Maybe I Feel Out of Control

ODD BOD DISTRESS DJ MIX

Started by 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Dec 18, 2020, 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic
So, the bros just dropped the new DJ Mix ;)

fb:

mix itself: https://www.powr.io/music-player/i/27077209?fbclid=IwAR1yHqi_yAwzsOnWqTM703rAjLd3X_zhVkxBM8vlAO_IpiiUJ0H_XwuZXic#page
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

For 2020, this is a great Xmas present from Tom and Ed.

Let the speculation of new tracks begin!
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Yes! Anyone have any ideas on how to download this?

EDIT: I got it. It's a 70 MB, 160 kbps, MP3 file. PM me if you want a link.
Last Edit: Dec 18, 2020, 22:48 by LLG

ugh this is _exactly_ what i need
Eight or over.

Haven't heard it yet, any new tracks, or demos?
How long is it?
Where do I start?
Where do I begin?

Quote from: JRSZ on Dec 18, 2020, 20:53

Haven't heard it yet, any new tracks, or demos?
How long is it?
I'm waiting to listen at home, in peace, and not at work.

It's 1:00:11.

Quote from: LLG on Dec 18, 2020, 19:21

Yes! Anyone have any ideas on how to download this?

EDIT: I got it. It's 70 MB, 160 kbps, MP3. PM me if you want a link.

Hi, I am new to the site and just tried to PM you on here, but I don't think it worked.  Anyway, would you mind sending it to me?  Thank you so much in advance!
Last Edit: Dec 19, 2020, 08:39 by Csar

Quote from: IStirFryUInMyWok on Dec 18, 2020, 21:56

I don't think it worked.
It worked.
Last Edit: Dec 18, 2020, 23:10 by LLG

Not Another Drugstore FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's frustrating that shazaming tracks that I like 4 times in a row will give 4 different results... Might be an indication of new Chems stuff, though ?

Shazamed 3 tracks so far, 4 times each, got 12 different results. Only one rightful match :

Last Edit: Dec 19, 2020, 10:59 by Ben_j

Great Mix!

For those who hoped for new material, I didn't spot anything that sounded like unreleased Chemical stuff.

Quote from: Stefan on Dec 19, 2020, 12:13

I didn't spot anything that sounded like unreleased Chemical stuff

Not even some Clapham Drum Ensemble?
no idea, no idea

Not exactly the Essential Mix, is it?
Feels like a quirky little mess-around-at-home mix rather than something the Chems would present at say, Nuits Sonores.

Nontheless there are some interesting tracks here, albeit no new Chemical tunes.
So far, as a tracklist I have:

Sault: I just want to dance.
Client03: Wavefile dayjob
Swordman Kitala & OFlynn & Ekhe: Heat Flexx
Time Zone: The Wild Style
Maxime Alexander: Take My Hands (nice chunk of acid)
X2: Time Elevation Rhythm (I think Ed played this on his Instagram a while ago)
Damon Bell: Wha Gwan!!
James Welsh: Sink
I posted a couple of James Welsh tracks on the now playing thread back in 2019 (reply 1114)
Eartheater: Inclined
JP Montesino: Viaje Numero Uno (we've had this one before, haven't we?)
Chems: Not Another Drugstore
Criminal Element Orchestra - Put the needle to the record
Phase II - Reachin
IT'S MORNING TIME!

thanks for putting together a tracklist. it really is just a fun little mix, right?
Eight or over.

Quote from: Wolkenkrabber on Dec 24, 2020, 20:10
Not exactly the Essential Mix, is it?
Feels like a quirky little mess-around-at-home mix rather than something the Chems would present at say, Nuits Sonores.

What an extremely ungenerous comment this is. It's not exactly easy for the two of us to work together at the moment given the ever  changing lockdown situation, but we put a lot of care and attention into preparing this mix to provide some kind of entertainment for people, also to support other artists. We have been working on new music as well, but this is what was ready to be shared. I must say it's a little dispiriting to read it being dismissed on your own forum, but guess that's the internet.

Ed

cheers to Ed coming round. sad that it's for a reason
no idea, no idea

Rrrr, and I gave it a like because I was grateful for Wolkenkrabber's providing a tracklist and didn't even notice his tiny slight.
See what you've done, Wolkenkrabber!  >:(

Hope you noticed the other mostly positive receptions, though. And in Wolkenkrabber's defense, I'd say he, like so many of us, is always just excited to hear new material. And for years, this has been a great Where's-the-Chems-Waldo type of guessing game whenever you guys drop mixes.

Thanks for stopping by and for the mix, Ed. Wish you all the best for next year and, please, stay healthy!
Last Edit: Dec 29, 2020, 18:35 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

LOL

Wolkenkrabber! What have you done!!!

But seriously, Ed. Cut the guy some slack. It's just an opinion and the dude puts in his time on this forum. No need to light up one of your more admiring fans. A little johnny come lately of you...

Also, if this is the ice breaker on joining the new(-er) forum, I hope to see you around more often. And if you need someone to pick on, I'll take one for the team and you can bag on me.

Finally, since it's a relatively hot topic and I would like to know... what is your favorite Bond theme?
Last Edit: Dec 29, 2020, 22:22 by Bosco

Quote from: Ed Chemical on Dec 29, 2020, 13:42

What an extremely ungenerous comment this is. It's not exactly easy for the two of us to work together at the moment given the ever  changing lockdown situation, but we put a lot of care and attention into preparing this mix to provide some kind of entertainment for people, also to support other artists. We have been working on new music as well, but this is what was ready to be shared. I must say it's a little dispiriting to read it being dismissed on your own forum, but guess that's the internet.

Ed

Uh oh!! :o TBH i didn't think of it as ungenerous or a "slight". My primary aim was to ID some tracks (because yes, the artists should be highlighted - can you help Ed?). I offered a personal opinion on the kind of mix it is (to my ears).
As far as I'm aware, once something gets put out into the world, the audience forms their opinion on that, be it good, bad or ugly. It's actually not just "the internet", I'm a fan since "Siren" appeared on a JBO comp in 1994. I've bought all the records and have seen the Chems live on a number of occasions.
I wanted to ID the tracks because, as usual, I'm interested when a new Chems mix appears, Y'know, like a fan would be!
If you're reading this Ed, then my note that you played X2: Time Elevation on your insta a while ago might be a clue that I pay attention. I also enjoyed the Maxime Alexander track, hence my "nice chunk of acid" comment.
Feel free to fill us in on any of the tracks we haven't ID'd yet (because yes, we're interested!), And try not to be offended by my "audience opinion". I still don't think it's exactly The Essential Mix (the ones you've done for Radio 1), but that doesn't mean I don't think it has merit!

PS: the track 45 mins into the 2019 Essential Mix was listed as "Unknown". It had marimba or xylophone sounds on it. Can you please tell us about it? And maybe PM the Chems DJ edit of New Order's Fine Time to me? (Like you, I'm also a huge NO fan) Thanks! ;D
IT'S MORNING TIME!