gorgeus moment.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Jul 22, 2015, 14:51

Journey (the game not the band, haha) is now available on PS4.

If you feel like feeling feelings, I highly recommend setting aside a couple of hours to play from start to finish. It's gorgeous, has a beautiful soundtrack, and the feels, man. The feels.

The final part of the game, I cried like a baby lol. Awesome game

Quote from: Ben_j on Jul 22, 2015, 10:41

I was ready to get it, but then the catastrophe happened. I hope they release it very well optimized.
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015, 19:23 by Nekcore

So I've been waiting for SOMA to release in approx one month, and caught a video in their youtube account where the composer, Mikko, shows his various equipment and gives a behinds the scenes look on how he made the music.

Its a SCI-FI/Horror game, set in the depths of the atlantic Ocean :o
can't wait!

He only said 'synthesizer' three times...
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

he said syntetizer tree times
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a tough equation : MGS V released in one week, Mad Max released in one week,  no money.  :(

EDIT : oh by the way there's already a topic on video games

Playing Deus Ex Invisible War right now. It's okay. Gonna replay Human Evolution after this.

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 26, 2015, 10:20
EDIT : oh by the way there's already a topic on video games
dammit, and i triple checked the forum for a game topic . how many cats does a double topic kill?:(

I'm waiting on fallout 4 aswell.
Last Edit: Aug 26, 2015, 17:19 by KNE

I finally gave in and bought MGS V. Just finished the prologue and... Wow, just wow. It's the single best introduction to a video game I've ever seen. The Fox Engine is doing wonders. It's incredibly beautiful and detailed, so well directed, and already bringing a ton of questions on the scenario. Kojima can put his name as much as he wants in the credits, I don't care if the result is that stunning.

In other news, I also tried the new NVidia "Share" feature (in beta), which is basically another overlay on games which makes capturing and streaming video games much easier with Shadowplay. But the killer feature is that you can share the game with someone... As in, giving the person a link, and with just Google Chrome,  they will see the game in real time, and will be able to take control of the game ! As well as talking with the mic and webcam. I spent an hour with a friend having fun on Team Fortress 2, we could both control the game and it was really fun. I can imagine a lot of applications like showing a game to a friend, but instead of just showing it, he can actually try it, or asking a friend for help on a difficult level, or playing a local multiplayer game with split screen with someone else...

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 16, 2015, 01:36
lso tried the new NVidia "Share" feature (in beta)
whats your rig specs?

Quote from: KNE on Sep 16, 2015, 19:05

whats your rig specs?
Intel Core i7-5820k @ 3.3Ghz
MSI NVidia GTX 980  4GB
16GB DDR4
SSDs in Raid 0

Shadowplay and all of the linked features will work on cards GTX 6xx and up if I'm not mistaken. Or is it 7xx ? Anyway, all new nVidia cards have it, and I know AMD has an equivalent technology of hardware video encoding for recording and streaming.
Last Edit: Sep 17, 2015, 00:25 by Ben_j

Really looking forward to this. Far Cry 3 and 4 were highlights of the last few years. A Far Cry game set at the prehistory should be excellent

Who here is playing the Star Wars BattleFront beta ? (Add me on Origin : benjisbrk)

I quickly tried the game earlier. Only tried the first mode (a kind of king of the hill), which was not the most exciting. For now it's a pretty basic shooter game BUT :
- It's frickin' Star Wars !
- The work they did on textures is incredible. Best looking rocks I've ever seen
- IT'S STAR WARS !

I'm looking forward to try the battle on Hoth, with X-Wing and Tie Fighters

I'm a huge fan of the Silent Hill games, and the PT (playable teaser) for the upcoming, but sadly cancelled, Silent Hills game for the ps4.
That demo scared the shit out of me!!  :o  I just found out that some fans of the PT demo on the ps4 joined together to make  a new game with the survival horror feel of PT. I just backed them on Kickstarter. Can't wait to play this game when it's finished (december 2016).

Check the trailer / gameplay here:
Last Edit: Oct 09, 2015, 11:07 by toxic