Do It Again

Repair for "Singles 93-03" promo novelty sample noise toy thing

Started by LLG, Oct 31, 2019, 15:25

Previous topic - Next topic
I acquired this recently and was wondering if anyone knows how to safely get inside to replace the battery? It's pretty flimsy and cheap so I'm afraid I might break it if I twist or force it open the wrong way.

I don't have one of these, but my guess would be gently prying it open with a flat screwdriver. It also could possibly be a twist lock, so perhaps try gently twisting top half and bottom half in opposite directions before doing any prying.

Anyway, since we have the technology now, if someone developed a Chemical Brothers soundboard app, that would be fun. Not necessarily practical, but something to keep us nerds amused. 

Edit: Also noticed the slot on the bottom of the device. Maybe you insert something inside and it will activate a release mechanism.

Thanks for the reply. This is the only place to find someone who has one of these that I can think of.

It's not a twist lock and the slot on the bottom is for a tab to keep the battery contacts from touching. I think gently prying it open with a flat screwdriver is the best bet, but I'm worried about breaking it, since it's pretty flimsy and there's not many of these around.

I found a Facebook video the other night where someone played each of the sample buttons, but can't find it again.

Edit: Found the video:
Last Edit: Nov 01, 2019, 01:37 by LLG