Dig Your Own Hole

The Prodigy (official thread)

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2015, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Mar 05, 2019, 05:52

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Mar 04, 2019, 20:13

So this is Tribal Gathering?! And Keith was the one eager to see the Chems!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I know it is too early but I just can't stop wondering: Will this be the end of The Prodigy? What do you guys think?

Liam is still the brains, but it's hard to imagine them without Keith.
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2019, 14:19 by kosek
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

This question kept me up last night.  Not sure how they could do it and just feel absolutely gutted night after night not having Keith there going wild. Maxim and Keith worked so well off one another, so to not have that to work off of would be a hard. I mean, you could use pre-recorded vocals and maybe do some cool visuals and pictures celebrating Keith when his main songs came on, but that could only go so far I would think.  They aren't replacing him that's for sure.

Maybe a few tribute shows here and there but I think the band is done. You can only do so many shows without Keith.

This is up there. Like, Star Guitar up there.

Following the tragic death of Keith Flint all forthcoming Prodigy shows will be cancelled with immediate effect.
TheProdigyHQ

Quote from: sandelic on Mar 05, 2019, 08:23

Kudos to you guys for changing background for Keith. It's very sweet.

I would like to take a moment and mention this as well. The background update is a class act and yes, very sweet! 🙌🏻

I've not much to add in remembrance as I've never seen Prodigy live, and I was not a huge fan by any stretch. But I will say they were trailblazers in their own right. The electronic music landscape would sound so different if not for them at the helm! Fat of the Land for me helps paint a picture of my wilder, younger, childless days where a great many evenings were spent at clubs and raves. I was a lot more familiar with The Prodigy then than I was the Chems!

I just hope wherever Keith may be, he's free from the pain he was in and I hope those closest to him can find some comfort in how much he was loved by his fans and peers.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Seen online:

Never for money, always for love.

I discovered only now that some tracks from the aborted solo Keith Flint album became Prodigy tracks.

Razor:

Baby's got a temper:

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 06, 2019, 14:07

I discovered only now that some tracks from the aborted solo Keith Flint album became Prodigy tracks.

Yup, also their track Vacation was gonna be a Prodigy track, but we never got to hear it. This was before Liam scrapped AONO v1 and started over as he didn't want to do a FOTL Pt. 2.

I actually quite Keith's solo album Device 1, been listening to it for years. Kinda sucks cuz I always thought it deserved an official release. It did have an official single release "Aim 4" with music video and they played a few festivals. Device 1 was produced by Youth. Flint also remixed Marilyn Manson's Mobscene after the two met one night, drank Absinthe, went wild around town. Flint's remix was used on the single.

Flint's band was made up of The Prodigy's old live band members and one soon to be member... Pitchshifter/Prodigy live guitarist Jim Davies on guitar, Prodigy's live drummer Kieron Pepper on drums, Prodigy's future live guitarist Rob Holliday on bass, and Tony Howlett also on drums.

I always wished the guys put their talents together during this period as Keith proved himself to be a great songwriter and Maxim a great producer. If you took the best of Maxim's solo album Hell's Kitchen, Keith's solo album Device 1, and Liam's AONO, you would have had a strong Prodigy album.

Let's work together to honor Keith. Shortly after the announcement of Keith's passing , Emily Eavis told NME that they booked The Prodigy to play at Glastonbury 2019. Let's get Glastonbury to keep The Prodigy's slot at Glastonbury 2019 and broadcast their 1997 performance for the audiece to experience in honor of Keith Flint...

Please sign
https://www.change.org/p/emily-eavis-keep-the-prodigy-s-slot-broadcast-their-1997-glastonbury-performance-at-glastonbury-2019?recruiter=9256786&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=tap_basic_share&fbclid=IwAR1v-xADkELADf6JLieLq3A5MR0jKECWAtpO4Ftzf_rfxWz3gEqGIZ4emus
Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 03:49 by neorev

Quote from: Csar on Mar 05, 2019, 10:38

So this is Tribal Gathering?! And Keith was the one eager to see the Chems!

Nice find! He seems to wear the same sweater in the interview as on stage. The must be a video recording of that gig somewhere...

Quote from: Shotglass75 on Mar 05, 2019, 15:01

This question kept me up last night.  Not sure how they could do it and just feel absolutely gutted night after night not having Keith there going wild. Maxim and Keith worked so well off one another, so to not have that to work off of would be a hard. I mean, you could use pre-recorded vocals and maybe do some cool visuals and pictures celebrating Keith when his main songs came on, but that could only go so far I would think.  They aren't replacing him that's for sure.

After the announcement that all scheduled shows are canceled, I believe this is it. Keith is irreplaceable. The Prodigy died with Keith Flint. I know Liam is the actual brains behind it but without Keith and Maxim (and Leeroy in the early days) we probably would have gotten some great music butThe Prodigy would never have become the (live) band as we know them today.
Although Liam said he writes music to be played live I think or hope he will release some EP's in the coming decade.
What I really hope for is for a final set of tribute shows at Brixton with special guests a couple of nights in a row. I would throw my money down for that instantly and book a flight to London. Or maybe reform a new group after that like Audioslave after RATM.
I hope, I hope...  :(

Quote from: Joslyn on Mar 07, 2019, 20:45
What I really hope for is for a final set of tribute shows at Brixton with special guests a couple of nights in a row. I would throw my money down for that instantly and book a flight to London.

It would be impossible to get tickets for those :P
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

I know im a bit late to this, but damn, RIP Keith. He truly was an inspirational man. He scared the fuck out of me when I was younger, but now he is someone who everyone should look up to. Him and the gang revolutionized music forever

May you rest in peace you magic firestarter 🔥

On a lighter note, I've finally come across the early version of Warriors Dance on a pordigy forum.
*Edit: seems fan-made, but it's still awesome.

Damn, I'd been waiting for like 10 years to get to hear this in proper quality! This is the version Liam should have used on IMD!

And another rare live performance from 1995 is featured on this channel

Last Edit: Mar 16, 2019, 13:07 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

God damn. That performance from '95... you can feel that energy. Visceral energy.

Ripped the Zap Club 94 show off the BBC Radio 6 broadcast done for Keith Flint. Nice to have this full show in even better quality. I only had the original 192kbps for years. Wish we could have that show in lossless.

Keith Flint's funeral was held on Friday, March 29th and the band invited fans to join the procession.

Eulogy read by Paul Kaye

Keith's dog Cyrus was Chief Mourner...

I'm also a member of a well known Prodigy fan community known as Brainkiller and a few of the more hardcore members and myself have a little group called Snooping Basterds. We made this poster and wrote our names and a local member left it at the church for us. My name is in the bottom right corner...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing, Nice tribute and funeral with lots of nice folks. If only he had known how much he was loved...

If it had been me, though, I would have removed the receipt from that bouquet in the last picture.
Last Edit: Jun 08, 2019, 09:03 by Csar
— Aurora (The Seed)