For That Beautiful Feeling

What's up with these song titles?

Started by Bendy1001, Aug 02, 2015, 15:17

Previous topic - Next topic
I wanted to ask a simple question: How the hell am I supposed to pronounce Reflexion?!
Do I pronounce it 'reflexion' as spelt or just 'reflection' to avoid sounding like a knob in conversation?
As members of the Chem's Fanbase, it is our duty to reach conclusive solutions to serious issues like this!

Then I figured: why not make a thread specifically for questions about track titles, as those questions will eventually arrise.
Like, what he hell does K+D+B mean?
The devil is in the details

You could use this online dictionary: http://www.dict.cc/?s=reflexion and press the read button. It's pretty helpful with lots of native speakers.

Edit: And a long time I didn't really grasp the meaning of The Private Psychedelic Reel. But now, I do.
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 15:42 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Csar on Aug 02, 2015, 15:37

You could use this online dictionary: http://www.dict.cc/?s=reflexion and press the read button. It's pretty helpful with lots of native speakers.

Edit: And a long time I didn't really grasp the meaning of The Private Psychedelic Reel. But now, I do.
what's the meaning?
And I feel like I'm dreaming...and I feel like I'm dreaming...

Quote from: hstn on Aug 02, 2015, 15:52

what's the meaning?

Well, maybe I got it all wrong, but since "reel" is a word used in the movie industry for the substrate to shoot with, i.e. film reel, I've come to my conclusion that it's got to be something like your own psychedelic movie that plays in your head (like a blooper reel but private and psychedelic :D). Like a personal memory or something far out that goes on in your head while you think about/ of something, or when you're on drugs and dive into another world or something along those lines.
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 16:40 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Csar's interpretation of the Private Psychadelic Reel is pretty much inline with mine, so not more to add there.

I've been saying Reflexion the same as reflection.

K + D + B - This is one of those times where I wish our archive was searchable.  It's an equation of some kind but I'm not going to try and explain because I don't remember the details. I do know it was discussed on the old forum a bit so hopefully someone who knows or remembers more clearly will speak up.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

I know the name for The Private Psychedelic Reel comes from a rumored/legendary trippy Beatles recording they made for themselves to trip to. Csar's is a great take on it.

K+d+b = 23. Ed came and said so himself! Led to infinitely more speculation.
Never for money, always for love.

I'm pretty sure k+d+b is a tasty breakfast cereal. With 23 essential vitamins and minerals.
Last Edit: Aug 02, 2015, 17:33 by Bosco

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 02, 2015, 20:25

K+D+B is godlike!
That might not be the best answer, but it's the only answer we need!

Shit, that's funny!

Quote from: Csar on Aug 02, 2015, 16:03

Well, maybe I got it all wrong, but since "reel" is a word used in the movie industry for the substrate to shoot with, i.e. film reel, I've come to my conclusion that it's got to be something like your own psychedelic movie that plays in your head (like a blooper reel but private and psychedelic :D). Like a personal memory or something far out that goes on in your head while you think about/ of something, or when you're on drugs and dive into another world or something along those lines.

Just seen this.  Not my interpretation. Perhaps it's my celtic background, but I always assumed Reel = THIS.
Considering Toms interest in Bagpipes/Scotland, this would seem to make sense to me. But hey if I'm mistaken, lets hear from you!

EDIT: I could be wrong actually. Reel as in audio tape reel (from the days when thats what albums were recorded on). Would fit in with the description of the supposed Beatles Reel of psychedelic  tunes as mentioned HERE.
Last Edit: Aug 06, 2015, 09:01 by Skyscraper
IT'S MORNING TIME!

I don't know if it has come up before, but I'm 99% sure the EML in "EML Ritual" stands for English Music Labs, which was a maker of many fine synths / modulars ages ago.

I thought K+D+B was keyboards+drum +bass, then I second guessed it as maybe the initials of Tom's children, but I think they're thanked by first initial in the BITE credits, and it didn't match. Simplest answer is usual the correct one?
Last Edit: Aug 06, 2015, 16:59 by Biff

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Aug 02, 2015, 15:17

How the hell am I supposed to pronounce Reflexion?!
Do I pronounce it 'reflexion' as spelt or just 'reflection' to avoid sounding like a knob in conversation?

Wait, isn't that the same pronunciation ?

Quote from: Biff on Aug 06, 2015, 16:56

I don't know if it has come up before, but I'm 99% sure the EML in "EML Ritual" stands for English Music Labs, which was a maker of many fine synths / modulars ages ago.

We didn't talk about it here but I did make that assumption on the Facebook group. It's kinda like "EMS Monster" which was the working title for Escape Velocity
Last Edit: Aug 07, 2015, 08:32 by Ben_j

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 07, 2015, 08:29

We didn't talk about it here but I did make that assumption on the Facebook group. It's kinda like "EMS Monster" which was the working title for Escape Velocity
I disagree, strongly :P
http://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,129.msg525.html#msg525
— Aurora (The Seed)

In my defense, I didn't know this forum was running until last Saturday.

Quote from: Biff on Aug 07, 2015, 16:11

In my defense, I didn't know this forum was running until last Saturday.
That was not directed at you :D Btw, welcome back from the future, Biff!
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Aug 02, 2015, 16:17

How the hell am I supposed to pronounce Reflexion?!

Quote from: Ben_j on Today at 09:29
Wait, isn't that the same pronunciation ?

Fair point from the Frenchman!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Quote from: Biff on Aug 06, 2015, 16:56

I still have the same thought. It's somehow referring that everytime The Chems are making music playing with their modular toys all around, they're doing some kind of practice regularly performed in a definite manner, an established procedure to create something harmonic with their synths.