Not Another Drugstore
Get Yourself High
Galvanize
Left, Right
The Salmon Dance
Keep My Composure
This Is Not A Game
Go
Now that the trend on this new forum is to make polls, let's do one for all the hip hop songs the Chems made. I did not include the remixes they made for Method Man and so cause this poll only aims at songs they produced undder their own name, featuring rap singers.

My vote goes for Not Another Drugstore, best chemical rap track, and best hip hop song EVER MADE to me.

Beat me to this one. GYH fo lyfe!

Go live though is insane.
Last Edit: Aug 09, 2015, 00:32 by Biff

Not Another Drugstore it's the most exhilarating hip hop breaks song ever made. It's just a fucking badass song, that tune live must sound like it's blowing your mind into 10000 pieces.
Last Edit: Aug 09, 2015, 15:22 by Nekcore

Quote from: The Bloke on Aug 09, 2015, 00:23

I did not include the remixes they made for Method Man
Sad, because Bring The Pain is the real deal. Now i have to go with Drugstore

My vote goes for Not Another Drugstore (...) best hip hop song EVER MADE to me.
I strongly have to disagree

My Top 4:

4. Del The Funky Homosapiens - Mr. Dobalina
3. Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth - Mecca And The Soul Brother
2. A Tribe Called Quest - Jazz (We've Got)
1. Beastie Boys - Sure Shot
no idea, no idea

Now that the trend on this new forum is to make polls, let's do one for all the hip hop songs the Chems made. I did not include the remixes they made for Method Man and so cause this poll only aims at songs they produced undder their own name, featuring rap singers.

You have to be more specific.
Are we voting for the BEST RAP in a Chemical Brothers produced track
or
Are we voting for the BEST CHEMICAL BROTHERS PRODUCED TRACK with a rap in it
In other words
Are we voting for rhymes or beats?

P.S after remixing Bring the Pain, additional producting is done by the Chemical Brothers so the remix becomes a semi Chemical Production. And if we are including Bring the Pain is Prodigys Poison also up for a vote?

(or maybe I'm just making excuses cause I don't know an which to vote)

So we rollin' with the chemicals and we got the new sound. It wasn't even close for me, athough I never considered Not Another Drugstore as 'rap'. I guess it is, but Bring the Pain sits more like a rap track in my head. It's easily one of my favorites from the classic remixes. Not Another Drugstore is better.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 09, 2015, 14:15

You have to be more specific.
Are we voting for the BEST RAP in a Chemical Brothers produced track
Not Another Drugstore
Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 09, 2015, 14:15

or
Are we voting for the BEST CHEMICAL BROTHERS PRODUCED TRACK with a rap in it
still Not Another Drugstore

This is a very easy decision.
Never for money, always for love.

Quote from: WhiteNoise on Aug 10, 2015, 05:17

Not Another Drugstorestill Not Another Drugstore

This is a very easy decision.

LOL

Tough decision between Get Yourself High, Not Another Drugstore and Galvanize... But I went for Get Yourself High because I love the synth riff and the hihats . And the bass too.

Quote from: chemreact on Aug 09, 2015, 00:51

the time has come to
GO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean PUSH THE BUTTON TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torn.  I voted for keep your composure. just cos nobody else had

But the tune that is their most hip hop track isnt on the list.  its not got an actual vocal but its that good it doesnt need one. Piku is super hip hop.

I really like Go but the lyrics for the chorus seem a bit of an afterthought, but his verses and little gasps and grunts are brilliant.  Its a better rap than galvanize

I dont think its something they have ever really pulled off tbh, despite a few attempts.  Q tip just about gets away with it twice cos , well, he's fucking Q tip, possibly the greatest hip hop voice of all time.  yes i said that.

I'd like Keep My Composure a lot more if it was instrumental like Piku.
Uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you?

Quote from: satur8 on Aug 10, 2015, 21:15

I'd like Keep My Composure a lot more if it was instrumental
Which version?
no idea, no idea

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 10, 2015, 21:30
Which version?
Ha! Both.

Although, I prefer the Brotherhood version and think I get where you are going...maybe a dub version would be more appropriate than an instrumental.

On another note, even Left Right got a vote... but there is still no love for TINAG.

Quote from: ThePumisher on Aug 10, 2015, 21:30

Which version?

The Heroes version is far superior to the Brotherhood version.

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 10, 2015, 22:04

I went back for review and stand corrected. I prefer the one with the longer intro, which is indeed on Heroes. I haven't listened to either in some time...but still think a dub version would have been great.

Quote from: Joslyn on Aug 10, 2015, 22:04

Yep. The 4x4 beat on the Brotherhood version feels weird

holy tits! there's another version of KYC.  will check that out

also, this is not a game should be retitled:" This is not a chemical brothers track, that crazy New Zealand lady asked us and we were too polite to say No"

really dont understand all the love for GYH.  but what do i know?