Jerk Chicken

I've heard about you.... 👍.....😉

Started by Bosco, Oct 29, 2020, 08:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Diane,

Sleepless. A query that has left me open-eyed during this cold 40°F early morning Thursday. As you know, from the result of a global pandemic, I've been quarantined for the last 6+ months. During my self isolation, I've taken it upon myself to return to the cult classic, Twin Peaks. While my screening of the series was invigorating, a peculiar yet familiar sound from Season 2 caught my attention. I will be seeking out the personal opinion of music producers and audiophiles alike (you guys and gals). It's of my opinion that coincidences are just unsolved mysteries. Learn the correlation, solve the mystery.

Jump to 1:00 mark

So what you guys think? Stumbled upon some warm milk?

This is the continual theme for the character, Windom Earle.

Hannah Montana.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

:))

It's funny cause it's probably not a well known double entendre. 'Hanna(-h)' for more or less obvious reasons to this forum. And (Missoula,) 'Montana', is where the director David Lynch came from along with the fictional character from Twin Peaks, Maddy.

But seriously. Is this something that you think they sampled from? or am I completely oblivious and this an easily recreated sound?

It sounds like Chemical Brothers version on 'Container Park' or 'Isolated Howl' is played forward and then reversed or inverted. Am I thinking right?

I wish I could say I used the second part intentionally, too. But I wasn't aware Lynch is from Montana.

Regarding the sound, I wouldn't say it's sampled but it does sound inspired. Lynch is a "weird" guy who I could see liking "weird" sounds as well. So, I totally get why this caught your attention ;)
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)