The Music Gets Louder, The Lights Swirl Faster

BBC Radio 1's Ibiza Prom : Heritage Orchestra playing dance music classics

Started by Ben_j, Aug 06, 2015, 19:26

Previous topic - Next topic

This is awesome. Pete Tong had an orchestra play 23 dance music classics at the Royal Albert Hall, including tracks by Fatboy Slim, Daft Punk, Moby and Orbital. Sadly, no Chemical Brothers, but the result is still incredible, and very faithful to the original material.

Ah yes, Chops pointed this out on Facebook back on 30 July, before it appeared on youtube (was on BBC iplayer).
Bits that worked best for me: Moby's Go followed by Frankie Knuckles' Your Love  (15.35 through to 25.00), Orbital's Belfast followed by the Sabres Smokebelch II (30.55 through to about 36.00). One More time immediately after it ain't bad either but surely it should be near the end?
Some of it is a bit cheesy, and I'm not convinced that Pete Tong is actually doing anything standing behind  his CD decks...
IT'S MORNING TIME!

Benji, thanks a trillion! I've just heard the first couple of bars and already know it's gonna be in- fucking credible! Thanks for sharing!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)