'Til We Meet Again, Oh My Love

Did you know...?

Started by whirlygirl, Jul 31, 2015, 22:47

Previous topic - Next topic
I  thought it would be kinda fun to post little bits of lesser known (or possibly long since forgotten) bits of knowledge or trivia about the Chems here.

It can be anything Chems related.

I'll start.

The Chems used to have two recipes on their website, thanks to a forum inside joke concerning jerk chicken. The recipes were for (you guessed it) jerk chicken and a salmon dish.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

...that I could go to Japan? And back!

Does anyone still have those recipes saved?
Never for money, always for love.

You beat me to it!    :D
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Jul 31, 2015, 22:53

You beat me to it!    :D
Ha! yes

Did you know... that Snow might have originally had percussion, but had it removed late in the process? This was a promotional description of the intro of Further in 2010 back when it was first announced:

It starts with what sounds like an alien morse code transmission; Earth bound signals bouncing off the side of orbiting space debris. Snatches of voices found out in the ether cut through the machine fog, drifting across burbling analogue equipment lovingly kept working long after supposed sell-by date. By the time the click and thump of snare and bass drum arrive, the sounds are all-encompassing, swirling around you with dizzying, disorientating effect. Noises come untethered by constraints of volume, seemingly leaping from the speakers with a life of their own. For a band used to dealing in psychedelics, this time round The Chemical Brothers have really pushed the proverbial envelope.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Jul 31, 2015, 22:52

...that I could go to Japan? And back!
:D

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 01, 2015, 01:17

By the time the click and thump of snare and bass drum arrive, the sounds are all-encompassing, swirling around you with dizzying (...)
I thought this was the description of Escape or the rest of th erecord  ???
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 02, 2015, 20:23

I thought this was the description of Escape or the rest of th erecord  ???
Yeah you might be right about that... it is kinda vauge.

Okay, better trivia:

In 1997, when asked if he had ever shoplifted, Ed replied:

"Yeah. A pair of shorts. They were a really horrible kind of Hawaiian design. I was on holiday in France. I ran like crazy. I was the worst shoplifter. It was just an adrenaline rush, something to spice up my evening."
Last Edit: Aug 04, 2015, 16:08 by WhiteNoise

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 04, 2015, 16:06

Yeah you might be right about that... it is kinda vauge.

Okay, better trivia:

In 1997, when asked if he had ever shoplifted, Ed replied:

"Yeah. A pair of shorts. They were a really horrible kind of Hawaiian design. I was on holiday in France. I ran like crazy. I was the worst shoplifter. It was just an adrenaline rush, something to spice up my evening."

Haha, nice one. Here's the article to the quote
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

The  Air-works  Inflatable  Design  company  made  huge  inflatable  ' We Are the Night '  hands  and placed them  at the  entrance  to  the 2007 Glastonbury  Festival ,  they  were  seen by  thousands of  people as  they  arrived  for the event.

More info about this :

http://airworksinflatables.co.uk/pages/projects_pages/Advertising/Chemical_hands.html

http://www.airworksinflatables.com/newsite/index.php?page=Projects&subpage=Concerts&subitem=Chemical+Brothers
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "

Dude, those are awesome!

I wonder where they are, I want them.

What about the We Are The Night , shop front they had in Horton?

In nature there are neither rewards nor punishment- there are consequences

that's  some cool  shop  frontage  going on there  ,  . . would stop me in my tracks  if  i  saw  that  in the high street   :)
" Everybody  jumpin out of their mind  "