Born In the Echoes

Out Of Control (Avalanches Surrender To Love Remix)

Started by Stefan, Nov 28, 2019, 17:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Released on the craziest shopping day of the year.
Good timing Avalanches!
This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

It's getting a video by Kate Gibb!
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Seems there will be a hi-res version of this remix.

Hey Boy Hey Girl single is getting reissued digitally tomorrow and will include the Radio Edit, Extended Mix, Soulwax remix, along with Flashback and Scale.

Blasting Avalanches remix as I type
Last Edit: Nov 28, 2019, 22:27 by neorev

Sounds like Ed at 1.23? And at 3.31. And in the intro.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 29, 2019, 02:54
I think you're right! I dig the interview snippets.

The Avalanches teased that a full 12 minute version will be released soon. Good thing as the version out now feels like it's just getting going by the end. If they keep that final groove going for the full 9 other minutes I'll be happy

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 29, 2019, 02:54

That was definitely Ed! Really loved the reimagination put into this version. Pretty much a whole new song. The vid parallels the track and gives it such respect and nod to Kate's work and the 20th anniversary.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Nov 29, 2019, 05:20

The Avalanches teased that a full 12 minute version will be released soon. Good thing as the version out now feels like it's just getting going by the end. If they keep that final groove going for the full 9 other minutes I'll be happy

phew, great to hear! I was so pumped for this remix after hearing the 30s clip in the Avalanches instagram, but this version quite disappointed me, it felt very choppy and without natural flow.

I agree, the final groove must be a centerpiece of the full remix, not just the final short note.

P.S. - although have to say the visuals do a good job to immerse you into this short version.
Last Edit: Nov 29, 2019, 09:16 by Herbas

Visuals: Kate actually did the video and used the film used to make the screen print of the original artwork. great lengths to pay tribute to where it came from.

This edit is basically a teaser argh. I'm dying for the full version. starts nicely and builds and how those recognisable OOC sounds are blended into the avalanches landscape.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

The visuals are wonderful, the vocals really really don't mix well for me.
If anything if they had done it as a remix/cover with a new vocalist (don't shoot me) to fit better with their aesthetic it would have been cooler maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DYL2pQX2rk&feature=emb_rel_pause

It's a little so-so for me. One thing may be that's a little hard for me to disassociate the lyrics from the original when they come on. You know what usually follows and then the new melody thwarts those expectations. But that's always a sign of a good remix or re-imagined song. It's definitly an interesting take on OOC. Not sure so far whether I really like it or not, though. Maybe I need a few more listens.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

There's a 12mn version coming! That's great, because I found the remix frustratingly short. It stops at the very moment where it should completely explode!
https://twitter.com/TheAvalanches/status/1200128587153563648

On first listen, I thought "That's a cool intro, now where's the rest of it ?"
Last Edit: Nov 29, 2019, 15:23 by Ben_j

The Tom Rowlands Radio Edit of the Remix is out today.

lol @ the chemical brothers edit of an avalanches remix of a chemical brothers song.

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 29, 2019, 15:05
There's a 12mn version coming! That's great, because I found the remix frustratingly short. It stops at the very moment where it should completely explode!
https://twitter.com/TheAvalanches/status/1200128587153563648

Exactly what I was thinking! Hoping the 12 min version keeps that groove going.

I really like how the vocals were readjusted. Almost sounds like it should be sung over piano like a show tune. I think we're all in agreement the song is too short and edges the listener, but I think it is an awesome remix.

Quote from: Ben_j on Nov 29, 2019, 15:05

There's a 12mn version coming!

this
Eight or over.

I love the way the siren is repurposed around 1:30 and little elements of the original mix show up in the background rather than the foreground, great Avalanches layering as always.

Yeah I'm waiting patiently for that longer mix! Maybe they're still working on it, expect it in 15 years. (Bet they hate hearing jokes like that.)
Never for money, always for love.

OMG I really wish that was on the box set.  Physical release of extended version NAOW.

So it was played on a show that plays left of field experimental music in Australia and the host was saying it may be a hint of the avalanches doing more remixes of the brothers music or including more in the existing mix teaser maybe... I can't be bothered researching more now but I heard it last night and its late again now on a week day.
...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...