Push the Button

[Tour 2021] 2021 Live Dates (Infos on re-scheduled and new shows)

Started by Csar, May 28, 2020, 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 06, 2021, 09:24

Don't forget to record The Darkness... WEP and other surprises!

I'll try my best. 👍

Quote from: nalaknip on Jul 06, 2021, 11:12

Quote from: JRSZ on Jul 06, 2021, 09:24

Don't forget to record The Darkness... WEP and other surprises!
I'll try my best. 👍
Well, first and foremost don't forget to have fun and enjoy the f out of this gig dancing your behind off! I'm so happy for you! And chances are looking pretty good that it will take place as scheduled!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 06, 2021, 18:22

I'll try my best. 👍

Well, first and foremost don't forget to have fun and enjoy the f out of this gig dancing your behind off! I'm so happy for you! And chances are looking pretty good that it will take place as scheduled!

The most important thing!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chemical-brother-tom-rowlands-on-returning-to-latitude-festival-6x5hzqvzv?fbclid=IwAR1N136G3AV2ZcBflhZ7Hjl-oJr5vFyqZGvE1KoXKRi4IGstwhPvO5a7Ag4

Tom is speaking about the upcoming Latitude Festival performance

Sadly, I'm not able to read the full thing becuase of need for subscribtion, so if someone could copy-paste the whole article for us, I'd be thankful <3
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

^Excited about what this is going to be about
Quote from: Tom
"It will be emotional," the band's Tom Rowlands says from his home in Lewes, East Sussex. "I could still be blubbing by the encore."
Will it be 2015 iTunes Festival Snow Surface kind of epic?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Jul 09, 2021, 19:28

^Excited about what this is going to be aboutWill it be 2015 iTunes Festival Snow Surface kind of epic?

please don't be a split announcement PLEASE!!!!! I can't handle another "Daft Punk" this year.
but on a positive note, Encores returning to festivals?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 10, 2021, 22:48

please don't be a split announcement PLEASE!!!!! I can't handle another "Daft Punk" this year.

I rather think about being able to play with all that situation we live in right now.
I don't think, that they would split right now, not without the final album and tour to say goodbye.
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Csar on Jul 09, 2021, 19:28

Snow Surface

Still waiting for a studio version of this. You listening Mr. Simons and Mr. Rowlands? I'M WAITING!
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Conn6orsuper117 on Jul 10, 2021, 22:48

I'd argue between the 2018-2019 gigs and the pandemic they got a new lease on life. NYC 2 years ago (wtf) was probably the most energetic I've seen the duo on stage so I think they're gonna stick around for years to come.

Tom was def talking about more the aspect of the show and the feeling of returning to the stage, and....I should hope so because I love when the Chems have those uplifting moments in their shows

Also Snow/Surface should just...never leave the set...ever
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

The fact that I used my one free trial of the Sunday Times that each of us is allotted at birth to access this article better be a part of my Fan Rep from now on:

No one will notice, but there are likely to be tears in the eyes of the Chemical Brothers when they headline Latitude festival in a fortnight's time. The duo, as usual, will be half-hidden on stage behind towers of electronic equipment. The full-capacity crowd, the first at a top-tier UK festival since Covid struck, should be spellbound by 3D visuals of a cast of dance music's most distinctive characters.
"It will be emotional," the band's Tom Rowlands says from his home in Lewes, East Sussex. "I could still be blubbing by the encore."
He and his partner, Ed Simons, were in final rehearsals for gigs last year — scheduled for parks from Colombia to Italy — when suddenly they were stuck at home. "The timing couldn't have been worse," Rowlands says.
The Chemical Brothers had toured for much of 2019, in support of their double Grammy award-winning ninth album, No Geography. In the UK they packed arenas and wowed Glastonbury for the tenth time. In the US two anonymous Brits nearing 50 years old sold out stadiums. Thirty years into their career the Chemical Brothers have never been bigger.
"To see fans back at football matches while festivals are forced to cancel for a second year is inexplicable to me," Rowlands says. "Why is one more important than the other? It's the same shared experience that's fundamental to us all."
Rowlands is just as angry at a government that has abandoned the club scene in which the Chemical Brothers started out as DJs having met at the University of Manchester. "Clubland had already been hollowed out pre-pandemic," he says. "I don't want to bang on about the good old days, but clubbing was how you found your tribe. It's still vital to young lives, an experience you don't get through a screen.
"What's weird is that we have a generation of people in powerful positions who grew up seeing the seismic shift in arts and industry that came from club culture. They went to festivals. Some of them still do. But ask them to recognise either in a formal way, as they do in other countries, and there's silence."
Rowlands and the London-based Simons coped with a year of cancellations by making music, remotely at first. At home Rowlands came across an obscure 7in single he had bought years ago on a whim for a dollar.
"It was a song from an American kids' TV show called The Bugaloos, created by the guys behind The Banana Splits," Rowlands says. "I'd played it once before and dismissed it, but this time its strangeness spoke to me. The female vocal was arch and icy. It summed up how I was feeling."
He paired a sample of the vocal with another from a Soul Brothers Six song for the basis of what became the Chemical Brothers' new single, The Darkness That You Fear.
"What's great about samples is that they speak for you, articulate your emotions," Rowlands says. "The moment I heard this icy voice beside a raw male vocal, a huge wave of optimism hit me.
"Then one of my kids came into the studio, which they never do. None of them has the slightest interest in our music. For the first time my daughter said, 'Oh, that's quite good, Dad.' I could have cried."
The emotional heft of the Chemical Brothers' club music is what has kept them having hits, despite dance music ceding its place on playlists to hip-hop and R&B. Their sets are packed with classics that haven't dated.
"We never tweak our old songs," Rowlands says. "We love them because they captured how we felt in, say, 1997. Would you want to hear the Stones update their old songs? Of course not . . ."
The duo must, I imagine, be furious that their global success is barely recognised in Britain. They've won six of the 14 Grammys they've been nominated for, yet their sole Brit award win was in 2000 and they were last nominated for a Mercury prize in 1999. "That's not how we roll," Rowlands says. "It's not an issue that even interests me. The only time Ed and I went to the Grammys was the first time we won, in 1998, when awards were a new experience for us. The ceremony was so long and impenetrable that we decided to nip out to a bar across the street for a break. By the time we returned we'd missed being given our award. Even then we found it funny."
The Chemical Brothers headline Latitude on Jul 24. Their new single, The Darkness That You Fear, is out now
Last Edit: Jul 16, 2021, 04:11 by Champiness
Quote from: androidgeoff on Apr 17, 2019, 20:16

I need the Miguel version of the album

Quote from: Champiness on Jul 16, 2021, 04:03

The fact that I used my one free trial of the Sunday Times that each of us is allotted at birth to access this article better be a part of my Fan Rep from now on:

Thank you a lot!

"Rowlands and the London-based Simons coped with a year of cancellations by making music"

I feel, that we'll get some premieres!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: Csar on May 28, 2020, 15:43

2021/07/24 UK, Suffolk ➣ Latitude Fastival NEWLY ADDED SHOW
Time: tba
Info: latitudefestival.com/news
Tickets: https://www.latitudefestival.com/tickets/

Anyone recording this? Is it being broadcast somewhere?

Quote from: Csar on May 28, 2020, 15:43

August

2021/08/22 - Netherlands, Biddinghuizen ➣ Lowlands Festival
Time: tba
Info: https://lowlands.nl/programma/the-chemical-brothers/
Tickets: https://lowlands.nl/tickets/

This festival is probably niet going forward as well. Dutch government will give the go or nogo only the monday before. And Pukkelpop (same weekend in Belgium) has already been cancelled.
Last Edit: Jul 24, 2021, 21:39 by Joslyn

Quote from: Champiness on Jul 16, 2021, 04:03
...In the US two anonymous Brits nearing 50 years old sold out stadiums.

eh? stadiums?

Is it confirmed that the chembros will play at electric picnic? They were confirmed for last year's festival but it didn't happen, so, any chance they will perform there?
Insomnia.

Quote from: Zesty on Aug 09, 2021, 23:12

Is it confirmed that the chembros will play at electric picnic? They were confirmed for last year's festival but it didn't happen, so, any chance they will perform there?
Pretty sure Electric Picnic has been cancelled - the irish county won't let them do it.

—-
New DJ set show just announced for December in Printworks, London
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

They'll be playing a DJ Set at Printworks on december 12th, alongside Erol Alkan, Justin Robertson and James Holroyd. Noisia is also set to play their "last ever London show" (because they're splitting) at Printworks on the 10th.

Man, if I my baby wasn't due 3 days before that date, I would definitely try to go :D

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 10, 2021, 11:29

Man, if I my baby wasn't due 3 days before that date, I would definitely try to go :D

Congrats man! I just became a father for the first time in April this year :)

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 10, 2021, 11:29

They'll be playing a DJ Set at Printworks on december 12th, alongside Erol Alkan, Justin Robertson and James Holroyd. Noisia is also set to play their "last ever London show" (because they're splitting) at Printworks on the 10th.

And I hope, thet they'll test the new material here ;)
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?