So We Rollin' With the Chemicals and We Got the New Sound

The Prodigy (official thread)

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2015, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 07, 2018, 19:49

They've released only one album after Invaders, so "everything" seems a bit excessive
Yeah, perhaps you're right and this was a bit of stretch. I might have factored in my fears for the direction of the upcoming record and also my huge disappointment with TDIME. However, the tunes I heard so far, both official and live, aren't that promising to be honest. But I'm going to hold my breath until the new thing hits the shelves.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Got tickets for Düsseldorf, and somehow i would like to see them play baby's got a temper.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Sep 17, 2018, 21:24
i would like to see them play baby's got a temper
:))

You will not get it.

P.S. You're a "Giant" now, congrats.
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Sep 17, 2018, 21:49

P.S. You're a "Giant" now, congrats.

Yay! I'm so excited to see how these titles will keep evolving as y'all post more.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Next single is Light Up The Sky as heard in the tour announcement video. It should be dropping soon.

Why do I feel like he's doing the same track over and over again ?

Quote from: Ben_j on Sep 25, 2018, 21:50

Why do I feel like he's doing the same track over and over again ?
Not only you.
Feels like "Breathe+TMTTH+Girls+TDIME".

Quote from: Enjoyed on Sep 17, 2018, 22:28
Yay! I'm so excited to see how these titles will keep evolving as y'all post more.
Leave the place to the magic of the forum, that's it.
Last Edit: Sep 25, 2018, 22:01 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

It's not bad. But it somehow sounds just all too familiar and I keep hearing hackneyed ideas from past tracks like Their Law, Day is my Enemy and Breathe among others. Let's see how it grows on me. The hook is quite nice though (minus the pitched vocal or more precise the lyrics).
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

My dad always says that my favourite music sounds similar. But in this case i can't even argue with him.
Meow meow meow
Sound sound sound

I like it, think it's the best of the 3 new tracks. Sounds like it's gonna be a diverse album and the most modern sounding.

I really hate to be the guy that is constantly caviling about these new releases because I love the Prodigy. But damn, this is such a bland track. It barely has two chords going on and nothing really ever happens throughout the track. It's just not enough to shout mother-f-ing dozens of times mixed with some so-so beats. I listened to it twice because I thought I had missed something. Pretty monotonous.
— Aurora (The Seed)

I think the new track is fine.

I'm not emotionally attached to the band like others here, so maybe I'm not as sour about the output they have done since 'Fat of the Land' (fuck, thats 20+ years ago). I think they're doing a great job for themselves considering they're pretty much a niche band that peaked... well, since 'Fat of the Land'.

Alternative, Hardcore-Rave music, has it's limits (IMO) and I think they've reached that limit. Rage Against the Machine is a similar niche band, and shares a similar early arc of success. They just called it quits before it became exhaustingly redundant.

All negative comments aside, I think we all can agree that The Prodigy has proven that they have contagious energy, which keeps us all interested to some degree. Also, Liam Howlett is pretty fucking talented.

^Probably the best of the new tracks for me. The lyrics are twaddle, mind you.
Am I the only one thinking of Orbital's Oolaa during the (vaguely shepard tone-ish) rising notes?
Last Edit: Oct 26, 2018, 00:43 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

...here we go again
It's the brand new funk for real
Mass appeal, it's everlasting, asking you forecasting direction
Insurrection is served on a 12 inch platter
Mostly incorrect data, over matter
Is a mind that you'll find, it's design, is international, Rational
Back in the day we listened to rap, Bill Gates in the backpack
Yo, try many styles for the 3-1, instead of writing a rhyme I'd rather be one
two yo can watch what you do and live in the now, but believe there's only a few
Sometimes you've got to get inside to get it high
Hi Kevin!