Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Live Shows in post-pandemic lockdown and potential expectations

• Burst Generator
  • ONE MAN WILL RISK EVERYTHING TO SAVE HIS FAMILY.
No, not the Chems. But if this can't go ahead in vaccine-central UK in July, I don't know how Sonar and Rock In Roma can go ahead in June.

https://twitter.com/BSTHydePark/status/1376912107661271041
DON'T. LOOK. DOWN.

• Freak Of The Week
  • The Future, I'll See You There
There was a "test rave" event in Liverpool this weekend:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/30/its-going-to-be-emotional-clubbers-return-in-liverpool-covid-pilot

So, depending on how this turns out, a Chems show this summer will become more (or less) likely.

• Giant
  • trying
Would have liked to see more control over this, "test". "Guinea pigs", are about the only two words that I'm willing to comprehend from that article.

Congrats on your night out young ravers. After participating, here's hoping you stick to the recommended guidelines.  ::)

• Freak Of The Week
  • The Future, I'll See You There
Fully agree, I think it would've been way better had they required a negative test and also every attendee to be fully vaccinated in order to participate. But whe'll see, maybe I'm too pessimistic.

As far as lateral flow tests are concerned as permission for certain events, here's something from Austria:
Austria is in lock-down-ish mode since basically last year November, with indoor dining closed and non-essential shopping only open sometimes.
The region Vorarlberg had relatively low incidence compared to the rest of the country at the beginnig of 2021, so the gouvernment decided to use it as a "model region" for opening indoor dining, with the requirement of a negative lateral flow test no older than two days or a PCR test no older than three days.
While the incidence in the rest of the country has decreased, the numbers in the model region have tripled.
Of course, our incompetend gouvernment calls this a success and is planning to implement the system in the rest of the country later in May as well  :-\

Of course the situation is not really comparable to the UK, as the UK has way better numbers now (incidence is a 6th or so compared to here) but I cannot imagine going indoor dining, even if they re-open, let alone attend a large-scale event.

• Swiper
  • Maybe I'll find a friend to spend the weekend
And they just cancelled the Opener festival here in poland for second year in the row.
And I just planned to see Chems as my 1st gig ever :')
I'm MAD AS HELL!

• Burst Generator
  • K+D+B is godlike
And I just planned to see Chems as my 1st gig ever

:o
no idea, no idea

You must be logged in to post. Login or register!