Don't Think Just Let It Flow

David Guetta Hey Boy Hey Girl remix

Started by Ben_j, Mar 22, 2020, 11:04

Previous topic - Next topic
David Guetta just released a remix of HBHG under his Jack Back alias. It bothers me that it's not labeled as a remix, and doesn't mention the Chems but what else can you expect from Guetta...
Not to mention this is probably ghost produced like all of his work.

Damn I liked Positiva Records in the 90's
Can you imagine ..... an extra-terrestrial disc jockey? Like, listening to radio waves from space? It was unbelievable!

Someone posted this on the Brotherhood!! FB page a couple of days ago. I couldn't be bothered to post it here.
Are we sure that "remix" is the correct term? I thought it was a cover version using the original samples.
I remember Explud commenting on here that if you use lots of samples in your music, sooner or later someone is gonna come along and recreate your track really closely. I got the impression that this was one of those.
Having said that, the YT description does credit T&E and Steve Dub. So hey, what do I know?
Maybe The Chems didn't actually want their name on it??

Giving it another listen now and it's not that bad. If someone on the forum did this we would doubtless be praising them to the rafters.

EDIT
Discogs says Jack Back used to be Guetta + Nicky Romero.
And Romero has previous form with HBHG (now THIS is bad!):
Last Edit: Mar 22, 2020, 13:42 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It only reminds me how great and rich in "color" the original is. This coveremix is kinda bland and forgettable, only meant to be played at those Tomorrowland festivals where people aren't really paying attention to the music itself and are more interested in the "boom-factor" and maybe a recognizable sample.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 22, 2020, 12:35

Giving it another listen now and it's not that bad. If someone on the forum did this we would doubtless be praising them to the rafters.
If you like that you'll love this:

Never for money, always for love.

They can't omit this one from the live set either now like Do It Again was (thanks again steve aoki  :D)
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Mar 22, 2020, 12:35

Having said that, the YT description does credit T&E and Steve Dub. So hey, what do I know?
Maybe The Chems didn't actually want their name on it??
Oh yeah, I didn't see those credits. And that answers my other question, it seems to be ghost produced by Timofey Reznikov.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Mar 23, 2020, 03:33

If you like that you'll love this:

Ha funny guy!
What really disappointed me about this was the fact that New Order's twitter actually retweeted this in January.
https://twitter.com/anjunabeats/status/1220320064404172800

Fun fact. They had been doing a DJ weapon version with Bernards vocals for a couple of years.
I'm grateful that they used another vocalist for the released version. Otherwise it could have been deemed "official" New Order!!
IT'S MORNING TIME!