EBW 1 (It Doesn't Matter)
EBW 2 (Don't Stop the Rock)
EBW 3 (Under the Influence)
EBW 4 (Freak of the Week)
EBW 5 (It Began in Africa)
EBW 6 (Pre Hoops Hoops)
EBW 7 (Acid Children)
EBW 8 (Saturate)
EBW 9 (Was there a name for this? IT SHALL BE CALLED "SENSATIONS")
EBW 10 (Midnight Madness)
EBW 11 (Sometimes I Feel So Deserted)
Mine is Freak of the Week (that was my first "so now that you're a big fan, did you know about Electronic Battle Weapons? No? Well then. Welcome to this little corner of fandom!" True experience with Electronic Battle Weapons)

I also chose It Began In Afrika. I heard from Chems mailing list people to keep an ear out for the vocal sample as they were road testing new tunes and that was one of them. I will never forget first hearing it, the first time I saw Tom and Ed spin, in the sweltering Sahara at Coachella tent all those years ago.

And last but not least is Electronic Battle Weapon 9. I missed the forum orgy when that premiered, which was sad. Even Ed joined the party on that one! My husband called me while I was at work to tell me how awesome the track was, It was one of the longest work days of my life waiting to go home so I could hear a rip of that track. I think I might still have the recording with Pete Tong talking over it at the end!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Quote from: Skyscraper on Aug 09, 2015, 01:43
I wasn't on the Forum when EBW 10 came out so I don't know if it was discussed at the time. But in case it wasn't, have a listen to the chorus of the track below and then listen to EBW10 whilst ignoring the high pitched top line.  Or listen to the tail end of EBW10 at around 7.30.

the melody in at 10 seconds. Haunting. 
Last Edit: Aug 09, 2015, 20:21 by KNE

Freak of the Week has my favourite ever Chemical noises. I still get goosebumps at 3:25 with that insane synth crescendo.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Ben Glass on Aug 14, 2015, 08:07

I did 6, 7, 8
Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 08, 2015, 14:13

10 is the worst
This is true.
Really? Looking at it as a battleweapon or in general? To me, the climax right before the end is just great.
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

10 is on the bottom for me as well.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

BTW - I like calling EBW9 'Electronic Battle Weapon 9'. It's a great name for a track. It's a great name for THAT track.  And, despite the numbering convention, the full name as it is keeps it unique.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Csar on Aug 14, 2015, 08:39

This is true.

Really? Looking at it as a battleweapon or in general? To me, the climax right before the end is just great.

The fuzzy guitar sound is great, but underneath it just feels like an off-the-shelf house track.

Hoops remix is a monster!!!

I like 10 a lot. It is quite repetitive, though. It is basically 2:30 of the same riff into the breakdown/buildup and then the main riff until the end part. I think the breakdown/buildup part is one of the coolest things they have done.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

3,7 and 10. Yeah, midnight madness is great tune! It's like an quintessence of WATN era.
Hi Kevin!

I think it's a shame they never released a 4LP of Brotherhood with all EBWs across two vinyls. I'm starting my vinyl collection now and can't really justify the purchase of the 2LP vinyl for the three minute Midnight Madness as the only track not found on other LPs.

Quote from: Bendy1001 on Aug 08, 2015, 07:58

I only ever heard 6, 7 and 9. I figured I didn't really need to listen to the others, since they all wound up as completed songs on an album or as a b-side. Plus, they're hard to track down.
I guess I can't really vote, but if I were to judge the songs by their album/b-side versions, I'd vote 3, 6 & 10

Surely it's easy to track down the 2CD set of Brotherhood? You should give them a listen, some are quite different - EBW5 is awesome.

3, 5, 6, 8, 10 all were at least extended versions of their actual releases. 3 was quite different from Under the Influence.

4, 7, 9, and 10 never made it to any album, though some did get released on Singles/EPs.
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Nils VIP on Aug 29, 2015, 00:08

You have found Ben J personal hidden, fun, chemical and exotic underwater base coordinates. Careful next time Ben (or you're inviting to a party?)

Quote from: Ben_j on Aug 28, 2015, 23:18

4 8 15 16 23 42

Previously on LOST...
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.