Turn Off Your Mind, Relax, and Float Downstream

The Prodigy (official thread)

Started by ThePumisher, Jul 23, 2015, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Anyone up to date with the current state of The Prodigy future? Live shows, new music, any plans?

Thanks for those old live sets. Awesome.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Aug 20, 2020, 17:16

Anyone up to date with the current state of The Prodigy future? Live shows, new music, any plans?

Thanks for those old live sets. Awesome.

I'm not sure about live shows, but Liam's been working on stuff. They also seem to wanna celebrate their 30th anniversary. I've heard something "new" in regards to their 30th anniversary celebration. Liam actually teased it live a few times back when they toured for No Tourists in 2018. They had plans to release something last year, but those were put on hold when Keith passed. Liam posted a photo last summer saying he was back in the studio and promising new beats this year. I think COVID-19 screwed a lot of things up as his studio is no longer in his home. I think the virus kept him away from the traveling to the studio. But it seems like he's back in business now. There was also bits of information that leaked out over the last couple of years, such as apparently Dizzee Rascal being in the studio and Shahin Badar (famous for her SMBU Bridge vocal) also being in the studio. On her social media post, when her contribution did not appear on No Tourists, she said it was for the next album. I know Dizzee is coming out with a new album soon. Perhaps he worked with Liam for one of his own tunes, or something coming we haven't heard yet, or Liam simply scrapped it altogether. For example, the track Destroy on The Day Is My Enemy had a demo version called Destroy The Melody written way before Invaders Must Die and featured Wiley on vocals. The demo actually leaked. Liam scrapped the Wiley vocals and reworked the track into an instrumental with just a robotic voice saying, "Destroy!" Just after Keith passed, Engine Earz, who mastered No Tourists and remastered the upcoming World's On Fire vinyl, said how they were just in the studio listening to Keith's voice and prepping the next steps when they heard what happened. So it seems Engine Earz was working on something. Their studio is in the same building as Liam's studio.
Last Edit: Aug 20, 2020, 21:15 by neorev

Yeah, I lost track after he posted that 'back in studio' photo. Thank you very much for that writeup.
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Quote from: kosek on Aug 20, 2020, 19:34

Yeah, I lost track after he posted that 'back in studio' photo. Thank you very much for that writeup.

My bad, Destroy The Melody dates back to 2006. Possibly written during Their Law: The Singles era. It finally got released in reworked form in 2015 on The Day Is My Enemy.

No Matter what Liam do, I believe in his instincts and creativity and I'll be happy with it ;)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: neorev on Aug 20, 2020, 21:17

My bad, Destroy The Melody dates back to 2006. Possibly written during Their Law: The Singles era. It finally got released in reworked form in 2015 on The Day Is My Enemy.

Wow, I never heard this before! I keep discovering new Prodigy unreleased stuff. I like the final version better though. Not Wiley's finest bit.

Eddy Boy Simons just retweeted this from Eddy Temple-Morris
https://twitter.com/eddyTM/status/1319960740577554433
IT'S MORNING TIME!

What a mistreat towards expensive equipment.
Hi Kevin!

Two years ago today, Keef past away  :'(

no idea, no idea

Saw that studio tease,It sounds like something between the AONO and TDIME, will work pefectly with some 8-bitish synths.

Also, proppably the riff source:

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheProdigy/comments/njnmok/new_version_of_breathe_to_be_released_on_june/

There's the Remix of Breathe coming for the Fast and Furious 9 OST on 17th of June, festuring the Wu-Tang's RZA
And the source claims, that the remix is produced by... Liam!
(BTW, the original track Samples the Wu-Tang, so...)

#thereturn2021 lives on!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: neorev on May 25, 2021, 07:00

I can confirm Liam's involvement
;)

Saw your discussion with Nas, also discussed on the discord,
you two are always on the guard, respect mate
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Anyone hyped about the incoming remix?
I can't fkn wait.
I have to admit, that I love all those collabs with rap artists

Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

IT'S OUT, AND IT'S BETTER, THAN I EXPECTED!

THOSE H O R N S!

"Sometimes you got to stop and breatheeee!"
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?