Who Is This Doin' This Synthetic Type of Alpha Beta Psychedelic Funkin'?

Radio Chemical

Started by ThePumisher, Jan 13, 2021, 18:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Bosco's Psychotronik Mix Poll: Carl Stone's - 'shing kee'

Choice A: Iiiii Maaaaade daTHeeeese (?)  
1 (33.3%)
Choice B: Frrooommm WWWOOORRDDDSS offff Lllooovvvvve (?)
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Radio Chemical, a new Curated Station from the Chemical Brothers launches March 2 exclusively on Sonos Radio HD, featuring tracks by Pharoah Sanders, Kraftwerk, Tony Allen & many more. Available in the US & UK with more countrys coming soon!

Last Edit: Jan 13, 2021, 20:22 by ThePumisher
no idea, no idea

March 2nd?

Damn, I am leaving for Mars on March 1st

Thanks for nothing, Tom and Ed
i love chem bros omg!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never used Sonos radio. Is this a subscription app, or do you need Sonos hardware to utilize?

From what I can tell, it sounds sort of like a free internet radio / pandora-like hybrid. You can pay for  more features, such as replaying songs, ad-free, exclusive content.

Also, that their HD service, according to their graphic, is just an increase in amplitude

Quote from: androidgeoff on Jan 14, 2021, 00:19

Also, that their HD service, according to their graphic, is just an increase in amplitude

Fractionally higher pitched, too. Nice.
dancesoitallkeepsspinning

Quote from: Enjoyed on Jan 14, 2021, 07:01

Fractionally higher pitched, too. Nice.

Oh cool this means they save us time by making the songs faster

I don't know Sonos at all, I wonder what form this will take?
Will this be basically a DJ mix?

There's no way to get a digital only subscription to Sonos Radio HD. You have to have a Sonos hardware device (which I'm not interested in) to access it. Has anyone listened to this station and is it any good?

Quote from: LLG on Feb 26, 2021, 20:15

There's no way to get a digital only subscription to Sonos Radio HD. You have to have a Sonos hardware device (which I'm not interested in) to access it. Has anyone listened to this station and is it any good?

The station isn't available until March 2nd.

Just listening to the first few minutes of Bjork Sonos Radio Hour here: https://www.mixcloud.com/sonos/

At the beginning there is an interview and then she takes control with her handpicked selections.

The host (which did the interview) at the end says to check out Bjork station on Sonos Radio. So I think there is literally a specific station dedicated to Bjork's handpicked selections. But it does seem like it will be only accessible through hardware though.

It would awesome to have some clarity on this...

... and a possible discount code to purchase a speaker (if this is the whole point of all of this)!

???
Last Edit: Feb 27, 2021, 00:33 by Bosco

So no further news on this..... hmm ok

Last Edit: Mar 06, 2021, 11:17 by Csar

dammit, I have 0 luck with mixcloud. the site never loads anything I click on over there. anybody able to download it or something?
"The music Gets Louder, The Lights swirl faster, the chap who freaks out hasn't passed the acid test... A surprising number of these youngsters don't even know who Timothy Leary is..."

@Bosco: Thanks for the link!

@Connor: Check your messages.

Edit:

Tracklist I could shazam so far is

1. Starship Africa – Creation Rebel
2. Abracadubra – A Certain Ratio
3. Id?
4. Hell And Sorrow – Hortense Ellis
5. Kylyn – Pecker
6. Aswad Special – Jah Shaka
7. Back Together Again Dub – Me And You
8. Id?
9. Kiss Somebody – Johnny Osbourne
10. King Tubby's Yardie Dub
11. Id?
12. Lion Rock – Culture
Last Edit: Mar 06, 2021, 15:35 by Csar
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

csar, thanks for cleaning up the twitter link

also, can I get one of those "special messages" too!

Suprised by that mix, wouldn't have linked the Brothers with dub/reggea. Now i want Mad Professor remixes of all tunes the Brothers have released with guest vocals on it.
no idea, no idea

Quote from: Bosco on Mar 06, 2021, 18:14

csar, thanks for cleaning up the twitter link

also, can I get one of those "special messages" too!

Yes please.

This Dub mix was just lovely.

I can't wait for the summer months. This will be perfect for my adventures out on the trail when the sun is blazing.

Can't wait for their hardcore mix based on Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front and/or Biohazard
no idea, no idea

Yes, it's a lovely mix!
"You cannot eat money, oh no. You cannot eat money, oh no. When the last tree has fallen and the rivers are poisoned, you cannot eat money, oh no."
— Aurora (The Seed)

Quote from: ThePumisher on Mar 09, 2021, 18:03

Can't wait for their hardcore mix based on Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front and/or Biohazard

Fucked Up!