Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Chronology of all North American (USA, MEX, and CAN) tour dates

• Giant
  • trying
When did Errol come into play? Be fun to pick his brain about this.

• Giant
  • K+D+B is godlike
When did Errol come into play? Be fun to pick his brain about this.
Errol has an account here as far as i remember.
no idea, no idea

• Giant
  • trying
we back

• Swoon Arpeggios..
  • The ChemBase Team
  • ..and Star Guitar horny synth
Holy shit! What a cool line-up! :o
Hi Kevin!

• 2rbo Nutt37
  • The ChemBase Team
  • Reining in the bots that freed themselves
Yeah, that's like a full-blown burrito explosion! Given they're all there the same day, they could have little live-live jam session with Sumner, Donahue and Bradfield.
You wanna know my biggest disappointment for the live sets 2019? You wanna know? I tell you what my biggest disappointment is: I AM FUCKING NOT THERE!

• Hmm... I was confused
  • The ChemBase Team
Do it Geoff
Never for money, always for love.

• Pioneer
  • Sitting in the gutter screaming symphony......
So I saw them at the North Coast Music festival when I was living in Chicago.. the set could have been a wee bit longer .. weather for September was warm..

Then at the Riveara in Chicago ( when I was still living in Detroit) That was Amazing !!

Beautiful Beautiful times  :music
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there."

• Pioneer
  • Sitting in the gutter screaming symphony......
Wish I was old enough When they came to Detroit .. I read somewhere years later Tom  and Ed were not fans of the cold and snow  LOL
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there."

• Freak Of The Week
  • Let Me In Mate
Do it Geoff

this has aged appropriately
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Giant
  • trying

This got mention in a conversation I had a short while ago, and while the forum was down I tracked down a photo.

hey some of you remember this steel foot-locker (The Concourse, San Francisco)? Great night. It was my first real initiation with meeting regular forum members. But in retrospect, what a horribly shitty choice of venue.

Still got my screen printed WATN shirt boxed away in mint condition though!

• Pioneer
hey some of you remember this steel foot-locker (The Concourse, San Francisco)? Great night. It was my first real initiation with meeting regular forum members. But in retrospect, what a horribly shitty choice of venue.

you'll be pleased (?) to know it's now a block of apartment buildings.

on reading this thread for the first time, wow they were active here in the 90s. what happened.

• Giant
  • trying
^
I've attempted to anticipate and predict potential North American dates with very little success. They're VERY selective.

To add, they've been quoted that they don't really wanna do extensive touring anymore. "Been there, done that" kinda thing. They were on Zane Lowe's show back in May when Cali gigs were happening. Zane was poking fun at their US tour, and their reply was pretty coy. It mostly feels like it rests on what Tom wants to do, where Ed maybe just along for the ride at this point. Tom is a family man, so being away from home is taxing for any extended period.

Cost is another factor. The show is a lot more expensive then it was before. I imagine is a bit tough in negotiations with venues/festivals especially outside of Europe. Let's face it, The Chemical Brothers don't exactly bring the $$$ like a young, up-in-coming, artist.

Ultimately, I think they just prefer to play Europe and any new opportunities/markets that weren't available before during their peak through the late 90's.

I do wish they would be a little more blunt with their fans about their willingness/plight to play North America. There's a lot of scattered fans over here that are hoping for a future date, when you could just encourage them that you're strictly focused on costal dates (LA/NY).

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!