Dream How I Dream to Feel

[Tour 2020] 2020 Live dates (Info, tickets etc.)

Started by ThePumisher, Oct 10, 2019, 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Wight cancelled
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Thanks, Kosek. I updated accordingly.

Man, this is depressing. Let's hope everyone stays healthy and the festival and all other shows that might be cancelled also can take place later this or next year.
Last Edit: Mar 26, 2020, 17:39 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Provinsi Festival cancelled
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Lattitude festival also cancelled

LOL, just noticed the change in your avatar Csar  ;D

With the high probability of all shows being whipped from 2020, anyone think they might explore a new "live" recording release to compensate for lost revenue from all the shows that are bound to be cancelled this year?

I'm sure there is some type of festival insurance in play to make things right, but maybe a thing to think about.

Open'er Gdynia cancelled  :'( :(

Actually they say it has been moved to 2021 with most of the lineup, I don't know if that includes Chems.
Last Edit: Apr 29, 2020, 12:41 by kosek

@Bosco, ha, thanks for noticing :)

Regarding lost revenue, this would indeed be a nice practical way to make up for their cancelled shows. And now that you mentioned it, wouldn't it be the ideal moment to pitch to them (again) the idea of releasing live shows from the past??!!?? I'm aiming for some sought after live moments like the Pills, das Spiegel, AMMC, the Golden ACID Path from 2007, BRB from 2005 etc. pp.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Apr 29, 2020, 12:41

@Bosco, ha, thanks for noticing :)

Regarding lost revenue, this would indeed be a nice practical way to make up for their cancelled shows. And now that you mentioned it, wouldn't it be the ideal moment to pitch to them (again) the idea of releasing live shows from the past??!!?? I'm aiming for some sought after live moments like the Pills, das Spiegel, AMMC, the Golden ACID Path from 2007, BRB from 2005 etc. pp.
Or Hoops with late 05 drumline and Hold tight london.
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Electric Picnic is cancelled

https://www.electricpicnic.ie/news/sadly-electric-picnic-2020-will-no-longer-be-taking-place

How come we missed this in the gig-list in the first place? Oh well...
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on May 11, 2020, 20:01

Electric Picnic is cancelled

btw you forgot to scratch off Lattitude Festival. Also - Sonar is cancelled

Yup, thanks for the tip. Other festivals cancelled or rescheduled include:

- Sonar Festival - Cancelled
- Irish Independend Park - Rescheduled to June 29, 2021
- Gurtenfestival - Cancelled
- Lowlands Festival - Cancelled
— Aurora (The Seed)

I wonder if they will end up touring in 2021 instead and what that might look like. of course when I say that I really mean if it will improve my chances of catching them. realistically the financial impacts of 2020 might mean a lot less is possible next year, even though people are going to want it so much more.

Honestly, I cannot imagine any concerts or events of this size happening this year. Unless there's a vaccine (which won't happen anytime soon) or at least an effective and widely-available treatment, it would be incredibly irresponsible of the organizers and any artist agreeing to play there.

Even if they tour within the next year or two, their tour dates might be even more selective than they were before. Any underlying health issues with Tom, Ed, and crew, will suddenly be more focused than before. We know Ed is (or was?) a longtime smoker, I'm curious about his attitude towards touring at all with the risk of the virus not being tamed in certain areas.

With no evidence at all, my guess is they'll put touring off and explore some type of musical, visual, production. Think 'Further', but with a bigger budget.

Quote from: Bosco on May 17, 2020, 17:54
With no evidence at all, my guess is they'll put touring off and explore some type of musical, visual, production. Think 'Further', but with a bigger budget.
I misread your quote with a period then realized that Ed's broadway debut is long overdue.

Tom builds a robot for science, but he escapes. Ed tracks him down and teaches him to love, through song.
Never for money, always for love.

and the candid and controversial sequel

'Playground for a Wedgeless Firm'

;)

Don't forget about Tom's barber shop
no idea, no idea