Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

Now Gaming

Started by Nekcore, Jul 21, 2015, 22:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 14, 2016, 12:35

Team Fortress 2, now and forever
I know I have some forum members on Steam but I don't think I have you. What's your ID ?

androidgeoff,
the name might be TOO MANY GLASSES or something. I am in a gimmick mood, right now.

I have been playing since December of 2007. I will never stop.
Really good at everything except for Scout/Sniper/Spy
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 15, 2016, 15:11

androidgeoff,
the name might be TOO MANY GLASSES or something. I am in a gimmick mood, right now.

I have been playing since December of 2007. I will never stop.
Really good at everything except for Scout/Sniper/Spy
Wow, 4000 hours, you do play it a lot ^^. I just have a mere 850 hours or so. I am not playing as much as I used to, but I'm too am pretty good at everything except Spy/Scout/Sniper. Especially Spy. I always feel like I'm the worst Spy ever whenever I try to play Spy

Biggest things that made me way better at spy:

Never hug a corner. Always be in the middle of a path and treat the game like audiosurf ninja.
Use the revolver more often than you think necessary (i.e. going for a knife kill on an unaware, but moving sniper who is at 50 hp. just shoot him and cloak -> redisguise -> go again).
Wait for 2 more people to pass after you see a target.
Every time you disguise, use a different class.
Sapping and shooting the sentry is really effective and unexpected. Generally, one dies during/after choosing to do this, but the trade of resources is very much in your favor.

The crazy thing is the gun mettle update made spy way easier for people who play him like I do. I always like using characters in a versatile, utilitarian way. With the resistance changes, to the speed boost options, the spy traded the old dead ringer and gained a new, universal cloaking mechanic. Even so, the dead ringer is still rather legitimate as a watch. One just needs to adapt.

Basically, as cloak is such an important aspect of the Spy, it really benefited from the Gun mettle update.
Last Edit: Jan 15, 2016, 22:46 by androidgeoff

Yeah but they made good spies even more OP with this update :D The friend I play with the most often is an incredibly good spy and I dread him even more now. Although I grew to anticipate his moves and to be extra careful, and I almost always spot him when he's disguised.
And the latest update made the phlog completely OP too... I mean I never heard anyone say "you know which weapon is underpowered and should be buffed ? The Phlog !"

I was fairly surprised by the Phlog changes. I think they either need to take away the Uber or the health regen. The knockback resistance is needed. Too many people would cancel the taunt and allow the Phlog to attack sooner!

Hey I sent you an invitation on Steam by the way !

Just started Rise of the Tomb Raider and as you can see, I'm not very good at it  :-[

Apart from this series of fail, I love the game. It looks gorgeous, almost as beautiful as MGSV (ok environement, incredibly beautiful characters and details in cutscenes and interiors), and is really nice to play. I think it'll be as good as the first one. Probably even better.

Can hardly wait... was that on xbox? can't view video at work
btw, what's your steam Id, Ben?
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

Quote from: sandelic on Jan 29, 2016, 11:27

Can hardly wait... was that on xbox? can't view video at work
btw, what's your steam Id, Ben?
No it was just released on Steam. Looks even better than on Xbox One
I'll send you my Steam ID in private message

Got it, thanks!
Damn it, Square will get my money.... again...  ;D
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I see a difference between xbox one and pc (mostly in hair, shadows & antialiasing), but i have to say the xbox version looks not that bad.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 29, 2016, 19:02

I see a difference between xbox one and pc (mostly in hair, shadows & antialiasing), but i have to say the xbox version looks not that bad.
That's why I said "even" better :D I think the Xbox One version is in 30fps (and probably 900 or 720p). The PC version has all of the NVidia specific features, and runs smoothly at 60fps 1080p (on my rig anyway)

this post was sponsored by Nvidia

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 29, 2016, 21:06

30fps
Yes, but no framedrops

Quote from: Ben_j on Jan 29, 2016, 21:06

and probably 900 or 720p
Nope, 1080p
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 29, 2016, 21:17

Yes, but no framedrops
Nope, 1080p
I have no framedrops at 60fps either :p

Is anyone playing Rainbow Six Siege on the ps4?

What about The Division Beta?

Quote from: KNE on Jan 31, 2016, 15:12

What about The Division Beta?
I had a key, but didn't notice that it was limited and I had to use it quick. So I'm not on it :/

You'll appreciate the music

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 14, 2016, 10:52

After finishing Tomb Raider i think I might try Ori And The Blind Forest, what I've seen so far really impresses me and looks gorgeous.
Now that i finished Ori and the blind forest all i can say is wow. That game was dope. I say it's the best jump&run i've ever played.
no idea, no idea