Yeah, We Will Live Again

[Tour 2021] 2021 Live Dates (Infos on re-scheduled and new shows)

Started by Csar, May 28, 2020, 15:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: JRSZ on Nov 17, 2021, 15:55

Yo, is anyone going to tommorow's DJ Set?
I can't wait for some recordings ❤️

Will try my best for you guys :) only an hour set unfortunately looking forward to Fatboy Slim directly before too!
Live: Latitude 2021, Field Day 2022, Kalorama 2022, o2 Arena 2023
DJ: Fabric 2021, Printworks 2021, Printworks 2022, Glastonbury 2023

This is a fundraiser event which is why I didn't previously mention it.
I wouldn't bet much money on them playing obscure tunes such as unreleased Chemicals.
However I'm sure Fatboy immediately followed by Chems will be lots of fun for those attending!

https://twitter.com/fabriclondon/status/1460986233610551310

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Fatboy would be playing right after chems? Daaamn
Now we only lack the Prodigy for our Bigbeat trio night
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

This was fantastic (goes without saying really). The only Chems track played was about 10 seconds of Darkness, by the time i got my recorder out it had finished pretty much. No new material i don't think

Quote from: gfa2001 on Nov 19, 2021, 12:05

This was fantastic (goes without saying really). The only Chems track played was about 10 seconds of Darkness, by the time i got my recorder out it had finished pretty much. No new material i don't think

I saw a snippet of the Tom's mix of Lack of Love (which is on his soundcloud btw), amazing track!
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Looked through my voicenotes and have a good 30 seconds of darkness you fear actually, it was the HAAI remix. Go intro also teased

We were right next to the booth can't have been more than 3m from Tom for most of it. If anyone has any idea, track IDs on the other two recordings would be amazing

Emily Eavis was also about, and one of the other highlights was this Enjoy The Silence remix in room 3, was terrific

Quote from: gfa2001 on Nov 20, 2021, 11:42

Looked through my voicenotes and have a good 30 seconds of darkness you fear actually, it was the HAAI remix. Go intro also teased

We were right next to the booth can't have been more than 3m from Tom for most of it. If anyone has any idea, track IDs on the other two recordings would be amazing
The vocal on the "woo" track sounds like something from the early 80s. I feel like I know that voice but can't place it (Jeremy Healey from his Haysi Fantayzee days? Martin Degville from Sigue Sigue Sputnik?). The other track? Don't know, but the sound of the bass synth feels familiar. Maybe it reminds me of "Through Me" or something.

Quote from: JRSZ on Nov 19, 2021, 17:54

I saw a snippet of the Tom's mix of Lack of Love
The only clip I've seen is in this instagram post the third 'slide' or part of the post. Appears to be Norm+Tom+Ed in the booth together with a Rockafeller Skank remix playing. Wondering what the source was for Lack of Love clip - did it have others?
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Saw a short clip on Annie Mac's Instastory

=> https://www.sendspace.com/file/uq0kp0

edit:
maybe we should put up a seperate thread for the event? some mod or admin could move all relevant posts to it
no idea, no idea

Quote from: gfa2001 on Nov 20, 2021, 11:42

Emily Eavis was also about, and one of the other highlights was this Enjoy The Silence remix in room 3, was terrific

The bassline on both things is really nice, but also, both of them sounds somewhat familliar, dunno if they are the new Chems stuff, but they sounds like a possible Chems tracks
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Nov 20, 2021, 14:48

The bassline on both things is really nice, but also, both of them sounds somewhat familliar, dunno if they are the new Chems stuff, but they sounds like a possible Chems tracks

The woo track seems a common sample, did a bit more research earlier (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo!_Yeah!). Doubt its a new song, seems its a very common sample. Didn't get anywhere on the other one, they were just two i liked rather than guesses at new tracks.

The bit with Norman and both brothers in the booth was at the end of his set, I guess they were just getting ready - Chems, Fatboy and Annie Mac were in the booth a good bit of eachothers sets

Quote from: gfa2001 on Nov 20, 2021, 15:13

The woo track seems a common sample, did a bit more research earlier (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woo!_Yeah!). Doubt its a new song, seems its a very common sample.

Wrong woo! That Wikipedia article is talking about this woo (+ drum) at around 01:22 which was in lots of late 80s/early 90's house/rave tracks.

in fact even Lyn's vocal was included in this track:

The "woo" in that voicenotes clip is performed by whoever the vocalist on the track is, I believe.
Last Edit: Nov 20, 2021, 17:25 by Wolkenkrabber
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 20, 2021, 17:17

Wrong woo! That Wikipedia article is talking about this woo (+ drum) at around 01:22 which was in lots of late 80s/early 90's house/rave tracks.

The "woo" in that voicenotes clip is performed by whoever the vocalist on the track is, I believe.
Ah yeah, I did find it but sent the wrong link from my search history and seem to have lost it again, ah well

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Nov 20, 2021, 17:17

The so calles "Think Break"
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Little preview for the WHP dj set, caption states "so much new music to share" ... now is that new Chems or just new digs they're loving?

Well, I guess this could be a good chance of being new material because they mentioned having produced lots new things during corona. Fingers crossed.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Tbh it doesn't sound like Chems.

Can't get enough of Yam the Cat chilling to Ed's DJ skills.

Oh yeah I didn't think this preview was specifically new material, but moreso reading deeper into the caption! Fingers crossed.

Anyone going who can record it?

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/djing-manchester-uni-biggest-dance-22259746

Interview with a big manchester newspaper, was on their instagram story. I'm going to Printworks on Sunday and will try get some recordings there.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Dec 05, 2021, 20:25

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/djing-manchester-uni-biggest-dance-22259746

Interview with a big manchester newspaper, was on their instagram story.
I posted this in Chemicals To The World last night.

Quote from: gfa2001 on Dec 05, 2021, 20:25

I'm going to Printworks on Sunday and will try get some recordings there.
That would be a good idea! Don't catch covid!

IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 05, 2021, 20:35

That would be a good idea! Don't catch covid!
Hopefully should be good, have natural immunity currently and both jabs. Really hope these shows happen before another lockdown (fingers crossed not)