Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

n00b Corner! Introduce yourself here!

• Seal
uh hi, my name is estopa man and ive been a fan of the chemical brothers for like a good year now. my favorite song from them is the universe sent me. I make music now and then. I dont really have anything else to say but its nice to be here :)
I won't back down, give me my thunder.

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Welcome Estopa Man!

Was No Geography your first adventure into the world of The Chems?
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

• Seal
it was yeah!

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Nice!

Would love to hear what you think of their previous work as you discover it.

Especially Galaxy Bounce  :music

• Seal
well actually ive already heard all of their albums and I can say that I thoroughly enjoy most of them (especially further, dig your own hole and no geography :) )

also, i really like galaxy bounce

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team

• Pioneer
  • Not another drugstore, not another town
Hi!  I'm Tyler, but you can call me ; or semi or colon or whatever.  I'm a youngin in Philadelphia and the Chems have kinda always been present in my life (my dad used to play me Galvanize a ton) but when I heard it again in the ad campaign for the Oculus Quest 2, I went back to it and randomly decided to check out the artist.

I've always liked dubstep mostly; I enjoyed some EDM but by the time I discovered the Chems I probably didn't like it if it wasn't dubstep.  But when I checked the Chemical Brothers youtube channel and saw a cool looking robot on the thumbnail of a music video for a song called "Believe," I thought I would check it out.  I thought the song was pretty good, and the music video was pretty weird, but quickly moved on, thinking it was just another average band.  But I found myself thinking about them and the music video often, so I eventually returned and realized I really liked the song. 

I went to check out some more of their music videos; I watched We've Got to Try, The Salmon Dance, and some others, but those two were my favorites, and I started to listen to them often.  I found myself growing more and more to love the few songs I knew.  I needed more.  I checked out their more popular songs.  Then I discovered some youtube videos of their live shows, and was blown away.  I went to the songs I heard in those live shows that sounded cool and fell in love with them too. 

Long story short, I found the Chems, loved them, and I'm still in the process of slowly going through their whole discography in a weird order.  First I listened to Surrender, then No Geography, then We are The Night, then Dig Your Own Hole, then Exit Planet Dust.  I'm taking it slow as to give myself time to enjoy each album after discovering them.  I have my few favorite songs from that album that I listen to nonstop, then things calm down, at which point I move onto the next album.  I plan on listening to Push the Button next, but for now, I can't go a day without listening to almost all of Exit Planet Dust. 

I have a ton of opinions to share, and frankly, I hope I don't get annoying, but for the purpose of this intro post, my favorite songs are Dig Your Own Hole, Not Another Drugstore, Under The Influence, Hey Boy Hey Girl, Flashback (normal and psychedelic mix), and Believe.  My favorite album (of the ones I've listened to) is Dig Your Own Hole and my favorite era of the live show is around 2002, the release of Come With Us. 

Thanks for reading this unnecessarily long intro, I hope I didn't bore you guys too much lol. 
Just here to further fuel my obsession with the Chems

• Burst Generator
  • trying
Welcome newbies!

It's good to have new blood! Feel free to reopen discussions/topics and share your opinions. Some of us old heads who have been on here way too long might have "heard it all", but hearing new opinions and angles sometimes exactly what we need to perk up the forum.

As a heads up, things might not be too active around here until some new releases or new shows get announced. So please don't be discouraged if you don't see anybody acknowledging your posts right away. I assure you though, you're amongst the company of some of the most dedicated fans of The Chemical Brothers in the world. We are definitely here to share the love of their music!

• Pioneer
  • Not another drugstore, not another town
Welcome newbies!

It's good to have new blood! Feel free to reopen discussions/topics and share your opinions. Some of us old heads who have been on here way too long might have "heard it all", but hearing new opinions and angles sometimes exactly what we need to perk up the forum.

As a heads up, things might not be too active around here until some new releases or new shows get announced. So please don't be discouraged if you don't see anybody acknowledging your posts right away. I assure you though, you're amongst the company of some of the most dedicated fans of The Chemical Brothers in the world. We are definitely here to share the love of their music!

Awesome, I look forward to taking a closer look around here when I get the chance and sharing opinions!
Just here to further fuel my obsession with the Chems

• Swoon Arpeggios..
  • The ChemBase Team
  • ..and Star Guitar horny synth
Awesome, I look forward to taking a closer look around here when I get the chance and sharing opinions!
Please welcome, mate!
Hi Kevin!

• Swoon Arpeggios..
  • The ChemBase Team
  • ..and Star Guitar horny synth

Wait, have you decided to give up with the Star Guitar? huh?
Hi Kevin!

• Peter the Bellboy
  • The ChemBase Team
Wait, have you decided to give up with the Star Guitar? huh?

Galaxy Bounce has always been life.
Much as I love (and especially love the live version of) Star Guitar.

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!