Ohm Sweet Ohm

[Tour 2021] 2021 Live Dates (Infos on re-scheduled and new shows)

Started by Csar, May 28, 2020, 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic
The Woo sample is...Janet Jackson?? (0:12)

(edited because the original YT upload I posted went dead)
Last Edit: Mar 19, 2022, 14:47 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 13, 2021, 17:59

Intro (or maybe segue from the privious track) into what shall henceforth be known as "Stefan Clips" track:

The intro was posted on the chems' story recently, sounds like the vocal is saying "And I feel like I'm dreaming", guess time will tell whether or not it's actually a part of the song
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

One of the stories that the official insta account reposted had a series of vids on the guy's actual account...and I might be totally wrong but it sounded/looked like the Stefan Clips and the Woo Track were part of the same song. Anyone who was there can confirm that is not the case and I got it twisted?

Quote from: Enjoyed on Dec 14, 2021, 01:32

"Stefan Clips" could so easily be a Double A side with Papal Disco. Thought it was the same song in that first Printworks IG clip. Took me straight back to Galileo club scene.
Definetly, although, this song reminds me of 3 little birdies sorta mixed up with WEP, hope they make this song at least 9 minutes long, and mix it with escape velocity on concerts
For the woo-track, I like it but it kinda feels the same way i feel for EoD. I think it would work absolutely great as a studio track, but maybe on live versions it might not work that way.
With the other songs I actually think some of them are gonna get Superflash'd or Problem:Question'd, but I just don't think which song would be as all of them sound great but maybe not album-level good? Maybe we get to see them a la Loops of Fury??
Insomnia.

Quote from: Zesty on Dec 15, 2021, 05:22
Maybe we get to see them a la Loops of Fury??

Go on, i'm totaly in for an E.P. like Loops or Fourteenth or Mercury  8)

But it's unlikely that they will release a new E.P. while the new album is in the pipes and with TDTYF a first single of it is already released.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 14, 2021, 22:44
I wonder what its origin is though.
I have it in my Korg Electribe sound bank, so i think it might be just from massive Korg Sampler/Rompler library or from another vendor.
Last Edit: Dec 15, 2021, 16:41 by Explud
Hi Kevin!

Quote from: Explud on Dec 15, 2021, 13:45

I have it in my Korg Electribe sounds bank, so i think it might be just from massive Korg Sampler/Rompler library or from another vendor.
You're ruling out my suggestion above? Could Korg have nicked it from Ms Jackson?

Another Woo track - that we probably all know. Listen from 5:20 for lots of Woos (and earlier in the track too):

Check out the start of the a cappella version of Pleasure Principle:

(edited beacuse, as with the other Janet video I posted above, the YT upload had died)
Last Edit: Mar 19, 2022, 14:50 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 15, 2021, 15:13
You're ruling out my suggestion above?
Nope.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 15, 2021, 15:13
Could Korg have nicked it from Ms Jackson?
Why not, by permission.
Hi Kevin!

Or maybe Ms Jackson is using this as a sample under license from somewhere
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Apostle on Dec 15, 2021, 00:36

One of the stories that the official insta account reposted had a series of vids on the guy's actual account...and I might be totally wrong but it sounded/looked like the Stefan Clips and the Woo Track were part of the same song. Anyone who was there can confirm that is not the case and I got it twisted?
I don't think so - based on my video timestamps Woo was played 1hr after Stefan clips - I was there but couldn't say for 100% as someone said they played Woo twice (i don't remember this though happening though honestly). This video has both in near the start and has both near the start as separate clips -
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

I't be very very surprised if Woo and Stefan Clips turn out to be the same song, they sound completely different.

Thank you! The Insta story the guy had was cut up in a way that made it seem possible. Appreciate the reply, thanks for the videos.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Dec 15, 2021, 21:48

I don't think so - based on my video timestamps Woo was played 1hr after Stefan clips - I was there but couldn't say for 100% as someone said they played Woo twice (i don't remember this though happening though honestly). This video has both in near the start and has both near the start as separate clips -

Maybe it was played by another DJ at the same night? Erol Alkan was also performing and he's been known to demo new chems tracks too, he probably played the Woo track at some point in the night
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Dec 16, 2021, 00:08

Maybe it was played by another DJ at the same night? Erol Alkan was also performing and he's been known to demo new chems tracks too, he probably played the Woo track at some point in the night
He did play HBHG although it was pretty hard to make out over whatever else he was playing. I didn't watch his full set but a good amount of it

Dunno if someone already posted it, but here's another 2 minutes long video of our beloved Woo track!

This one, or that other Further vibe one would defo mark the EBW13, can't wait to hear the Woo one on their gigs
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Ben_j on Dec 14, 2021, 22:44

The Woo sample is a pretty classic sound, used for example by Luke Vibert (in an album where he uses a lot of classic, almost cliché samples). I wonder what its origin is though.

I hear some things in here...