Who's Gonna Take the Weight, Who's Gonna Take the Blame?

2024 Live Shows

Started by Csar, Aug 31, 2023, 11:41

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Stefan on Jan 03, 2024, 17:55
Tbh, after two years of touring I wouldn't expect any additional dates beyond the JP/NZ/AUS shows.
Usually i'd agree but it doesn't make much sense to not tour the summer after an album release.

Their tour pattern has been very strange in general to be honest. 3 summers of fests then release an album essentially
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

We all know that they do more festival shows than a classic tour around the globe these days (off with their heads). And they where on a lot of festivals last year so i don't think the festivals will book them again this year. I'm totally happy with the japanese, australians (New Zealand is a festival so i don't count it) with getting their solo-shows, but i also think they won't do much more shows next year. And at least through Instagram we all know that Tom is back in studio (maybe working on new stuff?). My bet goes to some dj sets towards the end of the year
no idea, no idea

Yeah, that would be the usual schedule. Take a break from touring and spin some new ideas in DJ sets later in the year.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 04, 2024, 14:19
And at least through Instagram we all know that Tom is back in studio (maybe working on new stuff?).

We've just had Christmas so Tom's been at home, where the studio is. I'm not sure we can read much more into it than that.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Jan 04, 2024, 14:19
My bet goes to some dj sets towards the end of the year

Quote from: Stefan on Jan 04, 2024, 15:39
Yeah, that would be the usual schedule. Take a break from touring and spin some new ideas in DJ sets later in the year.

They've only just finished their most recent bout of DJ sets in 2023 and then released the album in the Autumn.
Unless they've already got a new batch of tracks to play, I'd be very surprised if we get new DJ sets (to road-test new material) this year or next.

Unless they decide to just start doing lots of DJ sets for the hell of it (or the cash - like the return to Amnesia), I wouldn't expect them to start DJ-inf new stuff until at least 2026.

As for discussion elsewhere on the forum about what's next for the Chems, I'm still hopeful for the EBW that we didn't get (yet?) with this album cycle, although I wonder if poor album sales may have had a knock-on effect regarding its release...

PS I can't see the italics option. I am suffering from a dizziness (health) issue at the moment. Am I now losing my marbles? Why can't I see Italics when I'm typing this?*

*actually everything looks like italics to me at the moment, but that's not the forum's fault!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Yeah, DJ sets in 2024 would be a very optimistic timeline, but iirc the last live shows of the BITE era were in late 2016 and during 2017, not even a year later, they already DJd some stuff from NG.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 04, 2024, 20:25
PS I can't see the italics option. I am suffering from a dizziness (health) issue at the moment. Am I now losing my marbles? Why can't I see Italics when I'm typing this?*
*actually everything looks like italics to me at the moment, but that's not the forum's fault!
No, it's not only you, there's no Italics button in the editor for me, too.
Funny, if I write the Italicis bracket manually, the text shows up in Italics in the editor, but not in the preview or the finished post.
Edit: the Italics button is back, so thanks to the wizards in the engine room!
Last Edit: Jan 05, 2024, 09:12 by Stefan

Quote from: shakermaker on Jan 05, 2024, 07:42
see you all in 2026!
Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Jan 04, 2024, 20:25
I wouldn't expect them to start DJ-inf new stuff until at least 2026.

Ugh, hate this thinking...

Thumbs-down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

It definitely is surprising there are no shows announced yet but its not unheard of for artists to not having anything at this point.

Perhaps they will be a european exclusive somewhere or do a one off London show or something.

Glastonbury always an option too.

Quote from: Bosco on Jan 05, 2024, 08:17
Ugh, hate this thinking...

Thumbs-down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
Well if we hype ourselves up that we're gonna hear new music via DJ sets before the end of this year, we may end up very disappointed. And I wouldn't want anyone here to be disappointed.

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: gfa2001 on Jan 05, 2024, 09:36
or do a one off London show or something
How did you know?
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Jan 08, 2024, 13:31
How did you know?
Just a guess

Was more expecting a uk exclusive festival show in a park to be honest