Maybe I Feel Out of Control

Let us Build a City

Started by TMYSTIC, Jul 21, 2015, 22:30

Previous topic - Next topic
Not many  people talking about this one.  I understand why it didn't make the actual album, but it truly is an infectious jam.  Reminds me of Giant in the way that it just steadily rocks.  The bros. can still rock a groove fo sho.

Quote from: TMYSTIC on Jul 21, 2015, 22:30

Not many  people talking about this one.  I understand why it didn't make the actual album, but it truly is an infectious jam.

Indeed. Looks like they got that tune hidden all this time since the surrender era, reminds me a lot of orange wedge in particular.

Honestly, I don't understand why it didn't make the cut for the album. In my opinion, this could have easily replaced Just Bang because it totally fits the album's tone.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 22, 2015, 08:48

Honestly, I don't understand why it didn't make the cut for the album. In my opinion, this could have easily replaced Just Bang because it totally fits the album's tone.

It belongs on the actual record, indeed.  But, if they were going for an understated record, then I see why it didn't make the cut.  Very easily could have replaced Just Bang.  If fact, Just Bang just doesn't.   Even the other bonus track Wo Ha could have fit nicely in the record.

Should have had Beck do the backing vocals and replace Wide Open.

Except the lyrics would have been "Distortion Of a Jungle" or something

Also, this would have worked really well in like 7/8 time
Last Edit: Jul 22, 2015, 21:59 by androidgeoff
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes! Great trrack! Right, reminds me of Giant too! And some tracks are what we wanted of Power Move! There was one information that was corrected If I didn't get it wrong: is there or not going to be a LUBAC extended? It was promoted as track 16, but then some stores apologised for the mistake. Anyway,sounds great as it is!
You are all my children now!

^It was the bonus track for the triple LPs, but they also added the 4 cd bonus tracks to the triple LPs by mistake, so some of us thought we were getting an alternate version of it since it was listed twice.
Never for money, always for love.

god knows why this track didnt make the album but taste of honey did....
The music gets louder, the lights swirl faster and the chap who freaks out just hasn't passed the acid test. A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is

my ideal tracklist for this album is to cut off just bang and taste of honey and replace it with the 2 bonus tracks :music
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Sep 13, 2015, 18:09

my ideal tracklist for this album is to cut off just bang and taste of honey and replace it with the 2 bonus tracks
Which two of the three bonus tracks?
no idea, no idea

the international bonus tracks
6.Wo Ha
7.Let Us Build A City

edit:
6. Direct Buki
7.Let Us Build A city
Last Edit: Nov 15, 2015, 11:48 by NiCk.Dj

The lyrics are adapted from Genesis 11:4, "Come let us build ourselves  a city, and a tower with its top in the sky; Let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

Quote from: weirdochristian on Nov 08, 2015, 18:30

The lyrics are adapted from Genesis 11:4, "Come let us build ourselves  a city, and a tower with its top in the sky; Let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered over the face of the whole earth."
Appropriate username...

Haha, for ages I have tried to figure out the lyrics, so thank you!

Sounds a lot like the "Holman Christian Standard Bible" version

"Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the sky. Let us make a name for ourselves; otherwise, we will be scattered over the face of the whole earth."

The bold part is what I am least sure of.

Please forgive me if this was mentioned elsewhere, but... I had my music on shuffle and the Boxer DFA mix came on, and it totally threw me off guard and I was confused for a second in a 'wait a second, did I just slip into a Fringe-type alt universe' way.  haha!  Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the Boxer so the single is not something I'd initially reach for in my collection, so again. Being thrown off guard, but in a pleased way. Anyway, have a listen. Let U Build A City and this  have some very noticeable similarities.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

DFA version is insanely good. It is on my Chems shuffle and I go crazy when it comes on.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 13, 2015, 14:42

'wait a second, did I just slip into a Fringe-type alt universe'
How is the music over there, Whirlternate?
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: whirlygirl on Nov 13, 2015, 14:42

Please forgive me if this was mentioned elsewhere, but... I had my music on shuffle and the Boxer DFA mix came on, and it totally threw me off guard and I was confused for a second in a 'wait a second, did I just slip into a Fringe-type alt universe' way.  haha!  Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of the Boxer so the single is not something I'd initially reach for in my collection, so again. Being thrown off guard, but in a pleased way. Anyway, have a listen. Let U Build A City and this  have some very noticeable similarities.

THAT'S RIGHT