If You Ever Change Your Mind About Leaving It All Behind..

Out Of Control (Avalanches Surrender To Love Remix)

Started by Stefan, Nov 28, 2019, 17:16

Previous topic - Next topic
I was really surprised as it played on polish MTV Dance :D
(it's weird because I haven't seen the GTKO which is way more popular...)
damn... I really like that rmx
Just saw that it will get 12min version... Can't wait :D
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

SEE THE RECORD STORE DAY THREAD NOW!

Edit: Click
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2020, 19:04 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Kitten Killer, but is it worth closely examining the blurb I linked to in my post above?

The limited edition 180g 12 inch will contain two tracks never before released on vinyl. The first is 'Surrender To Love' is a brand new and unreleased mix by Australian electronic pioneers The Avalanches featuring tracks from Surrender + the brand new remix of their 1999 classic 'Out Of Control'. Artwork is derived from a brand new screen print of the original 'Out Of Control' single art created by original Surrender artwork designer Kate Gibb art.Side A Surrender To Love - A Mix By The Avalanches Side B Out Of Control - The Avalanches Surrender To Love Mix

Scenario 1
So is the B side the 12 minute remix of OOC, whilst the A side is a sort of megamix/DJ mix featuring multiple tracks from Surrender? Am I understanding this correctly?

Scenario 2

Or could the B side be the short OOC remix we already know, whilst the A-side (megamix/DJ mix of Surrender tracks) is the 12 minute long thing?

I'm leaning towards Scenario 2. I'm thinking there isn't a 12 minute long version of the OOC remix. The B side is gonna be the one already on YouTube, whilst the A side is multiple tracks from Surrender.
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2020, 23:51 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: inchemwetrust on Aug 13, 2020, 07:07

https://www.redrobinrecords.com/dance~11-c/surrender-to-love---a-mix-by-the-avalanches-(rsd-2020)--the-chemical-brothers~chemst33-p.html

Ooof. £30.57 with shipping to the states. That's $39.89. Yikes.
Are record stores open in the UK or is everything being done by pre-order this year? I may have to get it ordered to my parents house or something.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

I believe record stores are open, because a vinyl-lovers group I am in has been posting for over a month about what they find in their local shops in the UK
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone finds UK stores tomorrow where it is available online w/ shipping to the US please share!

Managed to get a copy today, with a little help from my friends. Anyone else?

Quote from: shakermaker on Aug 30, 2020, 14:28

ah, lucky cunt. how is it?

I absolutely love it. The new Kate Gibb sleeve is really nice too.

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Aug 30, 2020, 02:15

Managed to get a copy today, with a little help from my friends. Anyone else?

My brother very kindly braved (a recently flooded!) Winchester high street to pick me up a copy.
I won't be able to enjoy it in person for... who knows how long at this rate. But, it's safely stored in my vinyl collection in my old bedroom!

I didn't get to ask him yet, but was there a download code with the vinyl? Or should I just listen online somewhere if I want to actually HEAR the record?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Aug 31, 2020, 00:09
I didn't get to ask him yet, but was there a download code with the vinyl? Or should I just listen online somewhere if I want to actually HEAR the record?

No download code. Has it been posted anywhere yet? I wonder if/when it will make it to streaming services

Quote from: actionjackson780 on Sep 01, 2020, 01:54

No download code. Has it been posted anywhere yet? I wonder if/when it will make it to streaming services
I don't think it will

what was the retail price? there's quite a few copies for sale on discogs at the moment that don't look too outrageously priced, but I'm not sure what the 'normal' price is. shipping to the USA is still kindof a bitch though.

£18. Which as of today comes to $23.99.

so..does the rsd release have an extended mix or the same thing?
Eight or over.

Retail for me was $26.99 CAD.

A side is an extended version of the ready released mix, with more interview samples and bits and pieces of Dream On, Asleep from Day and Out of Control. B side is the one from last year, nothing new

Ah,maybe this is the correct thread for the 11 min thing rather than the general RSD thread.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

nice find, thanks! i gotta listen to this today
Eight or over.