Remember, Remember, No Geography

Record Store Day 2020 predictions

Started by whitelabel84, Feb 15, 2020, 09:19

Previous topic - Next topic
- The first one for me would be the 12min version of the Avalanches mix of 'Out Of Control' 12".
Even though I'm not the biggest fan of this remix but would make sense to whack it on a single-sided 12" and also it has never seen the light of day... The artwork would be the alternate Kate Gibb cover we've been seeing

- Secondly, I would still love to see a 3x12" 'Brothers Gonna Work It Out' vinyl set (but not holding my breath)

- Or 'Don't Think' live 2LP set..??

Thoughts anyone...

Which reminds me...

anybody check in on the old PRS database? it's been a while.

I forgot how to access it and I don't remember if you need an account or not

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2020, 21:22

Which reminds me...

anybody check in on the old PRS database? it's been a while.

I forgot how to access it and I don't remember if you need an account or not

What is PRS?

Quote from: neorev on Feb 18, 2020, 01:49

What is PRS?

Performing Rights Society

https://www.prsformusic.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRS_for_Music

We discovered back when new songs were trickling out for No Geography, new song titles were registered on the website before they were officially announced to the public (or at least I believe thats how it went).

Anyways, I think we were using a French version of PRS though which could be switched to English, it's in one of the older threads... I'll try and find it...

Edit: https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,1074.0.html
Last Edit: Feb 19, 2020, 20:23 by Bosco

I just had a peep through PRS. Nothing caught my eye, though it can be hard to see what's new there (if anything), as there's no way to arrange by date of amendment.

My Elastic Eye was considered a "new registered work', which had me excited for a CWU anniversary release, but, nothing else from the album was newly registered so who knows what that was actually about.

To go against Shakermaker's instructions, my wish would be for an EP of the Galileo music from Tom. It's criminal that only a few people got to hear those tracks.

Predictions wise? Probably nothing from The Chems. The Surrender release was pretty dang recent, and that was pretty soon after No Geography.
Maybe we could get a 12" of Eve of Dubstruction? But it seems highly unlikely.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

There will be two Chem Bros related releases:
1. The Charlatans - The Charlatans vs. The Chemical Brothers (5 remixes)
2. The Chemical Brothers - Surrender To Love (2 remixes)

Quote from: M_O_N_O on Mar 05, 2020, 07:39

There will be two Chem Bros related releases:
1. The Charlatans - The Charlatans vs. The Chemical Brothers (5 remixes)
2. The Chemical Brothers - Surrender To Love (2 remixes)

I had a look through the SACEM list a week or two back and I noticed "Surrender To Love" was on there. I don't remember it being there before. It kinda makes sense to put that full length OOC remix out on RSD.

The RSD website doesn't have the full list up yet although they do tell us U2, David Bowie & Manic Street Preachers to release special one-off Record Store Day releases for War Child .
The Manics release, "Done & Dusted" includes the Dust/Chem Bros remix of La Tristessa.

And I know there's a printed list going around  - one or two pics of it have ended up on Social Media. On the list we can see: New Order's Peel Sessions (1982 - nothing new musically but a new Peter Saville Sleeve), and stuff by Neil Young, Notorious BIG, Pink Floyd, Prince, and Primal Scream's Loaded 12" (presumably coincidental to Andrew Weatherall's death).

**STOP PRESS**. Wait, MONO speaks the truth!

Chemical Brothers Surrender To Love 12"
"20th anniversary release from Ed and Tom containing two mixes never before released on vinyl by The Avalanches"

The Charlatans UK v The Chemical Brothers. LP
(yes they're calling it an LP)
"All five Charlatans/Chemical Brothers remixes together on vinyl for the first time"

Lothar & The Hand People is on the list (one for trainspotter Chems fans)
And The Magic Numbers

Warmduscher who I just posted in the Soulwax thread last night, also.

Good to see Ace Of Bass on there too. A 7" picture disc of The Sign is what my collection has been missing... ;)

Pictures of list (scroll)
More list-y version of list

NEW EDIT The official list was posted to the RSD Website an hour ago
Last Edit: Mar 05, 2020, 19:01 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Surrender To Love
Charltans Chems remixes
Manics Chems remixes
The Cinematic Orchestra - Crimson Wing soundtrack
Air - Virgin Suicides soundtrack
FSOL - Cascade
Amorphous Androgynous
Mar-Keys
Bamboos
Hitchhikers Guide
Beck/St. Vincent
The Cure
New Order
Maybe that Erasure...

Just take ALL my fucking money already.

Surrender To Love is not on US list.   >:(

Nor are Cinematic Orchestra, FSOL, Bamboos, Mar Keys, etc.

What!? Why the fuck not!?

That's so whack. I had put RSD into the calendar and was all ready to explain to my wife why I need to buy another Chemical Brothers vinyl, but I guess that energy was wasted.
You think there's any way we can push for them to release it over here? Or... probably too late if decisions have been made already.

Man. What a bummer.

Maybe I can persuade my brother to go shopping for me...

Good find guys.

Too bad about the OoC remix for my stateside peeps, but Actually quite happy about the Charlatans vs Chemical Brothers.

Some US/Canada shops can sometimes get UK/outside North America releases for RSD. I think it depends on what distros they work with. I'm crossing my fingers the shop I help out at will be able to swing it for me!

For North Americans fretting over the 12", consider this:

CHEMICAL was the last Chemical RSD release. It cost £14 sterling at the time.
Checking Discogs there are currently 92 12"s on sale, with prices starting at £6.30.

So, they're cheaper than the original price and you don't have to stand in a queue for an hour hoping the store hasn't run out of stock.

If you wait 6 to 8 weeks after RSD, people have moved on to Summer and forgotten all about this stuff. The price levels off; easy purchase delivered to your door.

Failing that, someone will probably rip the vinyl. Or a digital version will appear officially at some point.
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Good points. Thanks for levelling our heads!

Both, the Avalanches and the Charlatans releases are available in germany. Hope i found the time to went to one of the stores and spent some money
no idea, no idea

Just checked the recordstoreday site, its been postponed...

"We've decided that the best of all possible moves is to change the date of Record Store Day this year to Saturday, June 20.

We think this gives stores around the world the best chance to have a profitable, successful Record Store Day, while taking into consideration the recommendations of doctors, scientists, the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control, and the need to be good citizens of both local and worldwide communities.

We're working with all of our partners and our stores to make this change as smooth as possible for everyone who participates in Record Store Day: customers, record stores, artists, labels and more.  Record Store Day is everywhere and we want to hold our party when everyone can gather around safely to celebrate life, art, music and the culture of the indie record store."