As I Walked Along the Supposed Golden Path

Reflexion

Started by Stefan, Jul 29, 2015, 09:05

Previous topic - Next topic
No own topic for Reflexion yet?

This song is angels frolicking on your eardrums.

GAAAAAAH! Why has this album still not turned up in my mailbox!
So yeah, I haven't had a chance to listen to this song in all it's glory on BITE, but I did listen to a lot in youtube recordings of live shows back before BITE was even announced, and I fell in love with it. More than anything, this is the song that's got me so excited for the album. My favourite Chemical Brothers song (actually my favourite song ever, come to think of it) would almost certainly be Burst Generator. One of the best things about the Chemical Brothers is the amount of detail in all of their songs. All the little whurrs and whistles that play in the background, but Burst Generator played them in the foreground. Every single noise has impact, and it's all so perfectly timed and tuned that it all somehow works together. Reflexion is the same thing, an onslaught of synth madness that manages to hold all the plates in the air. Every time I listen to it, my mind goes back to Burst Generator, and the way I felt the first time I heard it.
Perfexion. ;D
The devil is in the details

Love it, dunno why they didnt include the full length version on the album,  yeah, so glad to finally have it after listening to those youtube clips for so long.

I absolutely love this track, I have heard them play different versions of it in some DJ sets, it takes me back to seeing them at the Home nightclub in Sydney with less than 1000 people, what a night. This song is one of my all time Chems favourites.

aside from what happened to the ending it's the most perfect song on the record.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 31, 2015, 12:26

aside from what happened to the ending
The ending of Reflexion was my first comment on BITE. It sounds like they just pulled the plug on the recording equipment.
I got used to it after the umpteenth listening, but it's still weird.

Album finally arrived!
Yeah, this is totally the best song on the album for me.
I think it sounded better live, probably cause the audience made it sound a little busier. Now that I'm listening to it, my Burst Generator comparison seems a little less valid, but I still hear a lot of that song in here. It sounds like Burst Generator meets The Private Psychedelic Reel.
Yeah, the ending could be a little better. I've always hated when a song doesn't end, but just fades out as the band continues to play. I'm not sure if this Reflexion's end better or worse than that...
The devil is in the details

This reminds me of reflexion a bit. Every now and then Death in Vegas/Richard Fearless will have similar sounds I've noticed over the years:

...'cause I don't like whats going on in the world. I'm scared of that...

There is more to the berlin washboard

Deep, wondrous depth

I believe
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

any live video??
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

thanks! ;)
I CAN'T SEEM TO SHAKE THIS FEELING
I CAN'T SEEM TO PUT IT DOWN,DOWN,DOWN,DOWN...

Quote from: NiCk.Dj on Mar 25, 2016, 14:24

thanks! ;)

No problem ! I don't think there are much Reflexion videos out there, because they all got put down. I had to upload that one on Dailymotion because YouTube rejected it right away.

There's also this one

but it's basically the same from another point of view and with more of the encore sweeps and bleeps. Actually I don't even know if they've played Reflexion other than at Rockhal and the pre-Sonar show ?
Last Edit: Mar 25, 2016, 20:52 by Ben_j

I did not realize they ever played this live, that rock I'm living under is doing a great job!

I love the live intro!

Certainly wanting to see their set with Reflexion in it...

If only I had more money. Right now.

I mean, apparently, later that won't be a problem. But right now, I don't have enough laying around to warrant feeling okay about jumping on a plane to Europe to see them at SW4. Sad.

Jump a plane and see them in France, with me!

Quote from: Ben_j on Mar 25, 2016, 20:50

I don't even know if they've played Reflexion other than at Rockhal and the pre-Sonar show ?
Are you sure they played it at the Pre-Sonar show? Setlist.fm says otherwise, but of course it could be wrong.

Quote from: Stefan on Mar 27, 2016, 08:50

Are you sure they played it at the Pre-Sonar show? Setlist.fm says otherwise, but of course it could be wrong.
That would be the regular Sonar show on Setlist.fm, not the pre-show