Back With Another One of Those Block Rockin' Beats

The Prodigy (official thread)

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2015, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Csar on Apr 01, 2019, 08:35

Beautiful, thanks for sharing, Nice tribute and funeral with lots of nice folks. If only he had know how much he was loved...

If it had been me, though, I would have removed the receipt from that bouquet in the last picture.
I guess its to show that they picked out the finest for him
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

...  :'(
I can hit cheeky lizards if I want!

I don't get the thing with Liam's belt. Why does he carry this around? Was it Keefs belt?
And another thing that get me confused, but that's maybe because I haven't looked clearly enough, I don't spot Maxim (or Leeroy) on any of those pictures.

Edit: You can see Maxim in that NME video
Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019, 14:20 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Apr 01, 2019, 14:08

I don't get the thing with Liam's belt. Why does he carry this around? Was it Keefs belt?
And another thing that get me confused, but that's maybe because I haven't looked clearly enough, I don't spot Maxim (or Leeroy) on any of those pictures.

Edit: You can see Maxim in that NME video

The belt is Keith's. He would wear it live, it says "Champions Of London" on it. You can kinda see it here...

Maxim and Leeroy both were there. Maxim helped carried the casket at one point. Leeroy arrived with them in the car with them and hung back a little with Leo and Olly.

Screenshot from this video, they arrived around 6 minutes in with the casket...

There was a private event held afterwards for close friends and family. They did a huge fireworks display for Keith at the end...

Video by Nicole Appleton...

Last Edit: Apr 01, 2019, 23:07 by neorev

Quote from: Csar on Apr 01, 2019, 08:35

If it had been me, though, I would have removed the receipt from that bouquet in the last picture.

Yeah, I saw that. Sadly I did not place it there.

"Back in the studio making noise.. brand new Prodigy tunes are gonna roll , boooom"

Liam just posted this!

Happy to hear. If they are aiming for a new album, I'm curious how they'll approach.

The Prodigy released World's On Fire live on vinyl for the first time. Red vinyl exclusive up on their store for preorder. It's a 2020 remaster. Remastered by Engine Earz who mastered No Tourists.

Unreleased stuff MFTJG-era (not reworks!)
Gabba

Acid Break (Now Hear Dis)

The '95 Vibe

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Aug 11, 2020, 20:48

Unreleased stuff MFTJG-era (not reworks!)
Gabba

Acid Break (Now Hear Dis)

The '95 Vibe

Nice ! Who released that? Can we expect more?

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 12, 2020, 07:19

Nice ! Who released that? Can we expect more?
Description on videos:
"the recording was taken from one of a few used dat cassettes i had bought on ebay. the seller must've forgotten to erase this one. the track as far as I'm concerned is by 'prodigy' and used to be played live in the 90s"

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Aug 12, 2020, 08:43

Description on videos:
"the recording was taken from one of a few used dat cassettes i had bought on ebay. the seller must've forgotten to erase this one. the track as far as I'm concerned is by 'prodigy' and used to be played live in the 90s"
So Liam just sold DATs online with old tracks on them ? :))

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 12, 2020, 09:10

So Liam just sold DATs online with old tracks on them ? :))

No, I've chatted with Liam and he doesn't know how he got them. They all seem to be live jam tracks. I'm curious if they were recorded off a soundboard without Maxim's MCing. That could easily be done with a mixing board. Gabba and Now Hear This were just Liam jamming on the W30s and triggering loops/samples. These weren't intended to be album tracks. I think the uploader's story is BS to cover his own ass.

Update:
Yea, Liam believes they came from a monitor mix from the live desk as they weren't recorded in studio, but just live jams.
Last Edit: Aug 12, 2020, 17:11 by neorev

Quote from: Bob Chipezka on Aug 14, 2020, 22:08

Rock 'n' Roll '94

Yup, definitely confirms it's from the monitor desk. You can hear the end of Skylined at the beginning and the start of No Good at the end. Either this guy has the whole show or a good bit of the last half and then some.

It could possibly be from this gig...
http://www.theprodigyontour.com/?p=535

Tracklist:
1. Your Love
2. Live Beats
3. Voodoo People
4. Rhythm Of Life
5. Poison
6. Out Of Space
7. The '95 Vibe *
8. Their Law
9. Skylined
10. Rock'n'roll *
11. No Good (Start The Dance)
12. Now Hear This *
13. One Love
14. Gabba *

*Tracks posted in full so far

There was another DAT tape that sold recently that went to a Russian fan. It was a soundboard of their full Manchester 1995 show minus the opening tune Break And Enter.

did any of you guys (neorev maybe?) have a fancy set from the jilted tour and are willing to share?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 16, 2020, 13:51

did any of you guys (neorev maybe?) have a fancy set from the jilted tour and are willing to share?

LIVE AT ZAP CLUB
BRIGHTON, ENGLAND
SEPTEMBER 4th, 1994

This is a brand new, higher quality copy of the famous '94 Zap Club set. It originally was taped off a radio broadcast many years ago. When Keith passed away, the BBC rebroadcasted the show. We were able to pull the direct file off the BBC player and get a higher quality copy.

01 Speedway (Theme from Fastlane)
02 Voodoo People
03 Rhythm of Life
04 Poison
05 Out of Space
06 Now Hear This aka Acid Break
07 Their Law
08 No Good (Start the Dance)
09 Claustrophobic Sting (Fill)
10 Break & Enter
11 One Love
12 Gabba