You Should Feel What I Feel

[Tour 2020] 2020 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by ThePumisher, Oct 10, 2019, 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: whirlygirl on Jan 03, 2020, 15:10

I am kind of relieved not to see the Chems on that Coachella line-up. I've had my time in the sun but I'm over that festival, frankly - so come at me with the OK boomer jokes... Though with the gap in the already announced dates, I would say I'm a little bit surprised. Maybe the two weekend commitment doesn't make sense logistically? Or who knows maybe the line-up will change like it always does (even at the 11th hour like it did when Chems were given the closing spot over Bjork and Shitbirds of Leon all those years ago.)

I don't blame people having mixed feelings about Coachella nowadays, so no "OK Boomer" jokes coming this way.

From my angle, it is hard not to feel sentimental. The Chemical Brothers had what seemed to be a beautiful relationship with Coachella since its inauguration. It's been 9 years from their last appearance. If they aren't playing this one in 2020, especially considering their availability and proximity to the other tour dates within the same month, I don't think they'll play the festival ever again. That's pretty sad to me, regardless of how much the festival has changed.

I'm also pretty happy that I wont have to make a tough decision about going to that festival. I definitely am feeling my age when it comes to shows and festivals. The last time I went to Glastonbury (2016) I felt obligated to go hard into the evenings to make the most of my time, but it was also feeling pretty samey (a little harsh as it was always going to be tough to beat 2015). But with those experiences, I really have no desire to do the same thing IN THE DESSERT. Glastonbury when it's wet and muddy is one thing, but having to hop from shade to shade and remember to hydrate every 5 minutes, while being surrounded by (from what I hear) some of the worst people in the music going world... Nah.

I hope they'll announce something stateside this year. Chicago or the Midwest would be awesome as it's been a while and I'm eager to get back!

I'm also hoping for another UK date around the Isle of Wight festival. I'm going to be in the UK for 3 weeks in June but the only thing I have arranged for our visit is on that Saturday  :(

Fingers crossed for all of us, I guess!
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 03, 2020, 20:41

I don't blame people having mixed feelings about Coachella nowadays, so no "OK Boomer" jokes coming this way.

From my angle, it is hard not to feel sentimental. The Chemical Brothers had what seemed to be a beautiful relationship with Coachella since its inauguration. It's been 9 years from their last appearance. If they aren't playing this one in 2020, especially considering their availability and proximity to the other tour dates within the same month, I don't think they'll play the festival ever again. That's pretty sad to me, regardless of how much the festival has changed.

Truthfully, I feel pangs of nostalgia for Coachella. I moved recently and came across my Coachella booklets and tickets I've saved over the years. It would be salty and crusty of me to expect that festival to never change and evolve. I agree it would be sad if the Chems never played there again, for whatever the reason(s) migHt be. To me, the Chems helped make my experiences at Coachella what they were.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 03, 2020, 22:14

I'm also pretty happy that I wont have to make a tough decision about going to that festival. I definitely am feeling my age when it comes to shows and festivals. The last time I went to Glastonbury (2016) I felt obligated to go hard into the evenings to make the most of my time, but it was also feeling pretty samey (a little harsh as it was always going to be tough to beat 2015). But with those experiences, I really have no desire to do the same thing IN THE DESSERT. Glastonbury when it's wet and muddy is one thing, but having to hop from shade to shade and remember to hydrate every 5 minutes, while being surrounded by (from what I hear) some of the worst people in the music going world... Nah.

I hope they'll announce something stateside this year. Chicago or the Midwest would be awesome as it's been a while and I'm eager to get back!

I'm also hoping for another UK date around the Isle of Wight festival. I'm going to be in the UK for 3 weeks in June but the only thing I have arranged for our visit is on that Saturday  :(

Fingers crossed for all of us, I guess!

The heat out there in the desert can be a killer. Usually in the spring it's not too terrible, but it's still dry and the midday sun is blazing, you still have to be mindful with being hydrated. And generous with re-applying your 9000 sunblock. There are cooling stations and accessible water around the festival which is well laid out. Coachella really is a great festival and something to experience at least once. Though I don't know if it could hold a candle to the mother of all festivals, Glastonbury!

The main issue for me when it comes to Coachella is mainly my husband, and his overall comfort. He enjoys himself eventually (he loves seeing the Chems) but going to festivals is rather low on his list of things he wants to do. As he's gotten older he has a really difficult time with crowd and social anxiety in general.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

One thing that irks me regarding Coachella in its current state touches on inchem's "Cashella" remark. There was a time when the lineup barely made headlines beyond the California area and specific scenes through the internet. As soon as the lineup is announced now, not only are we picking up on it immediately, but I see it on BBC News and even on one of the 24-hour Canadian news channels (CTV). How is a music festival lineup reveal world news. There isn't a huge reunion or one off compared to past years (daft punk 06 or Rage 07).
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Jan 03, 2020, 23:44

How is a music festival lineup reveal world news. There isn't a huge reunion or one off compared to past years (daft punk 06 or Rage 07).

Glastonbury is the same right? I guess they see the news as being important to the general public. My friends back home wouldn't be considered 'music fans' (they're around music, but don't seek it out) but they're always interested to see who is playing the biggest music festival in the UK - who's the big 'Pop' artist this year, who might they catch on TV that weekend or what have you.

Thanks for the heads-up, Pum! It would be much appreciated if you could post links, too, next time.  :P
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Bologna Sonic Park, Italy, June July 11, 2020

Last Edit: Jan 19, 2020, 13:40 by Csar
no idea, no idea

Rock in Roma, Italy, June July 26, 2020

Last Edit: Jan 19, 2020, 13:39 by Csar
no idea, no idea

More European June dates please & thank you!

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 18, 2020, 18:16

More European June dates please & thank you!
Yes pretty please! Or any other month

Correction: Both Italy dates are in July rather than in June. Sonic Park is on July 11 and Rock in Roma is on July 26.

@Pumisher: you can modify your posts any time. No need to kill those furry little fellas
Last Edit: Jan 19, 2020, 14:22 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jan 19, 2020, 13:38

@Pumisher: you can modify your posts any time. No need to kill those furry little fellas

Tried to, but somebody already did...  ;)
Last Edit: Jan 23, 2020, 19:20 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Lowlands Festival, the Netherlands confirmed! 21,22 or 23 of August.
Lowlands

tickets sold out in 5 hours :(

Open'er Festival, Gdynia, Poland, Saturday 04.07.2020 - Final slot.
They're closing the festival.

Info: https://opener.pl/en/
Tickets: https://opener.pl/en/tickets
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

We just bought our tix to the Cork show! Looks like I have a trip overseas to plan!!  ;D