Just Get Yourself High

Dig Your Own Hole promo release?

Started by LLG, Jun 15, 2020, 21:57

Previous topic - Next topic
What is this? Is it part of an official promo release?

Details from the for sale page:
"Chemical Brothers Dig Your Own Hole EMPTY BOX for mini lp cd"
"empty box(no cd included)"
"this box is slipcase style box, not a drawer style"

Quote from: LLG on Jun 15, 2020, 21:57

What is this? Is it part of an official promo release?

Details from the for sale page:
"Chemical Brothers Dig Your Own Hole EMPTY BOX for mini lp cd"
"empty box(no cd included)"
"this box is slipcase style box, not a drawer style"

Could've been a promo type thing. I would assume it's fake/bootleg type release based on the fact that there is no sign of a record label (i.e. Virgin, Astralwerks) visible on the box.

For whatever reason they have all the releases from 'Exit Planet Dust' - 'Come With Us' listed on the back of the box, and 'Brothers Gonna Work It Out' is out of chronological order.

The box it-self looks like it can fit about 3 sized jewel case CD's.

You remember those 2-pack cds (Exit Planet Dust/Dig Your Own Hole, Surrender/Come With Us) you use to see on Towerrecords.com or insert your favorite extinct online media retailer here ___. Point being, I never bought one of the 2-pack cds and maybe this is something along the lines of what that was?

Japan had special mini LP CD editions of the 5 releases listed on the back. They were part of the Modern Masters series. Perhaps this box is to house the 5 releases. I have the 5 releases and quite like them. They're like gatefold wallets, but slightly larger and thicker cardstock and match their vinyl releases, just CD size. They actually give the vinyl labels as pieces of art where the CD art is LP1/Side A. I wish they would do the other releases like this.

It's an unofficial custom made box for the Japanese reissues which neorev mentioned. See http://www.minilpbox.com/shop/html/?387.html