Matt E Silver out of New York is a big time hit, some of them:

Please log in to view this attachment.

Vegetable Vision nod!

Vegetable Vision Nod, again!

Please log in to view this attachment. Please log in to view this attachment.

San Francisco :

Last Edit: Oct 16, 2023, 11:05 by Csar

Quote from: Orangegodd on Feb 04, 2018, 14:44

Hi.
Your list is missing something.

Actually I think the last none gig as The Dust Brothers was on 28th Jan '95 in LA. With Justin Robertson and The Crystal Method as part of an Urb magazine/ De Construction / City of Angels night. A DJ set tho'.. in a tiny club in Melrose.
I remember it well as I was there and walked (yeah i know!) back across LA to Venice Beach in the early morning where I was staying at the time. I have the flyer in my hand right now!
Shall i upload it?

Ok with a little extra time on my hands, I went a little further down the rabbit hole. I've might have narrowed on an actual venue for this.

I think it was a French restaurant by day, and a Night Club at night called, 'Louis XIV'. The address is, 606 N. La Brea Los Angeles, California (~half block off of Melrose Avenue). It's been closed for awhile, but from the information I collected, promoters Freddy Be and Mick Cole (The BudBrothers) have ties to London's Heavenly Social. Additionally, Mick Cole was the U.S. manager of Deconstruction's America Label. They even promoted their own "Monday Social" event in L.A., which was inspired by the Heavenly Social. Apparently it's still a popular event, but through a different venue.

Here is some sources where I got this from:

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1997-nov-13-ca-53127-story.html

https://www.magneticmag.com/2012/08/16-years-and-still-going-strong-monday-night-social-is-an-edm-culture-institution-hurray-for-house-music/

Wow.

This really belongs on the internet archive or wikipedia or something. This message board is great and all but it's not going to be preserved, and has a limited audience.

The truth is, this is just a small piece of the pie. I haven't even touched UK dates or Europe, I'll leave that for someone with more knowledge of the geography and history.

The main reason I wanted to create this thread is to make it as a beacon for those that might have stumbled across our forum and have an old story to tell. As time moves on, these stories fade, so it's nice to have a place to share them before we forget. I'm doing my best to track down these tour dates and organize them, so we can massage whatever broken memories that might be stuck in some peoples head.

WhiteNoise attempted to do a fan-based wiki page to keep track of stuff like this, but... life. If someone should deem the stuff that I have unearthed worthy of being noted on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chemical_Brothers, by all means, have at it.
Last Edit: Apr 05, 2020, 20:23 by Bosco

Quote from: Bosco on Apr 04, 2020, 05:07
San Francisco :

Chems billed above Mark Wahlberg.
What's a "Wicked Sound clash" anyway?

Is this wicked? (I guess the Loleatta bit kinda is)
Last Edit: Oct 16, 2023, 11:06 by Csar
IT'S MORNING TIME!

LOL. I'm pretty sure Wicked (Sound Clash) is just a residency/label out of San Francisco. Throughout that rave flyer website I have listed, you can see their name/logo pop up in some NY rave flyers "coming from San Francisco" and so forth.

I would imagine if the real Mark Wahlberg was part of this gig, we would have heard about it already.

yeah wicked is a DJ crew here in SF. they are partially responsible for bringing rave culture to the bay area in the early 90s. some of them are still active DJs, and they have an anniversary party here once a year.

Already accounted for but cool to look at:

(embedded emoji, click link for photos)

https://twitter.com/errolk/status/1253788986407034882
Last Edit: Jul 26, 2023, 21:36 by Explud

This was posted on their facbebook page recently, a photo from the 1996 Live105 event they played in San Francisco. Proof they were really there! They look so young.

Is that Jason Bentley (too cool for school) in the middle?

young Tommy Rowlands had a underrated sideburn game

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 31, 2020, 19:55
Is that Jason Bentley (too cool for school) in the middle?

According to the facebook tags, the guy in the sunglasses is someone named 'spud', and the guy at the mic is this guy: https://www.bigrick.com/

Looking at that list, I have been to every NY appearance since 99 with the exception of the 2010 Electric Zoo set (saw them at Ultra Miami instead).

2002   November 2nd - Hammerstein Ballroom, New York City, NY, USA
This show was a bit wild. Audio Bullys, Cassius, and Simian (Mobile Disco) opened. Yes, the Mobile Disco part was in parenthesis because they weren't Simian Mobile Disco (with just Ford and Shaw) yet; it was Simian the entire rock band doing a weird electronic set of their songs and others (I think) on synths, pads, and machines. Hence it was Simian's "mobile disco". Simon Lord was singing. It was similar to what Kevin Parker is doing with Tame Impala Sound System. Actually it's the exact same thing. I don't think I can ever get over how awesome a name Simian Mobile Disco is, btw.

2005   September 16th - Ultra NY, Central Park, New York City, NY, USA
Outdoor set, started in daylight (NY thing, so they end earlier). The visuals crapped out at one point, and I *think* to compensate they just smoked the crowd out with the fog machine every few minutes. I clearly remember during Under the Influence the fog machine just tidal waving over everyone as the bass kicked in; completely enveloped. Couldn't see anything for a good 30 seconds at a clip when they did it. You felt it smashing your face. Loved it.

Last Edit: Apr 13, 2021, 19:35 by Apostle

To comment on your Ultra NY experience,

I absolutely love the full Chemical Brothers visual experience, but I totally think they could scale down and get away with the dirty rave vibe (strobing, smoking, and lazering), without missing much.

Speaking of visuals getting crapped out, it has just about been 10 years since The Chemical Brothers (final?) Coachella performance in 2011. So many mixed emotions that night!

So the trick worked, you updated it  :D
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

I finally found confirmation that they played Hawaii on June 12th, 1997. This is oddly satisfying to find out because I love to hear about oddball/unlikely tour dates like this.

As you'll see, the show was produced by Goldenvoice and tickets were $18.

Thanks to an archive of Honolulu Weekly :