Exit Planet Dust

What's up with these song titles?

Started by Bendy1001, Aug 02, 2015, 15:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 02, 2015, 17:17

I know the name for The Private Psychedelic Reel comes from a rumored/legendary trippy Beatles recording they made for themselves to trip to. Csar's is a great take on it.

K+d+b = 23. Ed came and said so himself! Led to infinitely more speculation.
Michael Jordan fan, duh. See, Ed Simons had two loves when growing up: musicals and the Chicago Bulls. He was invited to meet Michael Jordan after his acquisition of the Charlotte Bobcats (now the Hornets, again). MJ offered a chance for Ed to obtain a stake in the Bobcats, but Simons declined, specifying that basketball would take away from his commitment to the Chemistry Brothers.  Michael Jordan was deeply saddened by this news.

Reflexion is pronounced much like Mexico. Refleh-hee-own. 
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 07, 2015, 08:29
Quote from: Bendy1001 on 03-08-2015, 01:17:51

How the hell am I supposed to pronounce Reflexion?!
    Do I pronounce it 'reflexion' as spelt or just 'reflection' to avoid sounding like a knob in conversation?

Wait, isn't that the same pronunciation ?

I probably could've made it clearer. I mean, is it pronounced RefleCTion or RefleCSion?
The devil is in the details

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Aug 08, 2015, 08:11

I probably could've made it clearer. I mean, is it pronounced RefleCTion or RefleCSion?
Oh ! Whell, RefleCTion then.

Other titles that made me always wonder are Lost in the K-hole (maybe an innuendo on drugs?), Piku and Chico's Groove. Wonder who's that Chico and why he's got that nice groove.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: androidgeoff on Aug 07, 2015, 23:40

Reflexion is pronounced much like Mexico. Refleh-hee-own. 

LOL!!! Made me laugh so hard

Quote from: Csar on Aug 11, 2015, 19:16

Other titles that made me always wonder are Lost in the K-hole (maybe an innuendo on drugs?),

I remember reading somewhere that K is a refference to Ketamine. A trip on Ketamin is to be lost in the K-hole.
(but this is a memory from 18 years ago so I could be completely wrong)

Yeah Ketamine or DXM can do that. Piku is the chemical brothers' fortune telling abilities. There is a movie it is named after that just came out. Chico is the nickname of their favorite record store owner.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 16, 2015, 08:46

I remember reading somewhere that K is a refference to Ketamine. A trip on Ketamin is to be lost in the K-hole.
(but this is a memory from 18 years ago so I could be completely wrong)
Yep, I remember it like this as well. In the video to Soulwax' "E-Talking", there is a person trapped in a K-shaped hole in the ground:

If I remember correctly, Piku is named after a boat ?