Superstar DJs, Here We Go!

Chronology of all North American (USA, MEX, and CAN) tour dates

Started by Bosco, Jul 24, 2015, 06:05

Previous topic - Next topic
When did Errol come into play? Be fun to pick his brain about this.

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 05, 2018, 21:35

When did Errol come into play? Be fun to pick his brain about this.
Errol has an account here as far as i remember.
no idea, no idea

Yeah, that's like a full-blown burrito explosion! Given they're all there the same day, they could have little live-live jam session with Sumner, Donahue and Bradfield.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

So I saw them at the North Coast Music festival when I was living in Chicago.. the set could have been a wee bit longer .. weather for September was warm..

Then at the Riveara in Chicago ( when I was still living in Detroit) That was Amazing !!

Beautiful Beautiful times  :music
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there."

Wish I was old enough When they came to Detroit .. I read somewhere years later Tom  and Ed were not fans of the cold and snow  LOL
"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there."

This got mention in a conversation I had a short while ago, and while the forum was down I tracked down a photo.

hey some of you remember this steel foot-locker (The Concourse, San Francisco)? Great night. It was my first real initiation with meeting regular forum members. But in retrospect, what a horribly shitty choice of venue.

Still got my screen printed WATN shirt boxed away in mint condition though!

Quote from: Bosco on Sep 23, 2019, 19:56
hey some of you remember this steel foot-locker (The Concourse, San Francisco)? Great night. It was my first real initiation with meeting regular forum members. But in retrospect, what a horribly shitty choice of venue.

you'll be pleased (?) to know it's now a block of apartment buildings.

on reading this thread for the first time, wow they were active here in the 90s. what happened.

^
I've attempted to anticipate and predict potential North American dates with very little success. They're VERY selective.

To add, they've been quoted that they don't really wanna do extensive touring anymore. "Been there, done that" kinda thing. They were on Zane Lowe's show back in May when Cali gigs were happening. Zane was poking fun at their US tour, and their reply was pretty coy. It mostly feels like it rests on what Tom wants to do, where Ed maybe just along for the ride at this point. Tom is a family man, so being away from home is taxing for any extended period.

Cost is another factor. The show is a lot more expensive then it was before. I imagine is a bit tough in negotiations with venues/festivals especially outside of Europe. Let's face it, The Chemical Brothers don't exactly bring the $$$ like a young, up-in-coming, artist.

Ultimately, I think they just prefer to play Europe and any new opportunities/markets that weren't available before during their peak through the late 90's.

I do wish they would be a little more blunt with their fans about their willingness/plight to play North America. There's a lot of scattered fans over here that are hoping for a future date, when you could just encourage them that you're strictly focused on costal dates (LA/NY).

1997   May 2nd - The Joint at Hard Rock Hotel, Las Vegas, NV, USA

Small update...Just watching the Singles'93 - '03 DVD and it has a clip showing the marquee showing that they were playing with the orb.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Thanks rynostar. Added it in and along with the Mexico 2020 date.

Who was "support" in the shows with The Orb. I wanna say The Orb because I don't think they had the critical acclaim The Chems had. Or maybe it was a double bill?

Edit 1:

google search helped me find this:

which will feature co-headliners

http://www.mtv.com/news/1432938/the-orb-set-for-us-tour/

Edit 2:

http://www.mtv.com/news/509543/chemical-brothers-drive-crowd-crazy/

concert review for the Chicago date in April of 1997, which also features The Orb.

Edit 3:

with their hard-core, techno-cum-alternative-rock and electronic roll

Oh my!
Last Edit: Jan 02, 2020, 21:41 by Bosco

Don't know if these itineraries are of any use
In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

interesting. there are some Canadian dates on that 99 tour that I don't think I have added. I'll edit it when I have a chance

Thanks Sneaker!

If referencing the Calgary and Vancouver dates in October, those were already known and posted in the list.

I remember the Calgary one being advertised in my hometown, Edmonton, when I was 14. Obviously I really wanted to go but couldn't travel the two and a half hours south on the account of being 14. Actionjackson780 and I have talked about that show and how everyone we encounter that went had there mind blown.

As for the Vancouver date, I have to laugh as I now live 2 minutes from it. Heck, I run past it every few days on my workouts. There's a great athletics track and set of football / soccer pitches next to it. Went in there for a craft fair before Christmas. It defiantly has the space to fill a chems show. It's a venue that looks like it's close to a hundred years old meaning harsh sound.

The crew / band departure dates intrigue me with those lists.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Jan 03, 2020, 22:02

If referencing the Calgary and Vancouver dates in October, those were already known and posted in the list.

Naw, they played Toronto and Montreal in July of 99 which I had missing. We can put another 2 on the board!

One of the dates that I have listed but isn't on the itineraries, is the Hawaii date in 1997. I don't doubt they made the extra trip out there, I just can't pull any information about it other than this:

http://archives.starbulletin.com/97/06/12/community/music.html

and I don't remember how I was tipped off about this date either...