It Doesn't Matter

ODD BOD DISTRESS DJ MIX

Started by 𝒥𝑅𝒮𝒵, Dec 18, 2020, 18:06

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm just glad this mix is here to get me out of my "Dad Bod Distress" phase in life

The Brothers Gonna (Help Me) Work (it) out
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

No! You've turned the page on the thread.
Ed Simons, please go back and read my response to you at the bottom of page 1!
IT'S MORNING TIME!

It's been a while, but time to blow the dust off on this one, wolkenkrabber

honestly, it's been a while since Tom and Ed have taken the piss out on a forum member. Back in my day, I remember this being at least a biannual occurence .

Quote from: Bosco on Dec 30, 2020, 04:09

honestly, it's been a while since Tom and Ed have taken the piss out on a forum member. Back in my day, I remember this being at least a biannual occurence .

Ah yes, the good ol' days of Milco2forum dropping in on snarky posts.

For what it's worth, I'm really enjoying the mix.

Did Meerkat ever do that, too?
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

hey, who was the lucky guy who got curb-stomped for questioning the validity of Ed's participation while DJing?

That was classic

Meerkat was a lover, not a fighter... if I recall

If I've come out of 2020 with one lesson, it is...

Don't rile up Ed.

That's 3 stories / instances (K-os story, interview w/ vox running away, Wolken's comment) I've heard or read where he bites back.
That would have blown my mind. If I had a mind.
"We going up!" and then pogo for the stars
"why yes, yes you are crazy and I love you for it!" Whirly

Quote from: rynostar on Dec 30, 2020, 20:36
That's 3 stories / instances (K-os story, interview w/ vox running away, Wolken's comment) I've heard or read where he bites back.
What's the KO-S story (re-read the thread about the don't think sample, but no news in there) and the Interview situation?
no idea, no idea

How come there is no thread on this?  :o

What an excellent mix, the first (well second really) track is like a 2020 version of chemical beats, quality stuff. It heads into the amyl house type stuff of the 90s, loads of acid and Not Another Drugstore thrown in for good measure.

Tracklist:
0:00:01 Intro
0:00:11 SAULT - I Just Want to Dance
0:01:29 Client_03 - Wavefile Dayjob
0:05:20 Swordman Kitala & OFlynn & Ekhe - Heat Flexx + 0:06:28 The Undisputed Truth - Cosmic Contact (Sample)
0:09:00 ???
0:11:15 Time Zone Featuring John Lydon and Afrika Bambaataa - Wild Style
0:15:23 Maxime Alexander - Take My Hands
0:20:57 ???
0:21:43 Peder Mannerfelt - Black Alert
0:26:00 Christina Chatfield - Ascent (Noncompliant's Persist Mix)
0:27:13 Damon Bell - Wha Gwan!!
0:28:20 Jerome - KoolKool
0:31:10 James Welsh - Sink
0:37:12 Eartheater - Inclined
0:39:40 JP Montesino - Viaje Numero Uno
0:43:49 The Chemical Brothers - Not Another Drugstore (Planet Nine Mix)
0:50:11 ???
0:51:17 Instant Funk - I Got My Mind Made Up (You Can Get It Girl)
0:52:33 James Brown - Give It Up Or Turnit A Loose (Undubbed Mix)
0:54:00 Phase II - Reachin' (Brotherhood Mix)

*edit: threads merged
Last Edit: Jan 01, 2021, 20:53 by Csar
Live:Point Depot Dublin 1999 Creamfields Ireland 2001 Witness Festival 2002  Marlay Park Dublin 2005 Electric Picnic 2007 Longitude Dublin 2015 Alexandra Palace 2018 3Arena Dublin 2018 Musgrave Park Cork 2023 3Arena Dublin 2023
DJ: Printworks 2022

Quote from: gavin35 on Jan 01, 2021, 14:25

How come there is no thread on this?  :o

Oh, there's a thread on this. And even Ed replied...

https://forum.thechembase.com/index.php/topic,2509.0.html
no idea, no idea

@Wolkenkrabber - Thanks for the early tracklist.

And...uh..thanks for bringing Ed back?

Joking aside, we got an intimate answer about an intimate mix, so THAT's something. I enjoyed the mix very much, and when I saw you took the time to ID it, I took it that you enjoyed it as well. Yeah, I guess there was a minor 'slight' in your comment, but to me it seemed casually conversational in a receptive discussion. It's a shame Ed took exception to that ONE comment, but I certainly understand his POV on it as well. It's been a difficult year for everyone, and I can't imagine what it's like right now for those in the performing arts. It sucks that that's the moment he decided to check on us...hopefully he'll be back.

And no matter what, that cut of Not Another Drugstore came through my town like a fuckin' blizzard!
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Jan 14, 2021, 21:28

@Wolkenkrabber - Thanks for the early tracklist.

And...uh..thanks for bringing Ed back?

Joking aside, we got an intimate answer about an intimate mix, so THAT's something. I enjoyed the mix very much, and when I saw you took the time to ID it, I took it that you enjoyed it as well. Yeah, I guess there was a minor 'slight' in your comment, but to me it seemed casually conversational in a receptive discussion. It's a shame Ed took exception to that ONE comment, but I certainly understand his POV on it as well. It's been a difficult year for everyone, and I can't imagine what it's like right now for those in the performing arts. It sucks that that's the moment he decided to check on us...hopefully he'll be back.

And no matter what, that cut of Not Another Drugstore came through my town like a fuckin' blizzard!
Love the spirit of your post!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

i mean yea honestly this is a wicked mix, really made my day when it came out, hope ed knows that.! hope it's enough =]
Eight or over.

Over the weekend I put this on and then listened to In Glint immediately after. Despite being nearly two decades apart, I find similarity in the presentations. I wish they would put out stuff like this every year: I'd buy it.

Now I'm in the mood for Brothers Gonna Work It Out and the Anti-Nazi Mix...
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

I'm finally getting around to listening to this for the first time, and I'm here to talk about the experimental track Eartheater - 'Inclined'

It's so deeply soaked in a Disney sample, I'm not sure how this hasn't been flagged.

"suck my bile"? Yikes

Quote from: Bosco on Feb 15, 2021, 16:59

I'm finally getting around to listening to this for the first time, and I'm here to talk about the experimental track Eartheater - 'Inclined'

It's so deeply soaked in a Disney sample, I'm not sure how this hasn't been flagged.

"suck my bile"? Yikes
Ah, yes I realised I knew the sample but didn't pinpoint it on Beauty and the Beast